Razr Maxx suddenly very slow
12-15-2014 08:21 AM
In the end, I hardly ran anything on the Razr Maxx and it was still laggy as a beast. Maybe a factory reset might have helped it, but I'm glad to have finally been able to move on.02-20-2014 11:55 AM
- 02-20-2014 01:19 PM
- 02-20-2014 03:50 PM
- 02-20-2014 05:10 PM
- B. DiddyAmbassadorModerator
If you had "Automatic Restore" checked under Settings>Backup & reset, then a number of your apps from Google Play might automatically start installing. This might be to your advantage, but if there was some app that you installed before that you were suspecting of causing problems, you might not want it to install automatically, in which case you should uncheck "Automatic Restore" before doing the reset.
All SMS will be erased, as well as any photos you took that were saved directly to the phone's memory.02-26-2014 05:10 PM
- The lag issue was so bad on mine it made the phone unusable. I don't understand why this seems to happen every time my phone gets over 18 months old. Maybe some sinister plan by the carriers to make us buy new phones??
I did find a fix that seems to work pretty well, but not without some issues. I had someone send me a fix that turns on Developer Options. Set Background Process Limit to 2 and it seems to work very well. However, I noticed that sometimes I don't get messages for a while. Might be that the process is not running? I'm planning to factory default the phone anyway, which has not been done for a long time.
Just my $.0202-28-2014 07:01 PM
- It was recommended on another blog to try the Clean Master app. It's free on the Play store, gets 5 stars, and seems to work well on my MAXX. There's a one touch button that you can hit that will instantly clear your cache of everything that is slowing you down. I run it a couple of times a day and my phone runs well now.03-04-2014 02:01 PM
- Towards the top of this post, bradenfontaine suggested that an app called SystemPanel was great for figuring out what has been hogging resources. I installed it yesterday and let it run.
Over the past day, pretty much every time I pick up the phone, it lags, won't accept inputs, struggled to put a call through and was generally a nuisance and, sure enough, each time it happened (and as soon as I was able) I would load up SystemPanel and it would reveal that, yes, there was plenty of memory available but the CPU was close to maxed out.
Now, with a day's worth of data, I come to look up what has indeed been hogging the resources and everything goes very bashful. System processes are top at about 20%, System is next at 2.8% and then all the rest are below 1%.
Those stats don't look too bad to me. And yet, every time I pick up the phone, I have to wait a couple of minutes before I can do so much as to type a text message.
I've tried task killers, I've tried watchdog, I schedule a cache clean up once a week. I have done a full system reinstall but, every time it only seems to be a temporary fix and a week or two later everything is bogged down to the point of being nearly unusable. Anyone got any ideas?04-10-2014 09:48 AM
- okay so I've been monitoring for close to two days now. the phone already seems to be running quicker just with the installation of the application system panel. it's still a little bit laggy can someone explain to me what I'm supposed to look for in the monitoring history? perhaps I can post a screenshot and someone can tell me what I need to be fixing? some help would be really appreciated.04-25-2014 01:14 PM
I've been having the same trouble with slow response and it led me to this site. My thanks to Mad Man for suggesting ControlPanel. I'm not a power user by any means, but installed ControlPanel lite instead of the paid version to try it out, and it provided more info than anything I've used yet. It sounds as if you were initially borderline on resources and CP added to the problem. If you haven't tried already, it might help to power cycle your phone and start ControlPanel right after it comes back up. Perhaps then you can see what's using resources and close the app(s).08-08-2014 08:02 PM
- I had the same problems as others here. For me I narrowed it down to 1 App. Facebook. I turned off updating and disabled it and Viola!! the phone runs like new again. I just use the browser for Facebook now. This is an easy thing to try for anyone still experiencing this slow behavior. For me, there were times when I could not answer a call, the camera would take 30 seconds or more to load, apps would just stop and the whole phone just stopped responding. I did all the standard stuff including 2 factory resets. No luck. Disabling Facebook did the trick. If it doesn't work for you just enable it again. BTW this happened after the latest major update so it seems like it is the interaction between the Facebook App and the update for me that was causing the problems.08-27-2014 01:09 PM
- My phone is doing the same thing sandman333 is doing and I am wanting to know what I can do to get my phone running quicker. I can't get calls at times, some apps I can't even open says they are not responding, or they are really slow when my they are open or my phone restarts. I recently bought this phone used off someone so I'm not sure if its something he did or the phone itself phone is in great condition any help I would greatly appreciate it thanks!!12-14-2014 09:53 PM
- Good luck. I've been asking a similar question in another thread, without any responses. I think most have abandoned this phone or are just tired of answering similar questions. I've factory reset mine a few times and it continues to become an issue after a couple weeks. My last attempt was booting into Safemode and checking it that way. Since doing so, my Maxx seems to be pretty zippy, which tells me it must be one or more of my installed apps that's causing the issue.
My most recent question, which is still unanswered, is concerning Titanium Backup's ability to FREEZE multiple apps at once and if that, for the sake of this performance test, would simulate the app being uninstalled. My plan is to freeze all my apps and start un-freezing them one by one to see if I can find the offending app. That's assuming that freezing them will simulate the same things as uninstalling them. That being said, I'd like to find out if TB can FREEZE multiple apps at once or not.
I don't have the procedures handy, but did you wipe-cache on that device? Some have had success in doing so.12-15-2014 08:19 AM
- Motorola Android Phones
- More Motorola Phones
- Verizon Droid Forums
- Droid RAZR MAXX
Razr Maxx suddenly very slow
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD