Razr Maxx suddenly very slow

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
very different. swiping tasks away does not close the app, only removes it from your recently used. this will kill any app. but only by your call. it will not automatically kill anything.

My phone is running fine but I've wasted money on dumber things so I may give it a shot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: bradenfontaine

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Braden, once you identify these apps, is there a way to make sure they don't re-start after you stop them without disabling it altogether?

Also, is there a way to minimize what apps run all the time? Thanks!

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Braden, once you identify these apps, is there a way to make sure they don't re-start after you stop them without disabling it altogether?

Also, is there a way to minimize what apps run all the time? Thanks!

i believe you can disable some of the apps. from the app drawer long press on the culprit, and drag it to the top of the screen where it says app info. from there it should give you an option to disable the app, or uninstall.

albe305

May 22, 2011
Visit site
My Maxx also starting running very slow over time. I tried clearing caches without any improvement.
Noticed the stock email app was running even slower then most other apps.
Did a check and found I had about 1000 old emails in my trash folder many with attachments.
It took a while to get rid of them but when the phone finished I was back to full speed.
Hope this helps.
Dennis

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Braden I just bought the system pro you recommended but when I went to by the SD Maid, it said it was for rooted devices. Do you have a recommendation for a non rooted device?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
No my friend because without root you wont be able to clean up any crap left behind :(

Let system pro run for a full 24 hours and let us know how you like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I have had it monitoring since I bought it a few days ago....but...lol.....I'm not sure what I'm looking at or how to read it. What do I look for when I'm scrolling through history? What #'s or readings would be significant? Please explain it to me like I am 5. Thanks!

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I was having this issue. Try installing a cpu process analyzer. I did and a mediaserver process was eating up all my cpu time. A search led me to a thread on here that recommended clearing your cache in google maps. I did that this morning and it seems to have helped.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, so I have had it monitoring since I bought it a few days ago....but...lol.....I'm not sure what I'm looking at or how to read it. What do I look for when I'm scrolling through history? What #'s or readings would be significant? Please explain it to me like I am 5. Thanks!

can you take a screenshot of your history list so i can help break it down and explain what we are looking at please? sorry ive been a little AFK as im trying to move. post the screenshot and ill walk you through it ;)

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I was having this issue. Try installing a cpu process analyzer. I did and a mediaserver process was eating up all my cpu time. A search led me to a thread on here that recommended clearing your cache in google maps. I did that this morning and it seems to have helped.

glad we could help ;) SetCPU is a good app to adjust your CPU settings, and CPU Spy is a good one to let you know if your phone is going into deep sleep mode, or if it is staying at a high CPU load all day. very good for monitoring.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Think I may have to try this app. My Maxx has been doing this lately. I did a factory reset and cleared the cache a few times. Usually 1-4 days later, it starts slowing down again. Apps take 3 seconds to kick in, etc. Never did this before ICS. (Thought I'm not blaming ICS nor am I disappointed with ICS.)

As usual, bradenfontaine comes in with the fix. Well done sir, well done!

I'll blame it for you then. Every time they do this to us in the name of progress, they set us back in some measure of stability and reliability and that ticks me off. Had to go through this with a Maxx & now with a Maxx HD. I've performed 2 factory rests now and can't say the battery life or stability is near what it was pre-JB. Testing is ongoing.
I can tell you this right now though, it does not manage running apps very well. When I check running apps, I'm constantly over 700 now which sucks. Before it was in the 500s. Same situation I had going from GB to ICS. I've disabled a lot of apps I don't use and still seeing higher use. Not happy at all.

Sent using the amazing RAZR Maxx HD

Last edited:

leasterlin

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Does the System Panel Lite version work as well for the Razr? Or should I go ahead and buy the full version?

(I'll make sure to click "thanks")

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34