Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree17Likes
  • 1 Post By carracerz14
  • 2 Post By carracerz14
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 3 Post By carracerz14
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By carracerz14
  • 2 Post By bradenfontaine
  • 2 Post By carracerz14
  • 2 Post By bradenfontaine
  • 1 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Default Screen moving by itself and glitches

Hey folks,

I am having this strange problem with the screen on my razr maxx just randomly glitching..its a brand new device just got it a few days ago...when i mean is..I click on a certain app..lets say amazon mobile..and it opens up something else..and no i dont have it rooted or have any whacky settings which enable it...and then it just spazes out..when i was checking my email just now..and went to go delete it..it just randomly started clicking things i didn't even touch..and going up and down the list of my emails by itself..i go to the home screen..it just randomly opens up apps..its so annoying..now idk if its just while plugged in charging..because I saw some other forums that when its plugged in via wall charger..it has these spasms...any idea or clue people?..thanks again..

ROM
    Arctic HD

Probably hardware issue. You can try a factory reset and see if it will help. Doubt it though. Happened to me on my Droid x. Call Verizon and get a replacement. Though you say you just got it so if you're still within your 14 days take it back to the store and get a brand new one so you don't have to get a like new device.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Nah I'd rather not re download all over again all my stuff... I'll ride it out thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

Then don't complain

Thanked by:
    ryanidcomm and bradenfontaine like this.

Default Re: Screen moving by itself and glitches

Get a replacement while you can. You might think you can ride it out for now, but this is probably a sign that other things will go wrong. If you wait too long, then it'll be harder to get a free replacement.
    Thanked by 3:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Okay I'll complain all I want it's a free country.. And it's brand new...I already went through enough in switching devices or what have you..

ROM
    Arctic HD

All I'm saying is if you don't want to take the advice to of how to fix your issue then you might as well not even speak up.

The issue is only going to get worse. If it's brand new then that means you are likely still in your 14 day period and can just take it to the store. After that you can only get like new devices.
    I'm not too sure why you would want a brand new phone that doesn't function correctly.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

Well it does work fine otherwise it's probably a software glitch

Something like that typically isn't software, although if it were, a factory data reset would be a good idea, as previously suggested. It sounds like the sensors might be going a little haywire. Save yourself later troubles--get a replacement now.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Arctic HD

Like I said, I had that issue in my x. It isn't software. I suggested a reset just so everything is covered. Just because everything else is working fine doesn't mean it can't be hardware. There are a million different things that could cause a hardware issue

Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine and B. Diddy like this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Then don't complain

Have to agree. ALSO I'm a firm believer that a "like new" replacement can be better than a brand spanking new device.

sent from the fingers of a madman
    BradenFontaine@gmail.com
    Just some hobo with a phone
    carracerz14 and B. Diddy like this.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Have to agree. ALSO I'm a firm believer that a "like new" replacement can be better than a brand spanking new device.

BradenFontaine@gmail.com
    Yeah I agree with that, although most users are turned off by the idea of getting a refurbished device like they are entitled to a new device for their old device.
    That being said my replacements have always worked better than the phone I was replacing it with:thumbup:

Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine and B. Diddy like this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Think about it like this your replacement has gone through a rigorous test the brand new one did not...

BradenFontaine@gmail.com
    Thanked by:
    carracerz14 and B. Diddy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Think about it like this your replacement has gone through a rigorous test the brand new one did not...

BradenFontaine@gmail.com
    And you believe this? I've gotten replacements with blown ear speakers and I've also seen threads about phones falling apart on arrival. These phones don't go through the tests that Verizon claims or at least some don't.

But to the original poster, don't come here and complain about the advice that's been given to you. I understand your frustration, but did you come here expecting one of us to magically solve your issue? I may have missed it but how old is the device? Within 30 days you can take it back for a new one. Sure you would start from scratch but you'll end up getting so annoyed that you'll switch anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    mlbyanks11 likes this.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

I believe In the boogy man too...

BradenFontaine@gmail.com
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

That's a load of crap I've gone through numerous replacements... I don't believe that they go through tests thoroughly enough cuz refurbished phones sucks.. I've been through my share and plenty of them... And plus it's a free country it wasn't a complaint I was just seeing if anyone had a similar problem that's all

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

And fyi its 14 days on vzw

ROM
    Arctic HD

What are you, 12?
    I'm saying that all the replacements I have gotten have worked perfectly. Better than having a screen glitch. And if you don't like the way but works, call and get a new one before you waste time setting everything up. It's not that big of a deal.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

ROM
    Stock 2.3.6

I hard whipped anyway so ill see how it goes from there

When this happened to my phone I looked this up and only looked on the first page before I realized by myself that it had occured when I was charging my phone, and with a charger that is significantly different than my own; It's a lot bigger, has multiple usb ports and is funny looking, (it's my fathers).

So maybe it has to deal with the charger that you had used, who knows I guess but that was why it was happening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah Hufnagel View Post
    When this happened to my phone I looked this up and only looked on the first page before I realized by myself that it had occured when I was charging my phone, and with a charger that is significantly different than my own; It's a lot bigger, has multiple usb ports and is funny looking, (it's my fathers).

So maybe it has to deal with the charger that you had used, who knows I guess but that was why it was happening to me.

Yes saw this on my D3 if i was using a charger that the phone didnt like the screen would become spazzy and unresponsive

Same here. Just happened today. It was not plugged in and it wouldn't let me shut it down. It started after the update.