Head phone jack / Battery drain.

K_Daddy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Short version;
When I have my headset or aux cable plugged in it drains my battery. When I also have the charger plugged in it can't keep up and gets very hot.

Long version;
Shortly after I received my clnr Maxx. I noticed that my aux cable wouldn't work. Head phones work ok. My trick was to plug in my extension cable to the phone then my headphones into it. Once the sound switched I would unplug the headphones the plug in my aux cable. Wonky yes but it worked.
Then I noticed when I put the phone in the car dock, plugged in the aux cable and the power cable, after a short time my battery would go down and the phone would get hot enough to have to thermal protection mode turn on. I blamed the charger, bought a Motorola charger, and still no change. Last night while the phone was at 120? I removed the phone from the charger to let it cool. I noticed it was still getting hotter and the only thing still plugged in was my headset. I removed it and let the phone cool.
I plugged in the charger and used my bluetooth instead of the wired headset. The phone charged 100% and I keept the screen on using Google navigation all night. The phone stayed charged and cool all night and is working great now.
My solution now is.

GOgroove BlueGate Wireless A2DP Bluetooth Audio Music Adapter & Receiver for Portable Speakers , Headphones , Home and Car Stereo Systems
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00727FE5U/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

If it works like it says it should be really nice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11