Download location.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes when I download a picture off of an Internet browser it shows up in my gallery but not in the download folder can anyone enlighten me on where this this file might reside.. the dl path is

/mnt/sdcard/download/ images-2.bin...

I see my other downloads in that folder but not all.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In your Apps list, there should be a Download shortcut. Use that one.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Its not on external sd...

I know about the download app. It shows up there... When i navigate to it in the file explorer its not there

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes Apps have their own folder named "download" so while within the Gallery it will show up in a "download" category, to find it the trick is locating the actual location.
For example GO SMS & Handcent both have a "download" folder so you need to navigate to their respective location.

To find it, check the "details" of the images in your Gallery.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good point. Which browser are you using? I think Dolphin had its own download folder.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the support guys!

Chrome... ive looked into it having its own dl folder no go.. plus some pictures will show up in the dl folder some dont.

Using the built in file manager.. i have not tried a 3rd party yet... but i was planning on it when i found time!

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes Apps have their own folder named "download" so while within the Gallery it will show up in a "download" category, to find it the trick is locating the actual location.
For example GO SMS & Handcent both have a "download" folder so you need to navigate to their respective location.

To find it, check the "details" of the images in your Gallery.

When i check details it says no info... the only info i have is the file path from the "my downloads app"

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
When i check details it says no info... the only info i have is the file path from the "my downloads app"

Where are you getting details from, the Gallery? If so, it should have info.

File path should be enough.
Or if you have the exact name & extension you can do a search using a File Explorer App.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You know, Chrome might be screwy when it comes to downloading images. I just experimented with it, and when I try to download an image from a Google image search, the download never seems to complete--it just says in process. And it's a .bin file, not a .jpg file, even though the image should clearly be a .jpg file.

Have you tried using the stock browser instead? I've compared the two, and don't see a huge advantage of Chrome over stock. With stock, you can still sync your bookmarks with Chrome on your desktop, you can still do multi-tab browsing, and you can still do incognito browsing. I also find Chrome not to be any faster than stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy