Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Default Re: RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

Will our existing lapdocks work with the new HD model?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    MAXX HD all the way. The phone is much quicker and is more efficient on battery power. The display is much better as well. It is a more future proof option and will be a better choice overall. 100 dollars over 2 years of owning the phone is very little per month. It is completely worth it. Get the HD.
    I completely agree. I have heard the battery will last longer, so I would get the Maxx HD, but if you would want a smaller screen size, go with the Maxx.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    maxman1 likes this.

Looks nice. I just can't justify losing my unlimited data/paying full price for another phone. Looks like it'll be me and my Maxx for a while.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    Looks nice. I just can't justify losing my unlimited data/paying full price for another phone. Looks like it'll be me and my Maxx for a while.
    Perfectly happy with my Maxx. Were I to replace it, the choice would be an easy one.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
    Thanked by:

MAXX HD all the way. The phone is much quicker and is more efficient on battery power. The display is much better as well. It is a more future proof option and will be a better choice overall. 100 dollars over 2 years of owning the phone is very little per month. It is completely worth it. Get the HD.
    Agreed. Get the new device that is optimized for the way the phone market is today. The original Maxx is a great phone but it is certainly ready for the HD screen.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

If I get this off contract due to the unlimited data from a non Verizon place can I add insurance to it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    -KC-

"Please Android Gods, deliver me from my agony....provide us with a Motorola made Nexus, with a SD card slot, 2500+mah battery and a 4.8" IPS-LCD. Amen."
    A nexus device that's as locked down almost as tight as ios......yup that will sell

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_k605 View Post
    A nexus device that's as locked down almost as tight as ios......yup that will sell
    A requirement of being a nexus is that the boot loader is unlock able.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Yup. While I'd rather eat my own leg than have a Motorola, there will never be a locked down Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Yup. While I'd rather eat my own leg than have a Motorola, there will never be a locked down Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Um. Nom nom nom.

Developer editions! jk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    HES

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kcthwun View Post
    If I get this off contract due to the unlimited data from a non Verizon place can I add insurance to it?

Good question. Would folks like you and I have to buy it from some place like BB? As for the price, why do I get the feeling that the price will be $700

Quote Originally Posted by kcthwun View Post

As long as it is purchased from Verizon or bought second hand and never activated by the first owner, yes you should be able to.

As long as it is purchased from Verizon or bought second hand and never activated by the first owner, yes you should be able to.
    I've bought used phones from Craigslist and when I switched them onto my plan my insurance stayed on the plan. Never had a problem. Maybe if u didn't have insurance then all of a sudden bought a used phone wanted insurance and a week later it was broken they might suspect something

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    I've bought used phones from Craigslist and when I switched them onto my plan my insurance stayed on the plan. Never had a problem. Maybe if u didn't have insurance then all of a sudden bought a used phone wanted insurance and a week later it was broken they might suspect something

We're talking about if you try and add it to the new device, not if you already have it when you add that device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We're talking about if you try and add it to the new device, not if you already have it when you add that device.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I've done both and haven't had a problem. I'm sure as long as u do it when u activate the new device there shouldn't be a problem and I've never had one

Quote Originally Posted by maxman1 View Post
    Perfectly happy with my Maxx. Were I to replace it, the choice would be an easy one.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2
    If we didn't lose our unlimited plans or have to pay full price I would be all over it. My upgrade is in Feb... :-(

Which is why it won't happen, moto nexus that is.

Moto has different visuals towards our community than sammy, that and the nexus isn't a hot or well selling device.

I seriously know one person with one, and can't remember the last time I seen one out in the wild.

What draw to having a nexus device is there for moto? None.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

im content. when im no longer content, i know what ill be getting. having the latest and greatest is what society has led us to believe is the right thing to do.
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by 3:
    jcarmody8maxman1Ry 
    Ry and maxman1 like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Which is why it won't happen, moto nexus that is.

Moto has different visuals towards our community than sammy, that and the nexus isn't a hot or well selling device.

I seriously know one person with one, and can't remember the last time I seen one out in the wild.

What draw to having a nexus device is there for moto? None.
    But..

Motorola is now Google.

Plus the Nexus program would trump any existing "visuals to our community".

All of this is irrelevant though until Motorola is responsible for an actual Nexus-branded device.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts

I will be buying the HD the day it comes out. I have been waiting for this device for a while. It is a bummer about not coming with Jelly Bean though. I didn't really expect it, but it was a want. It's just after having my grouper with JB I got a little spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    But..

Motorola is now Google.

Plus the Nexus program would trump any existing "visuals to our community".

All of this is irrelevant though until Motorola is responsible for an actual Nexus-branded device.

Google bought moto for its patents, day to day operations for moto are still moto, not Google......Motorola will never produce a nexus device, unless Google takes full control over moto, which is very unlikely!

There is no money in the nexus, Motorola has no desire for it or 3rd party devs, they only care about their robotic image and Verizon making them cash.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe moto might do a nexus device is absurd.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Google bought moto for its patents, day to day operations for moto are still moto, not Google......Motorola will never produce a nexus device, unless Google takes full control over moto, which is very unlikely!

There is no money in the nexus, Motorola has no desire for it or 3rd party devs, they only care about their robotic image and Verizon making them cash.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe moto might do a nexus device is absurd.
    This. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been conveyed that there's more or less a firewall between Moto and Google?
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Motorola won't do the next Nexus device simply because they're owned by Google and Google probably doesn't want to see like they're playing favorites.

There's no money in the Nexus? Do you know if HTC received any incentives for the Nexus One? Or Samsung with the Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus? Or Asus with the Nexus 7?

That doesn't mean Motorola can't ever make a Nexus device for Google and they already have an existing relationship with Google when it comes to a lead device for a new version of Android. For all intents and purposes the WiFi Xoom was basically the Nexus for Honeycomb. And you could unlock the bootloader.

Again, if Motorola was allowed into the Nexus program, final say would come from Google so any attitudes toward the modding community would come from Google, not Motorola.

The Nexus brand is more than just a development platform now. Google appears to be shaping it into their definitive Google experience.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe Motorola would never do a Nexus device is absurd.
    Last edited by Ry; 09-07-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Ry

Global Posts
    7,197 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    This. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been conveyed that there's more or less a firewall between Moto and Google?
    There is.

And that means Motorola doesn't get any preferential treatment. Especially with regards to the Nexus program.

They'd have to apply like everyone else.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    There is.

And that means Motorola doesn't get any preferential treatment. Especially with regards to the Nexus program.

They'd have to apply like everyone else.
    There is, but it's clear google has final say over motorolas decisions. Also, the firewall exists only between the android team and Motorola, not between Motorola and the rest of google.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast