Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_k605 View Post
    Google bought moto for its patents, day to day operations for moto are still moto, not Google......Motorola will never produce a nexus device, unless Google takes full control over moto, which is very unlikely!

There is no money in the nexus, Motorola has no desire for it or 3rd party devs, they only care about their robotic image and Verizon making them cash.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe moto might do a nexus device is absurd.
    Google already has full control over Moto. Or is Eric Schmidt being at motorolas first post-google press conference not enough proof for you? Or motorolas new CEO being a google exec? Or motorolas headquarters being consolidated with googles in the merchandise mart in Chicago?

Motorola will make a nexus. It is clear they are refocusing on providing devices for ALL consumers, tinkerers and modders included. To believe they won't, based on some asinine evidence from company leadership that no longer exists, is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Motorola won't do the next Nexus device simply because they're owned by Google and Google probably doesn't want to see like they're playing favorites.

There's no money in the Nexus? Do you know if HTC received any incentives for the Nexus One? Or Samsung with the Nexus S or Galaxy Nexus? Or Asus with the Nexus 7?

That doesn't mean Motorola can't ever make a Nexus device for Google and they already have an existing relationship with Google when it comes to a lead device for a new version of Android. For all intents and purposes the WiFi Xoom was basically the Nexus for Honeycomb. And you could unlock the bootloader.

Again, if Motorola was allowed into the Nexus program, final say would come from Google so any attitudes toward the modding community would come from Google, not Motorola.

The Nexus brand is more than just a development platform now. Google appears to be shaping it into their definitive Google experience.

Prove me wrong. You can't, and to even slightly believe Motorola would never do a Nexus device is absurd.
    The nexus line has never been around to make money, and it will never turn profit, it's androids guinea pig, it allows devs to further improve android base once they release codes. Motorola's bread and butter is far from our community.

And as far as proving you.....Motorola's actions speak volumes toward what they think of the modding community, please tell me why they would consider doing a nexus.

In the mean time stop defending something you know deep down will never happen, the sooner you come down from the clouds it will be easier on you.
    Last edited by Dave_k605; 09-07-2012 at 07:24 PM.

also, Verizon is moving towards having all handsets locked down, I'm almost positive their won't be another nexus device on Verizon, they like what they can control...this logic in itself proves moto will not dip into a dead market for them.

I'm now down with this circle of a convo, I'm not going to further argue about something that won't happen, it's pointless.

Good day, and good luck on your wishes.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,314 Global Posts

The nexus line has never been around to make money, and it will never turn profit, it's androids guinea pig, it allows devs to further improve android base once they release codes. Motorola's bed and butter is far from our community.

And as far as proving you.....Motorola's actions speak volumes toward what they think of the modding community, please tell me why they would consider doing a nexus.

In the mean time stop descending something you know deep down will never happen, the sooner you come down from the clouds it will be easier on you.
    You can't say with 100% accuracy that Motorola will NEVER do a Nexus device.

If Google wants Motorola to make a Nexus device, Motorola will make a Nexus device.

While not technically a Nexus device, I've already proven you assumption to not be 100% accurate because of Motorola and Google's past relationship on the Wi-Fi XOOM.

Locking down other devices is irrelevant. They partnered with Google to launch Honeycomb on the XOOM. They did it Google's way.

Now that they're owned by Google, it just drives it further home that Google is going to have final say in Motorola's business decisions.

To say Motorola will never do a Nexus device is simply naive.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,314 Global Posts

also, Verizon is moving towards having all handsets locked down, I'm almost positive their won't be another nexus device on Verizon, they like what they can control...this logic in itself proves moto will not dip into a dead market for them.

I'm now down with this circle of a convo, I'm not going to further argue about something that won't happen, it's pointless.

Good day, and good luck on your wishes.
    Last I checked, Motorola isn't owned by Verizon.

Last I checked, Motorola made devices for other carriers.

Last I checked, Motorola made unlocked devices you can compatible with other networks.

Sorry, try again.

Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Last I checked, Motorola isn't owned by Verizon.

Last I checked, Motorola made devices for other carriers.

Last I checked, Motorola made unlocked devices you can compatible with other networks.

Sorry, try again.

your right, they are not owned by Verizon, but if ver says locked and encrypted boatloader, it's going to be. Hell Verizon hasn't even had to tell them too, they just come locked down.

Yes they make devices for other carriers, but they don't sell best the volume as they do on big red, company's will always focus where the money is.

Unlockable yes, so where's all the awesome rom/kernal possibilities for the last 3 year phone models......all locked down to tight to get stuff going, correct.

As far as my thoughts being naive, it's really not, I would love to see Google at its core across all lines, it just won't happen, until I see it...I won't believe it, nor get excited about a possibility.

I don't dwell on pipedreams.

I have nothing to try again for, you keep wanting me to prove you wrong, but the real issue here is moto needs to prove me wrong and release a nexus.

I get it, your a motofanboy, and you come off as about as bad as a iPhone guy.
    Your just looking to argue with someone.

This is the final comment, I won't argue about hope. If you wish to say anything further to me on this matter, pm/make a thread saying told you so, when moto releases a nexus device.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,314 Global Posts

your right, they are not owned by Verizon, but if ver says locked and encrypted boatloader, it's going to be. Hell Verizon hasn't even had to tell them too, they just come locked down.

Yes they make devices for other carriers, but they don't sell best the volume as they do on big red, company's will always focus where the money is.

Unlockable yes, so where's all the awesome rom/kernal possibilities for the last 3 year phone models......all locked down to tight to get stuff going, correct.

As far as my thoughts being naive, it's really not, I would love to see Google at its core across all lines, it just won't happen, until I see it...I won't believe it, nor get excited about a possibility.

I have nothing to try again for, you keep wanting me to prove you wrong, but the real issue here is moto needs to prove me wrong and release a nexus.

This is the final comment, I won't argue about hope. If you wish to say anything further to me on this matter, pm/make a thread saying told you so, when moto releases a nexus device.
    One of those "last word" guys, I see.

Last I checked, the Galaxy Nexus has an unlockable bootloader, even on Verizon. Oh yeah, because it's a Nexus.

Sorry, try again.

Global Posts
    10,674 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Default Re: RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

Bypassing this threads trivial clutch....
    OP, I am definitely checking one out. If I do get one, my fiance will get a 32G pebble blue sg3 to replace her dated galaxy1. I have to "really" want one, so if it don't blow the doors off my s3, then I am allocating funds for something more fun
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,314 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmousmosesMW View Post
    So here is my question for your opinions....
    I am a 'simple' user: I don't root my phones, I barely use 1GB of data a month, I mostly just talk, text, camera, play a few games, and access facebook, the internet and this forum. I am eligible for an upgrade and had pretty much made up my mind to go with the Razr Maxx (mostly for the battery and the feedback I got on call quality). But now knowing the Maxx HD will be coming hopefully sometime within the next couple months, I find myself in the dilemma of whether I should still go with the Maxx or wait for the Maxx HD.

So, looking for your opinions - Are the differences between the two worth the anticipated $100 price difference and the wait for the Maxx HD release based on what I use my phone
    for?

Thanks.
    I'd get the MAXX HD over the MAXX.

Thanked by:

gNote 2 on verizon if it comes to it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Verizon has always made clear that handsets with skins would be locked down and experience devices would not.

Your premise is that, because Verizon forces their suppliers to lock bootloaders, that Motorola itself will never produce a nexus or create unlockable handsets. The Photon Q and developer editions of the new RAZRs proves your premise incorrect.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

By the time my contract s up there should be something nicer out *fingers crossed*
    So I think I'll drool now over it but wait to see how it holds up

ROM
    stock

My upgrade hits on the 25th of this month and I cant wait for this phone to come out. I'm hoping razr maxx hd phone will be priced in the 249.99 but its possible Verizon will try the 299 like they did with the other maxx.
    I've been contemplating this device or the galaxy s3, but I think I'm done with Samsung devices, which have left a bad taste in my mouth since I switched to them after my OG droid.

my 2c
    Currently after having owned multiple Samsung devices omnia and fascinate (most horrible phone I've ever been stuck with) I had a taste of Motorola when I had the OG droid which has been my best android experience to date and the
    phone's reception was clear, the gps lock was instant. Sadly on these Samsung devices I've had multiple hardware issues, poor reception and the gps has taken up to 15 minutes just to get a lock. My opinion my be bias, but I believe
    Motorola phones are better engineered and tested than comparable Samsung devices. Motorola doesn't seem to put out a device with bleeding edge technology, but does provide a device with superior call quality and build
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry, bradenfontaine and revtech like this.

I'm an iphoner that is making the jump to the hd maxx. Didn't see enough out of the upcoming 5.
    Looking for some Android knowledge...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckNet View Post
    I'm an iphoner that is making the jump to the hd maxx. Didn't see enough out of the upcoming 5.
    Welcome to the club! Let me plug Amazon Wireless again, which is where I got my Razr Maxx earlier this year (and presumably will also carry the HD when it comes out). Prices are often better than at Verizon, and you don't pay tax.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,314 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to the club! Let me plug Amazon Wireless again, which is where I got my Razr Maxx earlier this year (and presumably will also carry the HD when it comes out). Prices are often better than at Verizon, and you don't pay tax.
    Do they add any other contract stuff?

Do they add any other contract stuff?

Not sure what you mean. I was able to upgrade my phone and keep my same plan back in March, including my existing corporate discount, so I don't think there are any other catches. I did upgrade the day before Share Everything went into effect, so I'm not sure if you can still keep your unlimited data nowadays if you upgrade using Amazon.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,314 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Not sure what you mean. I was able to upgrade my phone and keep my same plan back in March, including my existing corporate discount, so I don't think there are any other catches. I did upgrade the day before Share Everything went into effect, so I'm not sure if you can still keep your unlimited data nowadays if you upgrade using Amazon.
    Premium/authorized dealers can have their own contracts in addition to the contract with the carrier.

I've never ordered an on-contract phone from Amazon so I was just asking about any other terms.

Oh, I see. I don't recall any significant fine print, but who knows, maybe I sold my soul to the Jeff Bezos.

I would get it for sure if I could do it without loosing my unlimited data.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by rbess1965 View Post
    I would get it for sure if I could do it without loosing my unlimited data.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    You can, unsubsidized.

From what i was told by my Verizon friend, since the share everything plan. Once you upgrade your phone again, the unlimited data is long gone.He said the only way to keep it is to buy the phone out right or used and transfer it over.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #98  

Mike, that's 100% correct information. If I decide to upgrade from my Maxx to the HD, it will be out right since I'm not eligible yet nor would I if I was eligible since I have unlimited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The only thing that's keeping me loyal to Motorola is the battery. Untill the competition finds out a way to make a sleek top of the line phone with the battery size eqivalent of the Maxx, I'll stay with Moto. Even that new LG Optimus G looks sexy, but with a 2100mh battery...I know it won't have the lasting power I've grown accoustomed to.

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I'll probably end up with the MAXX HD, but I was playing with a 4S today and I sure wish Android was that smooth and the screen (same as the S3) was that clear...

I've heavily considered the 5, but the lack of simultaneous data/voice & potential battery life issues are concerning.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast