RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
"Please Android Gods, deliver me from my agony....provide us with a Motorola made Nexus, with a SD card slot, 2500+mah battery and a 4.8" IPS-LCD. Amen."

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
"Please Android Gods, deliver me from my agony....provide us with a Motorola made Nexus, with a SD card slot, 2500+mah battery and a 4.8" IPS-LCD. Amen."

The least likely of those wishes is the SDcard slot, but the rest is plausible :).

omie19

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How will you not. Isn't the buy back paying you for your phone, then you pay full price for the new one?

A MAXX on Craiglslist is ~$300, whats Best Buy giving you?

I got my maxx in april i can get 400 for it until november of this year and so if the retail price of the maxx hd is is 699- 400 = 299 for a new phone

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You know how a dead pixel sort of stands out at you? AMOLED is that way to me. I can see 'general grainyness' easily at arms length on the Galaxy S3. SLCD is simply a more accurate, higher clarity choice for phone displays.

If I didn't see it, I wouldn't care. But for how easily I notice it, I can't imagine no one else does. If you can A-B compare a S3 (AMOLED) & One X/EVO LTE (SLCD) and say that the One X/EVO LTE doesn't look considerably clearer, I'd be very surprised.

SLCD is simply better than AMOLED, and to choose an inferior display is disappointing.

Think I'll just sit around and wait for a Super LCD2 HD with THX on a 3300mah battery. Ya, that'll happen :)

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my maxx in april i can get 400 for it until november of this year and so if the retail price of the maxx hd is is 699- 400 = 299 for a new phone

I really need to look into buying my phones from Best Buy and purchasing that buy back plan. How much is it on a $650 device?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So here is my question for your opinions....
I am a 'simple' user: I don't root my phones, I barely use 1GB of data a month, I mostly just talk, text, camera, play a few games, and access facebook, the internet and this forum. I am eligible for an upgrade and had pretty much made up my mind to go with the Razr Maxx (mostly for the battery and the feedback I got on call quality). But now knowing the Maxx HD will be coming hopefully sometime within the next couple months, I find myself in the dilemma of whether I should still go with the Maxx or wait for the Maxx HD.

So, looking for your opinions - Are the differences between the two worth the anticipated $100 price difference and the wait for the Maxx HD release based on what I use my phone
for?

Thanks.

Derek_B

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
"Do it before Apple forces Samsung to make trapezoidal or star-shaped phones."

Or: The Pyramid!

TheOffice_ThePyramid_ss.jpg

Last edited:

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
So here is my question for your opinions....
I am a 'simple' user: I don't root my phones, I barely use 1GB of data a month, I mostly just talk, text, camera, play a few games, and access facebook, the internet and this forum. I am eligible for an upgrade and had pretty much made up my mind to go with the Razr Maxx (mostly for the battery and the feedback I got on call quality). But now knowing the Maxx HD will be coming hopefully sometime within the next couple months, I find myself in the dilemma of whether I should still go with the Maxx or wait for the Maxx HD.

So, looking for your opinions - Are the differences between the two worth the anticipated $100 price difference and the wait for the Maxx HD release based on what I use my phone
for?

Thanks.
MAXX HD all the way. The phone is much quicker and is more efficient on battery power. The display is much better as well. It is a more future proof option and will be a better choice overall. 100 dollars over 2 years of owning the phone is very little per month. It is completely worth it. Get the HD.

Reactions: AmousmosesMW

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
MAXX HD all the way. The phone is much quicker and is more efficient on battery power. The display is much better as well. It is a more future proof option and will be a better choice overall. 100 dollars over 2 years of owning the phone is very little per month. It is completely worth it. Get the HD.

I completely agree. I have heard the battery will last longer, so I would get the Maxx HD, but if you would want a smaller screen size, go with the Maxx.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Looks nice. I just can't justify losing my unlimited data/paying full price for another phone. Looks like it'll be me and my Maxx for a while.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks nice. I just can't justify losing my unlimited data/paying full price for another phone. Looks like it'll be me and my Maxx for a while.

Perfectly happy with my Maxx. Were I to replace it, the choice would be an easy one.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. Get the new device that is optimized for the way the phone market is today. The original Maxx is a great phone but it is certainly ready for the HD screen.

kcthwun

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If I get this off contract due to the unlimited data from a non Verizon place can I add insurance to it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
A requirement of being a nexus is that the boot loader is unlock able.

Yup. While I'd rather eat my own leg than have a Motorola, there will never be a locked down Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yup. While I'd rather eat my own leg than have a Motorola, there will never be a locked down Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Um. Nom nom nom.

Developer editions! jk

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums