Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

Now that Android Central has a story on it, whos getting it? I don't know, but I'm going to be buying devices outright so I'm considering it heavily.

Droid RAZR Maxx HD hands-on | Android Central

Default Re: RAZR Maxx HD - Whos jumping to it?!

That's flippin' sweet. I'll bet Apple will want to sue because of the metallic edges. But hey, there's no way that it could ever be mistaken for an iPhone because THE BATTERY LASTS UP TO 32 FREAKIN HOURS.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's flippin' sweet. I'll bet Apple will want to sue because of the metallic edges. But hey, there's no way that it could ever be mistaken for an iPhone because THE BATTERY LASTS UP TO 32 FREAKIN HOURS.
    Unless I missed it, I'm curious as to why Motorola isn't saying how much capacity the battery is. The original Maxx is 3300 but I assume this has to be even bigger to allow the HD screen so much battery.

Engadget says it's still 3300 mAh. I think it's supposed to last longer because the new processor is more energy efficient, which probably offsets the increased energy usage of the HD screen.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/05/m...ery-beautiful/
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

I for one, am very happy with my current RAZR MAXX and can't see any reason for upgrading just yet. The RAZR series should receive Jelly Bean sometime soon, that'll help my itch for getting a new device. My upgrade is coming in May and I'm looking at 5"+ devices.
    Blackberry 8330 / HTC Hero / Motorola Milestone / Motorola Milestone X / Motorola Photon / Apple iPhone 4 / Motorola Droid Bionic / Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX / Verizon Galaxy Nexus / iPhone 5 / Samsung Galaxy S4
    LegalAmerican likes this.

I still love my Maxx, and wouldn't upgrade any time soon either. But tech lust is always a reason to upgrade--not necessarily the best reason, but still a reason!

5" devices have nice looking screens, but I imagine they'd start to get too bulky to slip into the pants pocket. "Is that your phone, or are you just glad to see me with that big flat rectangular package?"

Quote Originally Posted by gmonkey88 View Post
    I for one, am very happy with my current RAZR MAXX and can't see any reason for upgrading just yet. The RAZR series should receive Jelly Bean sometime soon, that'll help my itch for getting a new device. My upgrade is coming in May and I'm looking at 5"+ devices.
    Agreed. I've LOVED my Maxx experience, but I think i'll seriously look at the Note 2 if it's available on Verizon. Either way, I think I am ready to try a non Motorola device. I'll probably go with Samsung.
    cdf3 likes this.

Do it before Apple forces Samsung to make trapezoidal or star-shaped phones.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    Agreed. I've LOVED my Maxx experience, but I think i'll seriously look at the Note 2 if it's available on Verizon. Either way, I think I am ready to try a non Motorola device. I'll probably go with Samsung.
    I'd do it, but Motorola signal strength and battery life is unmatched by any other cellular manufacturer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    revtech likes this.

I didn't see anything THAT impressive. Is it just me?

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by beperry1 View Post
    I didn't see anything THAT impressive. Is it just me?

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.
    I guess its all about the HD screen and superior processor. I'm a tech junkie so I go nuts for this.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts

Not too crazy about Maxx HD. If it had 5" screen, maybe. Besides, I just got my Maxx couple of months ago and I usually wait until my upgrade is available since new phones are coming out all the time and it's impossible to "keep up". Now if only they can come up with Maxx like phone (big screen, big battery) with Blackberry keyboards....
    Samsung A950 > LG Choco > BB Curve > DINC > DINC2 > MAXX > Moto X
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Jack33 View Post
    Not too crazy about Maxx HD. If it had 5" screen, maybe. Besides, I just got my Maxx couple of months ago and I usually wait until my upgrade is available since new phones are coming out all the time and it's impossible to "keep up". Now if only they can come up with Maxx like phone (big screen, big battery) with Blackberry keyboards....
    I said I wouldn't upgrade until I'm due but now that a new contract means the loss of unlimited data I don't worry about it.

MERCDROID likes this.

full price is way to much for what I'd be getting. my maxx is still the best. and whenwe finally get LTE here, it'll be like having a new phone. maxx continues to trip my trigger on a daily basis. no HD for me.

Global Posts
    1,036 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!!

Motorola clearly is capable of better, as shown with the Atrix HD and it's gorgeous display.

I can see the AMOLED matrix from arms length. Unacceptable. Also, you'd think with the screen blotch issue, they'd cut ties with Samsung.

Also, the regular RAZR got a battery boost...I was seriously hoping for a 3500+ battery. Also, why come out with phone at speed as the other big guys...and ICS!?!?!

"Leapfrog" should be tossed around once and a while...

I've put up with substandard screens to have superior connectivity...getting annoyed now.

HTC IPS-LCD > *

The next Nexus device better not be made by Samsung...and it better not be AMOLED!
    Last edited by dreamliner; 09-05-2012 at 06:15 PM.

I'll be jumping all over this phone.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Super AMOLED is beautiful. It's in the eye of the beholder.
    Thanked by:

Will be buying retail to keep unlimited. i know the specs are not revolutionary but just to have a device with that battery is enough.
    Grim Razr likes this.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!! AMOLED SUCKS!!

Motorola clearly is capable of better, as shown with the Atrix HD and it's gorgeous display.

I can see the AMOLED matrix from arms length. Unacceptable. Also, you'd think with the screen blotch issue, they'd cut ties with Samsung.

Also, the regular RAZR got a battery boost...I was seriously hoping for a 3500+ battery. Also, why come out with phone at speed as the other big guys...and ICS!?!?!

"Leapfrog" should be tossed around once and a while...

I've put up with substandard screens to have superior connectivity...getting annoyed now.

HTC IPS-LCD > *

The next Nexus device better not be made by Samsung...and it better not be AMOLED!
    Those splotches don't bother me at all on a phone nor do I notice them normally. If my Samsung LED television had those than we would have an issue.

Also, does anyone know who makes the OLED display on the PlayStation Vita? I assume Sony does as it's their device but it has the same splotches that the RAZR has.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Gonna wait and see in person; but sitting on my T-BOLT and itching to jump to a new device. Device better ship w/ 4.1.1 if they are running it already in the hands on reviews

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Also, the regular RAZR got a battery boost...I was seriously hoping for a 3500+ battery.
    Is up to 32 hours of mixed use time seriously not enough? If you make the battery bigger with the mainstream battery tech we have today, it would make the phone bulkier and heavier.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Will be buying retail to keep unlimited. i know the specs are not revolutionary but just to have a device with that battery is enough.
    I agree. when i found out i would lose my unlimited data i swore to buy retail until i die to keep it. Plus i will be streaming 24hrs a day. my goal is 100 gigs next month.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm happy with my GS3, but I would have been tempted to buy this if it came out earlier this year, like June. I'm buying all my phones full retail as well, to keep my unlimited data. In my opinion, the advantages the Razr Maxx HD would have over the GS3 are the dedicated hdmi port, Motorola's radios (even though the GS3 has good radios), the stock 3300 mah battery, and the near-Nexus skin. It's a worthy competitor indeed, and it might be upgraded to Jellybean before the GS3
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Honestly, I'd seriously, seriously consider it if it looked a bit cooler/sleeker.

Oh and re: screen tech, sure, it looks great, and yes, my GN has a blotch that's hard to ignore in pitch black darkness, but I would prefer One X type tech.
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Razr View Post
    I agree. when i found out i would lose my unlimited data i swore to buy retail until i die to keep it. Plus i will be streaming 24hrs a day. my goal is 100 gigs next month.
    Sounds like me except not that high. My goal is 25GB. I hit 17GB last month from netflix and slacker.

I probably won't be upgrading, not enough for me to upgrade. I love my Maxx now. And I know I'll be buying retail so I don't lose unlimited. I travel too much and use netflix and slacker too much to lose it. Hotel Wifi is just unstable and slow.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    bradenfontaine likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast