Just replaced my Bionic with a Razr Maxx

jdw71

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I just got off the phone with VZW and they let me get a Razr Maxx for $50 because of the problems I had with my Bionic. I liked the bionic but the data problems were too much. I hope I like this phone which is def. an upgrade from the bionic. So hopefully I am happy and I do not have to replace anymore phones and this one is a keeper.

moder81#AC

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
That's not a bad deal! I was considering a RM over my GN!, I didn't like the format of the RM, heard the battery life is amaxing.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

magic_appu

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey.. Try to talk to them again. They replaced my 2 bionics for Razr Maxx for FREE just today.. It changes from agent to agent.. Call them and ask for $50 refund/credit..

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Be glad you got the Maxx over the original Razr! Other than that the only major issues I have with the device is the display which is a little low res for tastes but it's okay for normal use!

Look into the Web Dock and the Lap Dock for the RAZR / Razr Maxx. It's awesome and the dock can be had for less than $30 now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Ok I know this is a little off topic for this thread but after reading Braden's signature about rooting / roming I have a question to ask. Is it worth rooting the Razr currently? Is there enough dev support to put out stable Jelly Bean Roms / radios / etc? I only ask because when I had my Rezound I was told that rooting would wipe the phone and thats a LOT of work for me to do, I have email accounts galore synced, calendars, at least a hundred apps (some of them aren't from the play store so it won't automatically start redownloading) and not to mention the almost 10GB of music I have synced to my Razr! Sorry if this is a kinda stupid question but Im a n00b when it comes to the whole hackery thing but I'm open to any info you can give me! :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Be glad you got the Maxx over the original Razr! Other than that the only major issues I have with the device is the display which is a little low res for tastes but it's okay for normal use!

Look into the Web Dock and the Lap Dock for the RAZR / Razr Maxx. It's awesome and the dock can be had for less than $30 now.

How did you get the lapdock for $30? Lowest price I have seen is around $50ish.

I agree though, the premium dock and lapdock are sweet, they are the main reason why I am using my razr maxx over my gs3

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
How did you get the lapdock for $30? Lowest price I have seen is around $50ish.

I agree though, the premium dock and lapdock are sweet, they are the main reason why I am using my razr maxx over my gs3

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

Sorry, I meant that I got the HD Station (the same as the Dock but it has 3 USB ports on the back) for less than $30. I haven't looked into the Lap Dock but a quick search shows it ranges around $40-$50ish dollars.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Where are you finding a new lapdock for $40ish, lowest I have seen is around $ 50.

Sorry, I meant that I got the HD Station (the same as the Dock but it has 3 USB ports on the back) for less than $30. I haven't looked into the Lap Dock but a quick search shows it ranges around $40-$50ish dollars.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was looking on ebay. Some of them look almost new and there's a few that are even in box for $50-$60. But honestly as long as it has all the original parts I don't see the pros to buying one in box. As long as the screen isn't cracked or something big like that but if it's just a scratch or two then what's the point of paying $10-$20 more when through use you will scratch the new one just as bad, of not worse.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was looking into it but I ended up getting the HD Station instead. It was cheaper and better suited for what I need. I especially love having the ability to just lay back in bed with a wireless mouse and keyboard and watch YouTube, surf the web, watch netflix, play a game or two, work on documents, finish homework, and the list goes on! Hopefully if Motorola gets to make the next Nexus they include this feature because it is really a cool feature to have and for only $25 extra for the dock it isn't a budget buster!

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Take my last statement back, I just read on Engadget where Motorola publicly stated that they will begin phasing out the WebDock and LapDock starting with the Razr M onward.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon