Better charge on wall outlet or USB?

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I usually wall outlet charge Maxx. But I left him on the usb charge the other night and it seemed like it had more charge left at the end of the day.
Is there a difference?

Sent from Marx Maxx

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I usually wall outlet charge Maxx. But I left him on the usb charge the other night and it seemed like it had more charge left at the end of the day.
Is there a difference?

Sent from Marx Maxx

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

USB charge via computer? I think those max at 500 mAh.

Wall chargers can vary.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Wall chargers can vary.

I'm saying I charged it via the included charging/data cable on a USB port on a computer.
compared to charging it on a 110 outlet charger.

- - - Updated - - -

Wall chargers can vary.

I'm saying I charged it via the included charging/data cable on a USB port on a computer.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Could have been you just used it less that day...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Usb charges slower than wall, usb puts out less power. Fact.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

And while using the mobile hotspot, my phone would charge on the wall but stay the same on USB. Not very productive if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
And while using the mobile hotspot, my phone would charge on the wall but stay the same on USB. Not very productive if you ask me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it's because the usb can't keep up with the rate of discharge if you are doing something that uses a lot of power, like hot spot.

You can make usb charge as fast as AC by using fast charge, available in some roms, but I don't think it's too good for your battery

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
usb 2.0 spec is 5v/500ma max

typically smartphone chargers are 5v/1A.

tablets are typically 5v/2A.

oddly, when i tried to charge my Maxx using my tp charger, it would only do so at 5v/500ma. but using standard smartphone chargers, it would do 5v/1a.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Wall charger pumps more juice than via a PC. If anything it would just take longer to charge, but that doesn't translate to a longer charge buddy.

sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@gmail.com

Well sounds right.... Technically.
All I know is when I take it off wall charger, same time as usb charge overnight, it says 99%.
Usb charge overnight says 100%.
Approximately same use, end of day is about 15-20% more if charges on USB.
Just sayn....

Sent from Marx Maxx

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well sounds right.... Technically.
All I know is when I take it off wall charger, same time as usb charge overnight, it says 99%.
Usb charge overnight says 100%.
Approximately same use, end of day is about 15-20% more if charges on USB.
Just sayn....

Sent from Marx Maxx

Usb won't increase the capacity of your battery Lmao here have a :beer: on me for the creativity though

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Usb won't increase the capacity of your battery Lmao here have a :beer: on me for the creativity though

I'll take it! :beer:
Thanks. So....okay.
The difference I see on my screen is all in my mind as in a movie.
*whisper * I see dead people and better battery charges on my USB.

Sent from Marx Maxx

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Amperage is the main thing when you are charging a battery. Due to the circuitry in the Li-Ion battery, you are generally safe using USB, 1A, or 2A charger. My rule is the charger should not be more powerful than the battery (i.e., 2A charger max on a 2000mA battery). If the battery is charging too fast the logic on the battery will shut down the process to keep the battery from overheating. Heat is the number 1 killer of Li-Ion batteries. If you're charging your phone and it seems to get a lot hotter than normal when you charge it you might want to go to the next step down size charger since it will eventually cause the battery to wear out faster. BTW, cases are a bad idea when it comes to batteries. They were not part of the original design spec and usually cause the battery to get hotter than intended.

The charger that comes with our Maxxs' are 750mA so a mostly drained battery (almost impossible to totally kill a battery) will take about 4 hours to charge. Using a 1A charger takes that number to 3 while running amok with a 2A charger will 1.5 hours. These are approximate times but I've used the 2A option several times without any issues. Since I usually charge my battery overnight I just use the stock charger and we're charged by the time I get up - unless I was up all night. Keep in mind, these times are based on an idle or off phone. Using the phone on the charger will lengthen these times.

Just my $.02

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use a 2a charger on my razr maxx and it would only charge at 500ma. Which 2a charger did you use?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87