Razr Maxx is unresponsive as hell since ICS update month(s) ago.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive been trying to just fight through it and deal with the lag and buggy-ness, poor browser(s) available, freezing and everything else. It's quite depressing this has been happening since the phone was solid before ICS. I don't have apps that are big files.. no real music on the phone.. so this is bogus.

Contemplating ditching Android for Apple.. I KNOW.. I KNOW..

But damn.. this is ridiculous.

Phadunkin

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid to do that.. I have a lot of pictures and information on my phone that i don't want to lose. [No apps I paid for, thankfully]

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You won't lose anything that is saved to your external sd card and you will be given the option to clear your internal sd card. Just hit no when it pops up. You won't lose any pictures. Only all your apps(which if you paid for, they would be backed up with Google anyway). And all your settings and you will have to re do all your home screens.

But it is definitely worth it, it will more than likely solve your problems.

Think of it like a computer, when you install a new os (say, windows xp to windows 7) you wouldn't expect to be able to just install over the old one with out running into problems.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful it will solve the issues long term. I have done 3 full resets since ics. It will speed up for a while and then slow way down a few weeks later. I have not been able to pinpoint it to any app.

Pushing information through the internetz with my MAXX!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had no problems. Just as fast as the day I installed ics. Faster than it was on gb. Probably a rouge app. You should reset and not restore any apps..

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Unlikely that it will actually help that much but it's worth a shot. Still think he should just do a factory reset since he never did one after the upgrade.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So far, I have done 4 cache wipes and 3 full factory resets. My phone is STILL slow. It will speed up after the reset and then a few weeks later, be slow and unresponsive. I am not complaining. It seems funny that there are so many variances in the way these phones work. Some people get 2 days on one charge, some get 12 hours.

As far as I know, the problem stems from an app issue but I can't be certain. I guess I could do another wipe and then install an app, wait a few weeks and then install another. *shrug* I like ICS but I miss some of the solidity of GB. Still I'm happy with my phone overall and the only way I'd change is for the Maxx HD. (Or believe it or not, my old EVO 3D......I loved that little guy. *sniffle*)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is Chrome installed? I know from experience that Chrome slowed my Acer A500 tablet down like crazy when I tried it a few months ago, even when I wasn't actually using it for browsing (Chrome was still in beta at the time). If you have Chrome, see what happens if you uninstall it.

cubetop

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Still running the stock browser. No longer running Flash Player. It's not a web thing per say. Sometimes when I try to open my yahoo mail, it stares at me......and then remembers what it was supposed to do.

Last full reset, I left off 95% of my games and silly apps thinking that maybe they were the cause. No such luck. My GPS still has issues but I'm almost certain that's a Google issue as my fiance's Rezound has the exact same issue.

It's a bit frustrating because it's almost like my poor phone lost a processor but I still love the phone enough that I manage to ignore it most of the time.

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
i tried doing the cache partition wipe 3 times but failed. but, i think i found out why my phone was laggy and locking up...it was the motocast :( so glad i found the answers on one of the forums here....I was loosing hope for my razr maxx, lol...

do i still need to do a cache partition wipe since i haven't done it since the ics update?

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
disabling motocast worked like a charm for me. its only been 1 day, but man I forgot how smooth this phone is THANKS EVERYONE!

moparman7400

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
and the frustration you're and the frustration you're experiencing is very common. As for the real music, ., look for an app called "music paradise", and this will help you find some tunes.

Let's all hang together. There's no sense in jumping ship and doing something foolish like getting an i-Brick

davegutz

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Just for the record, I know this thread is old, I had similar problems caused by old apps from my Droid X installed onto new Razr Maxx HD. In particular, a program called "Startup Auditor" was causing at least half of my problems. Start fresh. If problems, factory reset and remove all apps. And when you get new phone, don't assume any of your favorite apps will work on new phone.