I don't believe it

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I have searched the best I know how on the Internet to find out what the sides or the edges of the maxx is made out of, stainless steel they all say, I don't believe it cause this thing has surface scratches all over it and I am OCD about my phone, heck I work hard for my money, I don't make all that much, I'm proud of my purchase and want it to last as long as possible and look nice.

I like the look of the maxx but not the scratches, i ordered a product similar to skin it. I hope it suits my needs and i am satisfied with it.

Anybody relate?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I agree, but if its stainless steel than its the parts under because these edges are practically plastic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It's my understanding that the internal frame is SS with an aluminum outer skin. If it's subject to getting dinged a good cover is the best bet.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
My brother has a regular razr, and has a case mate barely there case, I don't know how will he likes it or how good a case it is but my point, it's the only case I've seen that doesn't add a whole lot of bulk. I like the size of the maxx but not more bulk please.

- - - Updated - - -

I swear to, I think the edges are plastic

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to find the info either, but I suspect the outer skin is actually plastic, with the Kevlar reinforcing the back. The core is stainless steel.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a great phone but this is my only complaint about it, and for this reason, it's probably why I noticed they made the back fully kevlar and no plastic edges on the razr m and razr hd

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I found out that the sides are really aluminum on the razr and razr maxx. I took a little bit of aluminum polish to a small spot, got rid of surfaces scratches and made the spot shine more. I can't say if it's aluminum all through or just aluminum outer core and plastic inner core.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I found out that the sides are really aluminum on the razr and razr maxx. I took a little bit of aluminum polish to a small spot, got rid of surfaces scratches and made the spot shine more. I can't say if it's aluminum all through or just aluminum outer core and plastic inner core.

No kidding? Where'd you find out? I tried various Google searches with no luck.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've polished old aluminum car wheels before, and when aluminum gets tarnished, and you polish it with polish, it leaves a Grey residue on your rag. Beware on this phone, I thought at first experimenting on mine, I had rubbed the plastic finish off, but it didn't, it acted just like my car rims do, and the polished spot I done, got brighter and the surface scratches where hard to see.

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what it is made out of, but I do know it is tough. It fell out of my hands (unprotected) and landed on the bottom corner from about 4 feet and there was very little damage.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Dang!

---------- Post Merged at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Motorola makes pretty good phones in every aspect just about. I like Samsung screens alot lately but what they house em in and their radios suck also, they feel plasticity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome