create separate folders in my gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoa

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to create separate picture folders in my gallery?
I have many pictures I want to separate that are already there and have a ton more I want to add, all in different folders.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Good question, because it is not obvious. Click on a photo and in the options choose 'add to album' and there you can select an existing album or 'create new'.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way I know how is:

1. Connect your phone to your PC.
2. Create a folder called "PICTURES"
3. Go into DCIM and MOVE all your pictures to that folder
4. Go into the PICTURES directory and create separate folders for each catagory you want (i.e. Family, Friends, Vacation, Business etc).
5. Then move the pictures into each of the newly created catagories.

Keep in mind that whatever CAMERA app you are using (other than the stock one), MIGHT put the pictures into their own folder named after the APP.

This is more labor intensive I guess, but I always find it easier to set up the folders on the PC the first time, because more than likely you have a ton of pictures and to do it the above method will get the job done, but will take you forever.

zoa

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you click on My Library after My Gallery? The new album should be there. That's how it works on my Razr Maxx.

Yeah, nothing but individual pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

oops, just found them. Wasn't visable untill I clicked on a button at the top of the screen.

I have a bunch of pics in my gallery now that I can transfer, but how do I take a pic and have it go to a certain folder?

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Is there a good app for managing pictues? I hate the stock one and have the same problem as the op. Too cumbersome and counter intuitive to use

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nterryb

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
there was an update 3/27 or 3/28/1013 and my Gallery is a mess! I had everything arranged in albums and my gallery icon on my main screen. I could easily show pics to fam/friends. after this recent update my picture albums were 'reorganized' into albums according to media type: camera, messaging, downloaded, facebook, etc. when I click on a picture now it wants me to either delete it, share it, or anything other than "add it to an album" like it used too do.

anyone know how to make your own albums in the latest update - 3/27 or 3/28/2013?

Im not sure what "dessert version" this update is considered - ice cream, gingerbread, cupcakes *huge eye-roll*

I have a droid 4.

Thanks

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463