Razr Maxx Notification Light

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I've discovered an issue with my razr maxx where the LED notification light on the front of the phone doesn't light up for any type of events, sms, email, etc. The notification sounds plays as they should, but the light doesn't work anymore. I have done factory data reset several times, and even had Verizon send me a CLN replacement today and this new phone doesn't seem to have a working notification light either. I have tried LightFlow and the LEDTest app and neither of them seem to be able to make the light work either. Is this a new "Feature" in ICS that made this LED light quit working? I know it worked in gingerbread. Thoughts or suggestions?

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have received emails and texts with the screen off and the sound plays but I never see the light come on. I've even waited 3 minutes before turning the screen on to read the message and the light still does not work. LightFlow doesn't seem to fix it either:(

John

It only works with the screen off. If you have it on trying to test it you'll never see it

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It's very unlikely that both phones are suffering the same hardware failure, it's gotta be an app that is disabling the led. I'm not sure how you're gonna find it though.

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Would it be safe to say, after factory data reset, and only the pre-installed apps loaded, it should work? I was thinking it had to be something hindering it too. I have spent last 45 minutes on with VZ tech support. They contacted Motorola and neither party has seen or heard of this issue so phone # 3 will be here tomorrow and hopefully 3rd time will be the charm.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Try that and don't restore your apps, if it works you can restore your apps one by one(yes its a pain in the butt) and when it stops working you will know what apps caused it

qisdtech

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
We have a winner ! during the setup process after the FDR, I sign into my gmail account and there's a checkbox for "restore data such as wifi passwords, etc" and if I do NOT check that box, the notification light works. Very frustrating as I have almost 50 folks on HeytTell and by not restoring that data, HeyTell does not restore back that list of users
.{
Yes. Try that and don't restore your apps, if it works you can restore your apps one by one(yes its a pain in the butt) and when it stops working you will know what apps caused it

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Now you just have to narrow down the culprit app:beer: you can go into settings>privacy >and check automatic restore and it will restore your settings for each app as you install it

ether813

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Can you let us know if you figure out which app it is...i have the same issue, and I really really dont want to have to do a factory reset....though it is looking that way...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781