No patch to Verizon mess up?

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Soo it is almost the end of the month and we still do not have a affirmed update day for the ics patch. Anyone heard anything? Just find it amazing that they are so quick to push out ics and yet so slow to patch it...

Sent from DROID RAZR MAXX

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Soo it is almost the end of the month and we still do not have a affirmed update day for the ics patch. Anyone heard anything? Just find it amazing that they are so quick to push out ics and yet so slow to patch it...

So quick to push it out? Are you joking? Verizon practically waited until the last second to do the roll out. And ICS has been perfect for me. 20+ hours of phone on time with 10+ hours on 4G and the rest on Wi-Fi and I still have 40% battery left. This is with plenty of web surfing and texting and about an hour of talk time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So quick to push it out? Are you joking? Verizon practically waited until the last second to do the roll out. And ICS has been perfect for me. 20+ hours of phone on time with 10+ hours on 4G and the rest on Wi-Fi and I still have 40% battery left. This is with plenty of web surfing and texting and about an hour of talk time.

Well that's awesome for you man. Congrats. But unfortunately there are the majority in which experience a lot of problems. Also verizon pushed out a buggy update just to make their deadline instead of holding off and testing it a little longer. So yeah they were quick to push out a pos update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can't agree that the majority of users have a significant problem unless you have actual data. Problems are always amplified on forums because this is where people go to complain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well that's awesome for you man. Congrats. But unfortunately there are the majority in which experience a lot of problems. Also verizon pushed out a buggy update just to make their deadline instead of holding off and testing it a little longer. So yeah they were quick to push out a pos update.

I don't know. I personally know 10 people with either a RAZR or Maxx and none of them experience any of the issues that those here complain about. That's not to say it isn't happening but I am positive the majority of users don't have these issues.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
When I first got this phone I had no problem with ics. I though the majority of owners were crazy and doing something wrong when they were complaining. Now I am in the majority and for my experience with droids I know what I am doing. There is a reason they mentioned a patch. They wouldn't do it if the minority was only complaining. Especially with jellybean already knocking on the door.

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
When I first got this phone I had no problem with ics. I though the majority of owners were crazy and doing something wrong when they were complaining. Now I am in the majority and for my experience with droids I know what I am doing. There is a reason they mentioned a patch. They wouldn't do it if the minority was only complaining. Especially with jellybean already knocking on the door.

I'm sure that even if only 10% of the user base was complaining about a specific, repeatable issue, Motorola would come up with a patch right quick. That's far and away enough users to create plenty of bad press. They wouldn't tolerate that for very long.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
There's certainly those with issues but it's nowhere close to a majority. If it were, there would be a major meltdown instead of a few scattered forum posts. Even here (where people with problems are prevalent) those with ICS issues are in a significant minority. I strongly suspect one reason a patch is slow to appear is that the issues are relatively few & therefore, harder to isolate & identify.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
To all complaining about the quirks with the Razr MAXX, if you're tired of these quirks, you should've bought either a Nexus device which is the purest Android experience, or an iPhone.

As long as there are 50 different new devices running Android, each with different hardware inside, you're going to have performance differences. Why do you think certain Windows PCs run better than others?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Could well be. While I'm in no rush for JB, that would be just dandy with me.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Haha yeah well if they patch it then MAXX would be more dominate then. S3 are starting to push out jelly bean as we speak. :-(

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
To all complaining about the quirks with the Razr MAXX, if you're tired of these quirks, you should've bought either a Nexus device which is the purest Android experience, or an iPhone.

As long as there are 50 different new devices running Android, each with different hardware inside, you're going to have performance differences. Why do you think certain Windows PCs run better than others?

Well said.

sent from my DInc4g using AC forums

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There is no real incentive for Motorola to push out an update for a device that has met EOL. I believe they still will give us updates but they will re-direct their resources to new development rather than legacy equipment. Just the way it goes. That typically is the case for all manufacturers. Personally, I'm pretty happy with ICS. Most of my problems are with poorly written apps which get deleted if I can identify them.

Overall, I'm very happy with my Maxx and ICS.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
There is no real incentive for Motorola to push out an update for a device that has met EOL. I believe they still will give us updates but they will re-direct their resources to new development rather than legacy equipment. Just the way it goes. That typically is the case for all manufacturers. Personally, I'm pretty happy with ICS. Most of my problems are with poorly written apps which get deleted if I can identify them.

Overall, I'm very happy with my Maxx and ICS.

As far as I know it hasn't reached EOL yet.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
As long as local rom development community is still pushing stuff out I'm sure will get just as good of updates in our custom ROM's

Sent from the fingers of a madman
BradenFontaine@mail.com
I'm with you. I've dabbled into custom ROM's on my tablet and found the experience quite rewarding. There's a lot of good devs out there making good ROM's. I'm going to wait until my Maxx is out of warranty before I start looking at custom software.