Singing praise for Power Toggles again

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just gotta say again how awesome Power Toggles is. A much more versatile toggle bar than the stock widget, and now with accurate battery readings for Moto phones (the "1% battery hack"). The dev is super responsive--when the battery hack came out, it wasn't working. I mentioned it as a problem in my Google Play review. ONE DAY LATER, it was fixed.

Since I can also use Power Toggles in the notification bar as well with the battery indicator as an icon, I can now lighten my phone a little more by uninstalling Battery Circle. If you haven't tried it yet, definitely give it a go. It's free!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just found out that you can but the widget in the notification Window and love it. +1 on how great it is.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

jdtruong

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
How do you add it to the notification window? Have any of you had issues with it making your vibrate stop working? I was unable to get my ringer to switch to vibrate last night until I uninstalled and reinstall it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How do you add it to the notification window? Have any of you had issues with it making your vibrate stop working? I was unable to get my ringer to switch to vibrate last night until I uninstalled and reinstall it.

To add to the notification bar:

1. First, place a Power Toggles bar on a homescreen as you normally would. I'm not entirely sure, but I think you have to have at least one Power Toggle bar on a homescreen for it to work in the notification bar.
2. Next, go to the Power Toggles in your App Drawer (not in the Widgets Drawer). This will bring up its settings menu.
3. Look at the upper right square with the check, pin, and settings icon. This is the notification control area.
4. Tap the settings icon. There, you can edit what the Power Toggles bar will look like in the notifications when you swipe down. You can also change the icon that appears in the notification bar (default is battery indicator).
5. When done, tap the check, and Power Toggles will be active in your notifications.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
To add to the notification bar:

1. First, place a Power Toggles bar on a homescreen as you normally would. I'm not entirely sure, but I think you have to have at least one Power Toggle bar on a homescreen for it to work in the notification bar.
2. Next, go to the Power Toggles in your App Drawer (not in the Widgets Drawer). This will bring up its settings menu.
3. Look at the upper right square with the check, pin, and settings icon. This is the notification control area.
4. Tap the settings icon. There, you can edit what the Power Toggles bar will look like in the notifications when you swipe down. You can also change the icon that appears in the notification bar (default is battery indicator).
5. When done, tap the check, and Power Toggles will be active in your notifications.

Just letting you know that I do not have the power bar or widget on any of my home screens and it still present in my notifications. Not sure how, but it's very cool.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
There is an option in the program main screen to turn notification on or off (it's a check in the upper right of the screen).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10