Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 233
Like Tree83Likes
  1. #51  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    It's over a gig, so yea it normally takes a while.

    For your error I would uninstall the drivers, restart your pc. And then re install them and see if it works

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by saichick04 View Post
    It took an hour. Now I downloaded the drivers first. I connect my phone and run the utility press 2 but it gives me an adb error over and over and then goes back to the batman screen USB debugging checked.. connected as a media device... what am I missing?
    Did you unzip the file that you downloaded? the utility comes in a zip file. make a separate folder maybe on your desktop and unzip all of the items into that folder and then run the utility from there.

    Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
  3. #53  
    saichick04's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    I did unzip. Placed the utility on my desktop. I even rebooted my pc right after I downloaded the drivers. Now I'm watching football lol so I'm gonna try again on Sunday!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  4. #54  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Did you download the right drivers for your pc? 64/32 bit

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
  5. #55  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by saichick04 View Post
    I did unzip. Placed the utility on my desktop. I even rebooted my pc right after I downloaded the drivers. Now I'm watching football lol so I'm gonna try again on Sunday!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Did you follow the directions in the OP? lol
    Thanked by:
  6. #56  
    saichick04's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    I did! 62 bit drivers. I checked my operating system first to be sure. I mean I've rooted phones before so I have no clue why this didn't work for me. I'll give it another go soon. Thanks so much for your help! All of you!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    So, here's a question. I'm actually wanting to unrom my phone and go back to stock to get my contacts. Gmail is being a pain and not letting me do it through Verizon, so I'm thinking of finding a different way. Anyways, how would I go about doing this? Maybe even try out some different ROMs that I find interesting.
  8. #58  
    carracerz14's Avatar

    Posts
    1,391 Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Are your contacts backed up with Google? If not then you need a rom that is based off motoblur otherwise you won't be able to use backup assistant.

    Did you create a back up before you flashed? If so just restore that.

    If not then you need to use the utility to go back to stock. Directions are in the op.

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Thanked by:
  9. #59  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quick question from my noobie self.....I just rooted and flashed the Arctic HD ROM yesterday and ever since I have not been able to sign in to my Google profile in Google maps. I actually use this quite a bit for work and have a lot of locations starred for quick reference on my laptop.

    So, is this is a known issue?......or can I do anything about it?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  10. #60  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by dubfish34 View Post
    Quick question from my noobie self.....I just rooted and flashed the Arctic HD ROM yesterday and ever since I have not been able to sign in to my Google profile in Google maps. I actually use this quite a bit for work and have a lot of locations starred for quick reference on my laptop.

    So, is this is a known issue?......or can I do anything about it?

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Just looking around a bit.....will clearing the cache help? If so, can I do that with safestrap or do I need to disable it? It says "wipe cache partition" and that just seems more.....permanent. Thanks for any help.

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
  11. #61  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by dubfish34 View Post
    Just looking around a bit.....will clearing the cache help? If so, can I do that with safestrap or do I need to disable it? It says "wipe cache partition" and that just seems more.....permanent. Thanks for any help.

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    Ok, figured that out and it didn't work. Gah, frustrated.

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by dubfish34 View Post
    Ok, figured that out and it didn't work. Gah, frustrated.

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    ;-)

    Let's start over. What rom are you using?

    ---------- Post Merged at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by saichick04 View Post
    I did! 62 bit drivers. I checked my operating system first to be sure. I mean I've rooted phones before so I have no clue why this didn't work for me. I'll give it another go soon. Thanks so much for your help! All of you!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    What's the verdict?
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
  13. #63  
    saichick04's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    ;-)

    Let's start over. What rom are you using?

    ---------- Post Merged at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:01 AM ----------



    What's the verdict?
    I'm awake! So I'm trying it again. Just uninstalled the drivers and rebooted my computer. I am going to install the drivers listed in the OP. I don't need to install the ones in the utility correct? I'll try that and report back.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Use the link in the OP.

    Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
  15. #65  
    saichick04's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Installed the drivers in the OP. Rebooted.. connected my phone, all the drivers installed... Opened the utility pressed option 2. Made sure everything was good, pressed enter and bam same adb is not recognized as an internal or external command. I have no clue what I could be doing wrong. I mean it all sounds too simple.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Arctic HD. Super sexy and fluid. Everything is working fine except Google Maps not signing in. I cleared the cache and have performed several reboots since install. I must be missing something.....

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
  17. #67  
    saichick04's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    ROM
    Arctic HD son! What what!

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Got it! I"m an *****. You know how you said place the utility on your desktop for easier access later? Well... I moved the damn then instead of making a shortcut therefore the adb was in the huge file! Not chilling on the desktop w the utility.. I broke the path between the utility and the abd other stuff needed. Now I'm rooted! Glad I didn't give up ha. And thanks everyone for your help and patience. Now to install safestrap and ARCTIC HD!
    Thanked by 2:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by dubfish34 View Post
    Arctic HD. Super sexy and fluid. Everything is working fine except Google Maps not signing in. I cleared the cache and have performed several reboots since install. I must be missing something.....

    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    What error are you getting?

    Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by saichick04 View Post
    Got it! I"m an *****. You know how you said place the utility on your desktop for easier access later? Well... I moved the damn then instead of making a shortcut therefore the adb was in the huge file! Not chilling on the desktop w the utility.. I broke the path between the utility and the abd other stuff needed. Now I'm rooted! Glad I didn't give up ha. And thanks everyone for your help and patience. Now to install safestrap and ARCTIC HD!
    I'm glad you didn't give up it is hard to try to diagnose issues on this end at times guys so patience is a must! I'll do anything I can to help whoever i can.

    Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
  20. #70  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    What error are you getting?

    Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    I just went to get a screen grab for you and oddly, it finally decided to log in. Braden, your power works in mysterious ways. Thanks :beer:

    Anyway, I think the error message was just a generic "unable to sign in" overlaid right onto the maps app.



    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs-uploadfromtaptalk1349022893413.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Just for sh!ts and giggles go into your settings in Maps and to through them one by one to see if anything looks wrong. Honestly it could have just been a temporary glitch with the Google servers buddy. Please keep me updated on your experience.



    Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
  22. #72  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Are your contacts backed up with Google? If not then you need a rom that is based off motoblur otherwise you won't be able to use backup assistant.

    Did you create a back up before you flashed? If so just restore that.

    If not then you need to use the utility to go back to stock. Directions are in the op.

    Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    I honestly thought I did well before I rooted, but apparently not. I also did not create a back up

    Anyways, I think I'm stuck. Every time I go into AP Fastboot, it stays on one screen, which, I'm guessing, is the main screen for AP Fastboot. Says battery OK and all that. It also says device is locked. If you need a pic of what I'm talking about I can get one.
  23. #73  

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Nothing out of the ordinary for having to essentially turn it on again for the first time. Traffic was selected as one of the layers which I found a little odd, but that's it. Otherwise, just been busy enjoying this sexy *** ROM and exploring what I can now do with root access.


    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by durango992007 View Post
    I honestly thought I did well before I rooted, but apparently not. I also did not create a back up

    Anyways, I think I'm stuck. Every time I go into AP Fastboot, it stays on one screen, which, I'm guessing, is the main screen for AP Fastboot. Says battery OK and all that. It also says device is locked. If you need a pic of what I'm talking about I can get one.
    From there just use option 1 in matts utility to go back to stock.

    Using my Kindle Fire breathing CM9
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:
    durango992007 likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  
    bradenfontaine's Avatar
    The Mad Man

    Posts
    1,485 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

    Default Re: How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

    Quote Originally Posted by dubfish34 View Post
    Nothing out of the ordinary for having to essentially turn it on again for the first time. Traffic was selected as one of the layers which I found a little odd, but that's it. Otherwise, just been busy enjoying this sexy *** ROM and exploring what I can now do with root access.


    Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums
    Sounds like just a temporary glitch. Let us know if it happens again.

    Using my Kindle Fire breathing CM9
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

    If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

    If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to Root and install custom rom EASY
    By buzzz902 in forum Motorola Backflip Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2013, 11:08 PM
  2. How to root the Ally, and flash a Rom. [***** proof]
    By igotsanevo4g in forum LG Ally
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM
  3. [How-To] Root the Droid X2 (shipped ROM)
    By Jerry Hildenbrand in forum Motorola Droid X2 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 01:04 PM
  4. How To Disable Ad Blocking In Custom Roms
    By seraphim5 in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2011, 09:06 PM
  5. How to fix Swype issues and Froyo ROMs.
    By Qazme in forum Incredible Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions