How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey there. So, I have my RAZR MAXX. It's on Alltel, however. I'm assuming I can't use option 1 if I ever want to restore, unless I can find the fastboot restore files for my device. Any idea how I can acquire these, either from pulling from my phone myself or a download link? Thanks!

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
That, I don't know the answer to. I hate to turn people away but I bet someone over at XDA would know the answer to that.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously very sorry if I've missed something, but I've been staring at my RAZR / PC for hours and my eyes are so heavy, lol

I've got a ROM running for me on Alltel, everything works, but I want to restore my backup that I made before I flashed my custom ROM. In your second post, you detail making a backup (as well as in the first post) but not the process for restoring a backup that was made in Safestrap on my external SD card. I'm still sort of confused on this whole "safe system on / off" thing, from what I've read, turning Safe system off will just throw me back into stock? Or, I turn it off and restore my backup? Hard to find a clear answer on this. I'd really appreciate any help you could give.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Turning safe OFF will revert you back to your stock rom. you only retore when you have safe turned ON, as this means you are not working with your stock rom when the system is ON i dont know if everything works on Alltel like it does for Verizon as this stuff was made for Verizon. if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Will it return me to a "factory reset" of my stock ROM or will it be right as I left it with my apps, data, etc...?

Things seem to be the same. I imagine if partition sizes were different, etc...it would have broke by now, lol.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Will it return me to a "factory reset" of my stock ROM or will it be right as I left it with my apps, data, etc...?

Things seem to be the same. I imagine if partition sizes were different, etc...it would have broke by now, lol.

It will go just back to the same way it was when you switched over to the other 1

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

RLucky82

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Not quite sure what I did, but it worked :)

Also some things have been updated, the RZR utility now includes the latest safestrap so need to download that. bootstrap is no longer an option so no need to worry about that. and options 6 and 7 are no longer available..

I had a Razr M for a few weeks but couldn't stand the battery life and the fact that its not replace able, I didn't like the UI at first but going to the Maxx I realized it was better. The clock and weather app on the Razr M is gorgeous and now with Arctic HD I have the best of both worlds! Thanks for the awesome work!

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I will update the OP when i get out of the dentist office

u6udezat.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Also some things have been updated, the RZR utility now includes the latest safestrap so need to download that. bootstrap is no longer an option so no need to worry about that. and options 6 and 7 are no longer available..

Thanks for the awesome work!

OP updated, thanks for the heads up ;)

Ih3artAndroid

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm a bit new to the scene and I just have a few questions. I just rooted my phone and was wondering how do I uninstall bloatware and is it possible to upgrade my phone to 4.1 or 4.2?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm a bit new to the scene and I just have a few questions. I just rooted my phone and was wondering how do I uninstall bloatware and is it possible to upgrade my phone to 4.1 or 4.2?

install safestrap via the utility. download a stock rom from the link, im on THIS. reboot and turn on safe system in safestrap. install the rom you downloaded from the link and it will look just like your stock system. then you will have free roam to do whatever you want without fear of messing up your stock system. once that is done, you can use titanium backup pro to "freeze" apps. OR, you can download any custom rom from the OP and most have zero bloatware. just read read read!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Man. Been so busy I've hardly been able to get on the forums. Work is killing me. How's everyone?

Any problems, or requests?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

RLucky82

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Now that I have been rooted for a few days now and running arctic HD I noticed that you can't disable all or certain apps even though on the razrm it was possible and it was not rooted (an unexpected and welcome surprise) I would figure that Arctic would be the same but that's not the case.?

I liked the features of barnicle wifi but it doesn't work on the Maxx, I did not like foxfi at all ,and have been using WiFi Teather with great results

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03