Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 4 Post By bradenfontaine
  • 2 Post By droidntn
  • 1 Post By LegalAmerican
  • 1 Post By rbess1965
  • 1 Post By rbess1965
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Farewell

I sold my amazing Maxx today, and I wanted to tell all my Maxx buddies farewell. It was a difficult choice but I am getting an S3 to go with my Note 10.1. I'll certainly still be seen lurking in these parts and I wish you all the best.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by 2:
    bradenfontaine and apquijano like this.

Default Re: Farewell

Good luck with your new phone. I have a gs3 as well but use my maxx as my daily driver.
    Thanked by:
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

im going to miss you

Farewell-mpxzf.jpg
    Just some hobo with a phone

I hate Dear John letters......
    Enjoy that SIII, if it'd had Maxx's battery, I'd have gotten one as well dood.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless
    cdf3 and bradenfontaine like this.

I chose the Maxx over the S3.

Good luck with your S3, I'm holding out for the HD.

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Good luck with the S3.. My fiance seems to like hers, but not love it- however she is not as techie as I am, so anything that ever goes wrong with it, instead of trying to figure it out, she just complains . She also complains that the battery life is bad.. However, she has all kinds of background tasks running, and likes to use Spotify and Yahoo Messenger all the time on it (hmm, go figure!). Her screen is far superior to mine, but I prefer the cleaner GUI of the Maxx ICS.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I got the Maxx cause I had to have the battery. Then I switched jobs and now have access to a charger at my desk all day long. So now it's more about functionality and integration with my Note 10.1. I hated to see the Maxx go.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post
    I got the Maxx cause I had to have the battery. Then I switched jobs and now have access to a charger at my desk all day long. So now it's more about functionality and integration with my Note 10.1. I hated to see the Maxx go.
    Expand, if you may, on this 'integration' with the Note and SIII. How does having a Samsung phone benefit your having a Samsung Note 10.1?

Sent from Marx Maxx
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

The BIGGEST reason I wanted a Samsung Device with the Note 10.1, is because I am still learning touchwiz. The Note is only a wi-fi device, so I do not navigate through it like I would with a phone that can access internet anywhere. So for me, I want to learn touchwiz so that I am faster at pulling things up on my Note. They have the same feel and a lot of the same samsung services like Music Hub, Media Hub, and S Suggest. So I guess it's not so much "integration" as it is familiarity that I am seeking. Kind of my plan, is to buy the S3 at Best Buy and then possibly trade it for a Note 2 when that is released, and the Note 2 has the same S Note, S Planner, etc.... as the 10.1. Also, ever since I got the 10.1 I just love the feel of touchwiz and samsung devices. I loved the Maxx but it will be nice to have a tablet running the same skin as my phone. I even considered getting the Xoom so that it would resemble the interface of the Maxx, but I really liked the idea of the S Pen on the Note.
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

The BIGGEST reason I wanted a Samsung Device with the Note 10.1, is because I am still learning touchwiz. The Note is only a wi-fi device, so I do not navigate through it like I would with a phone that can access internet anywhere. So for me, I want to learn touchwiz so that I am faster at pulling things up on my Note. They have the same feel and a lot of the same samsung services like Music Hub, Media Hub, and S Suggest. So I guess it's not so much "integration" as it is familiarity that I am seeking. Kind of my plan, is to buy the S3 at Best Buy and then possibly trade it for a Note 2 when that is released, and the Note 2 has the same S Note, S Planner, etc.... as the 10.1. Also, ever since I got the 10.1 I just love the feel of touchwiz and samsung devices. I loved the Maxx but it will be nice to have a tablet running the same skin as my phone. I even considered getting the Xoom so that it would resemble the interface of the Maxx, but I really liked the idea of the S Pen on the Note.
    How much did you get for the Maxx

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
    LdotAdot13 likes this.

Sorry for saying this, but that's a really odd excuse to buy an S3
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by domestic violence View Post
    Sorry for saying this, but that's a really odd excuse to buy an S3
    Wait, WHAT!?!? You mean you didn't receive a spiritual confirmation that you too need to follow in my footsteps!?!?!? Total mind blower!! I guess it's a darn good thing that you aren't the one doing it! . I have never owned Samsung products before my Note 10.1, and now that i've had it I am dying to see how their phones function. I think having that familiarity between the two will be really cool and I can have them both set up almost identically, but serving slightly different purposes. If I decide to switch the S3 for the Note 2, I will be able to have my notes automatically transfer from one device to the other. I also will have access to my S Planner on either device, at any time. And if I don't go with the Note and I keep the S3, I still have a great phone that operates identically to the tab. So again, it's not an "excuse" it's my reason and no one else has to agree with it or receive a life changing spiritual impression as to whether it's something you also need to do.

And I let the Maxx go for $350.00 to answer rbess' question.
    Thanked by:

I say rock on dood if your happy with it!
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    I say rock on dood if your happy with it!
    Thanks. I still think the S3 and the Maxx are the two best phones available. I just have phone A.D.D and I am ready to try something new. I've had the Bionic and Maxx for a year, and they both are so similar that I really want a wider taste of what Android has to offer. My Note 10.1 is giving me that taste, but I use it so much for school and business that I never seem to have much time to simply play. And if I do, I am not in wi-fi range..

Global Posts
    1,038 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Maxx to an S3? Yikes, good luck with signal.
    Thanked by:

Having had both, the gs3 signal is very close to the razr maxx. In fact there are some areas where the razr maxx would lag more than my gs3.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    I'm getting better signal so far with my S3. I loved my Maxx, but the S3 is freaking amazing so far. Incredible screen and very sleek.

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Wait, WHAT!?!? You mean you didn't receive a spiritual confirmation that you too need to follow in my footsteps!?!?!? Total mind blower!! I guess it's a darn good thing that you aren't the one doing it! . I have never owned Samsung products before my Note 10.1, and now that i've had it I am dying to see how their phones function. I think having that familiarity between the two will be really cool and I can have them both set up almost identically, but serving slightly different purposes. If I decide to switch the S3 for the Note 2, I will be able to have my notes automatically transfer from one device to the other. I also will have access to my S Planner on either device, at any time. And if I don't go with the Note and I keep the S3, I still have a great phone that operates identically to the tab. So again, it's not an "excuse" it's my reason and no one else has to agree with it or receive a life changing spiritual impression as to whether it's something you also need to do.

And I let the Maxx go for $350.00 to answer rbess' question.
    Thanks you. Was just wondering what I might could get if I were to figure out a way to get a Maxx HD without losing my unlimited data

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

I probably could have gotten more, but I had a deal on the table for the S3 at 350.00 so when someone offered me that, I jumped. In my area (Northern Utah) i might have been able to get about 400. But with the HD coming out, it'll drive that down.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

i sold my Maxx and Lapdock100 for $350
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by domestic violence View Post
    i sold my Maxx and Lapdock100 for $350
    What are you getting to replace it?

Enjoy the S3. I hear it's a great device. I just left my Razr Maxx for the Note 2.
    I miss my Maxx somewhat, though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

This is sad I wasn't around much this semester due to school but I remember your funny posts here and there when ICS came along with the constant bashing of it. Be sure to stick around though, for sure there are gonna be ICS haters converted to JB haters.
    Thanked by: