How to clear your Cache (stock)

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
How much better is this method in comparison to 3rd party apps like App Cache Cleaner?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't trust third party apps to do a good enough job basically. Unless you're rooted and have an AOKP variant with scripts to run a wipe on boot. That is my favorite way to go personally :D

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
A little late, but I'm hoping this section will pick up with all the Black Friday adoptions of this phone. Stickied. :)

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So this method no longer works in JB. I have attempted it a number of times. You can get into the first menu to select 'Recovery' but once you select that, the Motorolla symbol pops up and then a quick black screen. No matter when you press volume up and down (or even if you don't press anything), the 'Dead' Android with the exclamation point coming out of his open stomach pops up. Then, you have to press and hold the power button to get the system to reboot. Any ideas how to get to the screen to clear the cache?

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Any update? My Maxx is still acting wonky. Need to clear the cache to, hopefully, make it right again.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
nope i just tried it and you're right, i got the same results. until someone comes out with another way id suggest using SD Maid Pro for system cleanups until further notice.

TheBrownHornet206

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
What you gotta do is be persistent and keep pressing the volume up and down button until the menu comes up, it works still but it just takes a long time for the menu to come up.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How long? I held for one full minute during one attempt and got nothing. Not worth the hassle if I have to sit and hold it for 5+ minutes.

TheBrownHornet206

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Nah man all you have to do is keep trying and it works. 99.9% worked for me! I'm sure it's a bug and it's a hassle but keep trying.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, after trying it 10 more times with the same result, i'm ready to call BS on you. So, a few qualifying questions:

- Once you select Recovery, what screen comes up?
-When do you start pressing volume up/down?
- Do you press and hold, or do you rock the rocker?
- Do you see the dead android on the screen, and if so, do you continue holding the volume button?
- How long, specifically, do you press the rocker before the next menu comes up?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I can verify that I got to the cache wipe screen after the Exclamation Point Android.. I held up and down volume keys for about 15 seconds and released.. the menu with reboot and cache partition erase came up, and I was able to do so.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
WC967KN.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC