Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SenorPepe
  • 1 Post By Praggles
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr Maxx HD & Nexus 7 or just get Note 2?

At the moment I am planning on getting the Razr Maxx HD (full price or craigs list) and a Nexus 7. I love the battery on the Maxx and I need a smaller more portable tablet. I was looking at the Galaxy Note 2 and I wondered if it would be better to just get that instead? I am big on battery and I see the Note 2 has a 3100 battery but it also has a bigger screen to deal with. With a phone with that big of a screen, I wouldnt need the nexus 7. Neither phone has been released yet so I can only go off of what is being reported.

What would you do?

THanks

---------- Post Merged at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Im looking for replies about size and productivity not build quality of the devices. (plastic vs...not plastic)
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Default Re: Razr Maxx HD & Nexus 7 or just get Note 2?

I'm curious about the Note myself. I can't give you any input but have comfort in knowing you're not the only one.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    Just some hobo with a phone

I have played with a Note. That thing is big dood. Feels like a small tablet up by your head. I can say you can't just stick it in any pocket. Worked well though. That's the thing about Maxx. Great size. Fit's most anywhere. Not too small and not too big, it's just right.
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

Go for the maxx and n7 dude. The Max HD looks to be a workhorse and you'll fall in love with the nexus 7. Perfect size, speedy, runs games amazingly smooth. It'll do just about anything you ask it to do whilst being able to fit in certain jack pockets. Go for it, you won't regret it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.

I would say save some money and go for the Galaxy Note 2. It would make it easier to carry just one device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Would you drive a VW cabriolet? An EOS? A new beetle? Around these parts if you do you are a girl...not that its necessarily fair (I myself like the eos) they are nonetheless regarded as "chick cars". A month or so ago I heard the note called a chick phone be some friends....not fair perhaps but there it is....the more I look the more I see young ladies in stores carrying it....have yet to spot a dude with one...

Perhaps its because like giant purses and giant sunglasses a giant phone makes the users look small and child-like. Girls like this...its the last thing a guy wants....

And yes...I like the Note too...and cats...and the eos...I don't tell my friends...

bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Praggles View Post
    Would you drive a VW cabriolet? An EOS? A new beetle? Around these parts if you do you are a girl...not that its necessarily fair (I myself like the eos) they are nonetheless regarded as "chick cars". A month or so ago I heard the note called a chick phone be some friends....not fair perhaps but there it is....the more I look the more I see young ladies in stores carrying it....have yet to spot a dude with one...

Perhaps its because like giant purses and giant sunglasses a giant phone makes the users look small and child-like. Girls like this...its the last thing a guy wants....

And yes...I like the Note too...and cats...and the eos...I don't tell my friends...

I don't understand your reasoning. How is the Note considered a girl phone? If anything, I would think it would be considered a manly phone because it is so huge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    If I were never here, you would never know.

I don't make the guy rules...I think girls do

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by Praggles View Post

I don't make the guy rules...I think girls do

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    ... No offense at all, what so ever, but I thought you were a girl...

On that Note, (see what i did there I'm gearing for the Nexus and the Maxx HD... But Christmas time is coming, and id feel like I **** dropping that money on myself. Get your girl the Note, and think of it as an experiment...

Sent from the fingers of a madman
    Just some hobo with a phone