Hey MOTO! Where's our dang patch or Jellybean

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
yeah whatever I've been doing just that since i got my S3 . i would never have believed a samsung device could ever take the place of motorola for my use but this has been by far and away the best phone ive ever had .

Motorola has not made a solid phone since the original Droid. Samsung makes awesome hardware I've yet to see a moto device that's half the device the gs3 is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is good for cheap feeling plastic phones. My nexus was easily the worst phone I have ever touched. Everything from the feel to the radios to the updates were just garbage. The only good thing was the unlockable bootloader.

I took a game buying mon motorola and was grateful I was given the opportunity to swap for a maxx.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Motorola has not made a solid phone since the original Droid. Samsung makes awesome hardware I've yet to see a moto device that's half the device the gs3 is.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

And no sh** the GS3 is the newest phone on the market of course it is going to have all the latest stuff. The maxx/razr hd will smoke it. But the point is phone still runs just as fast and smooth as the s3 does.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung is good for cheap feeling plastic phones. My nexus was easily the worst phone I have ever touched. Everything from the feel to the radios to the updates were just garbage. The only good thing was the unlockable bootloader.

I took a game buying mon motorola and was grateful I was given the opportunity to swap for a maxx.

I totally agree with you about the nexus . and have my doubts that the new motos will smoke the s3 beings there using the same processor. but i'll probably never no cause i'll be on to the note 2 at that point LOL .

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be kidding. Hold the Maxx next to the S3 and the S3 feels like a cheap plastic toy with its shiny, plastic back and rattly home button. Its like a larger version of the Vibrant. Great insides with a cheaply built outside.

Sent from the Maxx

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
You've got to be kidding. Hold the Maxx next to the S3 and the S3 feels like a cheap plastic toy with its shiny, plastic back and rattly home button. Its like a larger version of the Vibrant. Great insides with a cheaply built outside.

Sent from the Maxx
Very true. I couldn't believe it felt so cheap and flimsy but performed so well. I had to wonder, even if covered by a good case, could it withstand a drop or two. It did feel like a toy phone.
But it was amazing in performance. I'll give it that.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That's how Samsung is. Cheap and Crappy on the outside but good stuff in the inside. Not sure which I would rather have..

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Very true. I couldn't believe it felt so cheap and flimsy but performed so well. I had to wonder, even if covered by a good case, could it withstand a drop or two. It did feel like a toy phone.
But it was amazing in performance. I'll give it that.

When did light start equalling cheap?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Just because it's light isn't the reason it feels cheap.

The build quality, materials, and just over all feel of the phone is what makes it feel cheap. It feels like if you drop it a foot the plastic will shatter

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The Slll seems to be a great phone inside, but it's like they took great hardware and stuffed it into a cardboard box and said "here you go public".

The maxx and razr for that fact, I don't know for sure but I think this things case is actually metal and not plastic. With the Kevlar back and water resistance, this is one heck of a phone. I wish it had the specs the Slll had but i think the hd is going to cover this.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just because it's light isn't the reason it feels cheap.

The build quality, materials, and just over all feel of the phone is what makes it feel cheap. It feels like if you drop it a foot the plastic will shatter

I guess they need to put some little weights in it.

For me, I have no plans to use my Maxx to block bullets. I have dropped my phones. The metal tends to dent and scratch where the alleged poor build quality of the Samsung devices do neither because of the materials they are made out. (That is from actual ownership and use of both devices.)

I have dropped both when getting out of a big semi truck onto concrete pavement.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Once again, I'm not sure what little weights would have to do with anything you keep going back the the weight thing. Weight isn't what makes it cheap feeling....

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Once again, I'm not sure what little weights would have to do with anything you keep going back the the weight thing. Weight isn't what makes it cheap feeling....

When someone states that a Samsung phone is light or to light and feels cheap, they are making the weight of the product and issue.

The plastic doesn't shatter when it is dropped a foot.

The whole Samsung has poor build quality is a fallacy.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
When did anyone say it was too light? I think you need to go back and re read the posts.

And it is not false. I have owned both and time and time again motorola has came out with a higher quality built product.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
well ive owned both as well and although the moto stuff does feel heavier in hand im not so sure that eqautes to higher quality . there were things i didnt care for on my maxx . and even if the moto stuff has a tad higher build quality the amount of software issues ive had with my last 3 moto devices is enough to make me think twice about ordering another one . and my friend with a razr is always having little bugs pop up and just issues for no reason . not so bad with GB but ICS has caused him a lot of headaches.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
another thing I think we need to define is quality ? I think quality means differrent things to different people . do you rate quality by the overall durability ? as in my phone can withstand such and such abuse . or do you define it by the quality of the user experience ? as in it does everything i want it to with the least amount of headaches ? sure theres probably never gonna be a phone that meets all the needs of everyone .

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Back on topic, my damn maxx had just gotten awful, lots of random crap weird things going on with it, cursor in the wrong position as I typed in this box I'm typing in now, flipping to landscape and back to portrait while holding it in portrait, screen flicking to gray and back while browsin. Back when I first put the official ics update on, I wiped the cache, and it helped.

Just a second ago, I was ready to see how strong this phone really was as if threw it towards my hotel wall and seen if it went threw into the next room, this f'ing sucks guys. Will I cooled myself off and made the decision to wipe the cache again. Will I'm happy to say, the cursor problem went away, to soon to tell about the other problems I was having.

Is this something I'm going to have to do, wipe the damn cache every two to three months, I never had to do that on my Droid X.

Damn it Verizon, Moto... I don't care, GOD! I want a damn patch or Jellybean, do something, a damn pat on the shoulder telling me everything is going to be okay, something instead of complete silence.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you're rooted wipe Dalvik(sp?) cache also. That will help.

If not I would recommend a full factory reset. Yes it sucks, but I haven't had to wipe cache or anything. Perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac