Hey MOTO! Where's our dang patch or Jellybean

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
one thing that helped me one time when i was having similer issues as you was to do a factory reset and get a whole new sd card . i believe i had some kinda virus or malware or something . but after i did away with my sd card my problems went away .

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It's been said before and I will say it now, I love Android, it suits my tech geek nerd needs, and the android community criticizes ios and Apple but android phone makers need to slow the f_-_ down and stop spitting out new phones ever two to three f'ing months.

Focus on your hottest phone at the current time,and make it perfect, dont over load your asses to the point your overwhelmed and leave some phones never fixed and just forget them, "oh we'll give you 100 dollars towards a new phone, and your left again with the same damn problem, bugs and glitches.

Though I don't care much for Steve Jobs crying he done all the time, Apple is feel like does focus on their product, and makes it work correctly. Yes the Iphone 5 has a camera issue right now but I believe they'll make it right.

I was beating up on Apple last month stating how they are so far behind the technology race but i want to believe now it's because they did their best to focus their attention on their last two products.

Though this is just my opinion and not fact, I cannot say if the Iphone 4s or iphone 5 is completely bug and glitch free, im confident in saying, I don't think it's as worst as android ics.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think android will take the same path as atari done in the early eighties, atari disappeared because they let anybody and everybody make the same game, you might have three different companies make donkey Kong, or space invaders, and i feel like android could take a similar path. Nintendo came about, and they put strict guidelines on their stuff and guess what, they're still around nearly thirty years later.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been said before and I will say it now, I love Android, it suits my tech geek nerd needs, and the android community criticizes ios and Apple but android phone makers need to slow the f_-_ down and stop spitting out new phones ever two to three f'ing months.

Focus on your hottest phone at the current time,and make it perfect, dont over load your asses to the point your overwhelmed and leave some phones never fixed and just forget them, "oh we'll give you 100 dollars towards a new phone, and your left again with the same damn problem, bugs and glitches.

Though I don't care much for Steve Jobs crying he done all the time, Apple is feel like does focus on their product, and makes it work correctly. Yes the Iphone 5 has a camera issue right now but I believe they'll make it right.

I was beating up on Apple last month stating how they are so far behind the technology race but i want to believe now it's because they did their best to focus their attention on their last two products.

Though this is just my opinion and not fact, I cannot say if the Iphone 4s or iphone 5 is completely bug and glitch free, im confident in saying, I don't think it's as worst as android ics.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think android will take the same path as atari done in the early eighties, atari disappeared because they let anybody and everybody make the same game, you might have three different companies make donkey Kong, or space invaders, and i feel like android could take a similar path. Nintendo came about, and they put strict guidelines on their stuff and guess what, they're still around nearly thirty years later.

Root BW JB AOKP FTW!!

darkw1sh

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been having some serious issues with my Droid Razr Maxx... To start this is the longest I have had a phone in the past i dont know how long. Since day 1 I liked the phone. The quality of the phone the size and thee feel. The phone all around looked good and performed okay. After the ICS update I feel that my service is pull . I have wiped the cache rooted different roms and even unrooted my phone to go back to full stock but the service cuts in and out at random ass times.

Also I recently moved to SC and decided I would like to use my phone as a music player. Bought myself some nice headphone uploaded music and it seems that the jack at the top of the phone is not working properly. 1) If i am listening to music and working out the music will cut out and pause as if I were to remove the headphones. Additionally after attempting to listen to music with my cell I cannot watch videos on my phone without using the headphones, and the only way to fix this is to reboot the phone. Once again I thought maybe its the ROM I was running so I unrooted the phone... same thing. Rerooted the phone got rid of the bull .... still happening.

To go into further detail about the service my phone has been laying next to me the entire time i was writing this. (3 mins) It goes from the service being blue to grey 4 times, that i noticed. When the service bars go grey this means i cannot access the internet. Also watching videos on websites causes my browser to freeze and I need to go into setting apps and Force Close the browser. Browser freezes because of the service issue. I think I have finally had enough!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Make sure there no lint in your headphone jack.

Also rooting will not ever fix a problem like that lmao. And there's no need to unroot to go back to the stock rom.

As for the data thing try getting a new sim card. Mine used to do that(not often) bit AFTER the ics update I have not have even one data drop.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
And no sh** the GS3 is the newest phone on the market of course it is going to have all the latest stuff. The maxx/razr hd will smoke it. But the point is phone still runs just as fast and smooth as the s3 does.

Someone sounds like a RAZR / Motorola fanboy, hence rendering your opinions irrelevant.

Don't get me wrong, Moto's build quality is second to none, and their radio's are top notch.

But Moto has their faults, and even a fan of the company should be able to acknowledge said company's faults.

The RAZR HD "will smoke" the GS3? The GS3 has twice the RAM. Highly unlikely there, guy.

Again, if I could have any phone on the market (including those soon to be released), it would be the RAZR HD Maxx, but 1) for it's build quality, 2) for it's 3300 mah battery, 3) for Motorola's radio's... the S4 processor and 1GB of RAM are great, but they are not the headlining features of a Motorola device, nor is Motorola building devices to crush all benchmarks.

Just saying. :)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You aren't going to notice the difference in ram. 2 gbs is a little overkill at this point in android.

My phone now has never used more than 600 mbs of ram.. And in android free ram is wasted ram so it's better to use more. I can see needing to have more than 1 gbs of ram for anytime in the for see able future.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Someone sounds like a RAZR / Motorola fanboy, hence rendering your opinions irrelevant.
No, I'm just not a Samsung fan after my horrible experience with the nexus. I've messed with the s3 and honestly wasn't impressed. It felt like a tough phone, it's a blatant iPhone copy, and the home button seemed like it wasn't installed right like it was about to fall out.

I won't be buying another Samsung for a long time if I ever do. I really want the next nexus which I heard is from lg, so i may give that a try buy I'm still holding my breath for a moto nexus :beer:

NinerJet9

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I've used the GS3 and I don't at all see it as a blatant copy unless you think Android as a whole is. I'm really hoping for the Moto Nexus!

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No, I'm just not a Samsung fan after my horrible experience with the nexus. I've messed with the s3 and honestly wasn't impressed. It felt like a tough phone, it's a blatant iPhone copy, and the home button seemed like it wasn't installed right like it was about to fall out.

I won't be buying another Samsung for a long time if I ever do. I really want the next nexus which I heard is from lg, so i may give that a try buy I'm still holding my breath for a moto nexus :beer:

If you really want to claim the S3 is an iPhone ripoff I'm going to have to conclude you really haven't looked at it that closely.

Will the RAZR HD be released with the current Android OS or will it be stuck with blurscream sandwich?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm just not a Samsung fan after my horrible experience with the nexus. I've messed with the s3 and honestly wasn't impressed. It felt like a tough phone, it's a blatant iPhone copy, and the home button seemed like it wasn't installed right like it was about to fall out...

I think it's ridiculous to claim the S3 is an iPhone copy since it has so many features that the iPhone didn't even have when the S3 was released. For example, it had 4G LTE (like every other Android phone release in the past year). It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that the iPhone had 4G. The S3 has a huge screen - the iPhone had a small screen until a couple weeks ago. I could go on and on, but there's no comparison.

For the record, I have a MAXX, my wife has an S3, my son has a Galaxy Nexus, and other son an iPhone. I like my wife's S3, but got the MAXX for myself for the battery. The Nexus isn't as nice, but it's almost a year old, and at least it has Jelly Bean.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I've held one in my hands... I'm not talking about software I'm talking about the build. It felt just like a bigger iPhone in my hands

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've held one in my hands... I'm not talking about software I'm talking about the build. It felt just like a bigger iPhone in my hands

Now that made alot of sence.......
i mean really? the two are about as opposit as two phones can be whenever it comes to how they feel in your hand .

morjoie

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize we were entitled to anything.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Of course we are entitled. We are entitled to a fully functional phone after an update that is free of new bugs and other glitches that diminish the capacity or functions of the phone. If the phone can't be better the day after the update than it was the day before, then at the very least it shouldn't be any worse. I recognize that a number of forum members have recommended a cache clearing or a factory reset to restore functionality, and clearing of the cache has certainly helped the functionality of my Razr Maxx. Frankly, though, we shouldn't have to go through all that just to have a phone that works the way it is supposed to. I have never heard of iPhone users having to do a factory reset after downloading a new version of iOS. Of course, Android has other advantages that trump Apple, in my opinion, but the problems that many users have after downloading an update make it harder than it needs to be to love Android.

This OS upgrade was issued in June (ok, end of June). Moto and Verizon have had more than ample time to issue a patch. It should have happened by now. And there is really no excuse for the total lack of communication from both Verizon and Moto on this issue. I can't help but notice that, more often than not, when Apple has bugs in their OS, they are a lot quicker to own up and remedy the problems with a patch. Yes, Apple has far more control over their hardware and software, so it is easier for them. Still, the Razr Maxx is part of the flagship Android line for Verizon. You'd think it would be in their long-term interest to issue bug-free updates or to issue patches that remedy any inadvertently introduced problems. The Razr line is supposed to represent some of the best that Verizon has to offer for the Android experience.

I think we are too quick to let cell phone providers off the hook for poor hardware, poor software, poor service. Thanks to the self-serving system that cell phone providers have set up, many of us are the customers of Verizon and Moto for at least two years. We pay upwards of $1,000 or more annually just for service. And the best hardware (which includes the Razr line) isn't exactly free. And a person can pay far more for unsubsidized hardware to hold onto unlimited data (for as long as that lasts). Those who don't have unlimited data pay $50 for a measly gigabyte of data to "share." Ridiculous! So if Verizon is going to insist that we stick with a device for two years and stay under contract for their service for two years, and pay highway robbery prices for data for two years, then they owe us well-tested, reliable, working updates when they are issued. That is part of what we are paying them for.

What we aren't entitled to is the silent treatment. We 're customers, and for what we pay, I believe we deserve better.

Last edited:

Praggles

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
QUOTE"We pay upwards of $1,000 or more annually just for service. And the best hardware (which includes the Razr line) isn't exactly free. And a person can pay far more for unsubsidized hardware to hold onto unlimited data (for as long as that lasts). Those who don't have unlimited data pay $50 for a measly gigabyte of data to "share." Ridiculous! So if Verizon is going to insist that we stick with a device for two years and stay under contract for their service for two years, and pay highway robbery prices for data for two years blah...blah
...blah..."

I pay more per year for Bright house broadband that isn't perfect...but I live with the bugs...I pay more per year for Starbucks that isn't always perfect (though they will gladly remake but I don't always have time)...I pay more for landscaper to mow my lawn each month..and sometimes he does a soso job.

I pay more for all these services and while I expect people to do their job...perhaps exceed my expectations... I NEVER expect perfection! Mr phone isn't perfect but it works better than my old HTC trophy and my wife's IPhone 4..it regularly exceeds my expectations.

Nothing is perfect!

Only a Sith believes in absolutes! So Darth morjoie I have discovered your plot to subvert this forum....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with you about getting a update that causes more issues than it fixes . supposedly verizon takes so long to roll out a update because its so heavily tested for bugs . well I say BS . futhermore I dont understand people defending verizon and moto . I WAS a long time moto supporter but not anymore . i did the full reset and wiped the cache it made no difference . a patch is needed and its been more than enough time for it to have came out . if people always accept mediocre thats what they'll always get .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non