Titanium Backup

dubfish34

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have TB set to backup apps and system data each night and I know it already saves them to my sd card, but is there a necessary reason to also have it copy to BOX or Dropbox, etc? I currently have it set up to do so but it does take a bit of time and battery life.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No reason unless its something you prefer to have the extra copy of your daily backup. I always look at your sd card as a safe spot because unless you actually tell Android in your Settings option under Storage to erase your sdcard its considered safe spot. Only other worry ever is a failed sd card which does happen but not too often.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
No reason unless its something you prefer to have the extra copy of your daily backup. I always look at your sd card as a safe spot because unless you actually tell Android in your Settings option under Storage to erase your sdcard its considered safe spot. Only other worry ever is a failed sd card which does happen but not too often.

Other than OCD safe keeping... I do it. But I'm OCD :D

Sent from my Black Widow

jclake

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The reason for storing to Box, if you lose your phone you lose everything. If you back up to Box and lose your phone, when you get your new phone you can restore (or migrate to a new phone-ROM) from Box and you have your phone just the way it was before you lost it.

Last edited:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Be careful when restoring system data. If you change roms, do not restore it as it can cause issues. If you are staying on the same rom and need to clear everything then it should be safe to restore it though.

That being said I have mine set to backup new apps and newer versions at 3 am nightly, and apps with modified data at 4 am nightly. That way I never have to worry about having something that is outdated

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney