Network Lost Notifications

FAiello

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Even though I have the Network lost tone diabled My Razor Maxx still gives me a notification tone since I installed ICS when I lose signal and get a signal. Is there someplace else I should shut it off other than turning off all notification tones?

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you have it already disabled then I don't think it can be that. You can try checking it and un checking it to see if it fixes it

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My wife has this issue with her phone and it's frustrating as hell. I like my android phone, but it seems their only solution to any problem is factory reset, which sucks. I've had to do it at least a dozen times in the 2 1/2 years I've owned my DINC. You have to completely start over and reconfigure your phone and re-download all your apps, etc. etc. This is the main reason that I'm headed to the iPhone 5 as soon as they get them in stock. At least with their phone, if you ever have to reset it, iTunes has all your apps, etc and everything's right back as it was before.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you are better suited for an iphone anyway.

Just fyi, Google has all your apps and everything just like ITunes would. And you still have to re download them on the iPhone. The only difference is there isn't anything to set up on the iPhone because all it is is an ugly wall of apps with no widgets or anything.

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Tell me more about Google having all my apps. Where do I go to find them? On the iphone, once you sync it with iTunes, all your apps are there and you are done. I do agree that I like the widgets, etc. with my Droid, but when I have to do a factory reset every single time there's an update, glitch or low space warning, it gets frustrating. if it wasn't for that, I'd be 100% happy with my droid.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I have never had to do a factory reset because of any glitches or anything. The only time I did was when going from gb to ics, but that was a major upgrade so it would ignorant to expect no issues if you upgrade without starting fresh.

Your apps are backed up with Google. All you have to to is sign in and they start downloading. Don't need to plug into a computer, nothing. Doesn't get much easier than that. Don't expect your iPhone to be perfect like most people think they will be, because it is very far from that.

jwehrer

May 27, 2010
Visit site
hmmm that's strange. I had to go search for the ones I wanted and download them all again one at a time, manually. On my DINC, when it went from Froyo to Gingerbread I had to do a factory reset to get it because it kept failing. Then when the update to the Gingerbread update came out I had to do it again. And about 10 times in between when I kept getting the bogus low space warnings. Every time I've had to go in and manually download the apps I wanted. Nothing automatically downloaded when I logged into Google. I wonder why? I have an iphone as my work phone and I never have these issues. That's why I'm wanting to go that route with my personal phone.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the play store, hit menu, then hit my apps it will show every app you have ever downloaded, even if you uninstalled it. It should have started downloading the ones you did have installed. Mine always has. But I just cancel it because I keep everything backed up with titanium and it's faster to just restore it

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Also you can go to the play website and find the same info and can download apps from the computer and they will start to download on your phone. It's pretty cool.

But honestly I suggest rooting just so you can use titanium backup. It makes everything so much easier.

Or look at the my backup pro app I don't think it requires root

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz