Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Certified Like New my rear...

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    I'm still finding it hard to believe that every single phone you get has something wrong with it.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    So am I so try and think how I feel. I'm about to buy a Maxx HD this week at full retail and cut my losses. And consider that that isn't much of an upgrade to warrant the cost and you'll understand where I'm coming from. An HD screen is nice but I don't need it for the price. I can think of a million better things to spend my money on including putting extra payments on my car.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I'm still finding it hard to believe that every single phone you get has something wrong with it.

I'm not surprised.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    So am I so try and think how I feel. I'm about to buy a Maxx HD this week at full retail and cut my losses. And consider that that isn't much of an upgrade to warrant the cost and you'll understand where I'm coming from. An HD screen is nice but I don't need it for the price. I can think of a million better things to spend my money on including putting extra payments on my car.

I can understand where you are coming from.

Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    I'm not surprised.

What doesn't surprise you?

Edit- Nevermind, you posted at the same time.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.

After reading through this thread I think I lucked up. Verizon sent me a Maxx to replace an overheating Rezound. The Maxx seems to be in good shape, everything works. The back looks a little faded, but without seeing it new I don't know how it is supposed to look.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Just because one person has u likely issues doesn't mean every like new device is going to be bad. I have had tons for all my devices in the past and have never had issues right away.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I simply do not like paying a premium for insurance, an outrageous deductible for a used device is ridiculous.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

I simply do not like paying a premium for insurance, an outrageous deductible for a used device is ridiculous.

On a new release, they send new in box devices for a while. Until that point whenever it may be its worth it. Refurbished devices are a gamble and a joke but at least Verizon and Motorola are forced to send me one until its rectified. At this point, after all these problems, I expect a flawless, like new device. I was reasonable before but as of this moment I'm becoming picky. I'm upgrading to the HD anyways because I'm tired of all these issues. So in order to recoup cost I need it perfect as if I took care of it. I can send in a device that's a year old and it will look as good as the day I bought it. I expect the same in return.

ChuckG73 and pauldroidr2d2 like this.

I just sent one back due to the speaker grill being torn it took four reboots to get the phone to read the sim card the sim door had a big gap and the top of the phone where the Kevlar meets the camera was dented in. I called big red and the girl was trying to get me to use one of my upgrades to get a new phone she even recommended a RAZR maxx then she tried to get me to buy a phone at full retail. Then when she offered me an 8 gb iPhone 4 I hung up on her

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by maynardjames View Post
    I just sent one back due to the speaker grill being torn it took four reboots to get the phone to read the sim card the sim door had a big gap and the top of the phone where the Kevlar meets the camera was dented in. I called big red and the girl was trying to get me to use one of my upgrades to get a new phone she even recommended a RAZR maxx then she tried to get me to buy a phone at full retail. Then when she offered me an 8 gb iPhone 4 I hung up on her

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    I bought the RAZR HD Maxx just to get away from these replacements but noe Verizon who delayed my Maxx replacement is giving me trouble because my warranty is invalid since I got a new phone. I'll get a replacement but not without a fight...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Arctic HD

Phone doesn't matter.... There is still a warranty on the other one it doesn't end because you get a new phone. These verizon guys are idiots.

On a side note, my replacement will be here Monday I'll keep you guys informed.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

I bought the RAZR HD Maxx just to get away from these replacements but noe Verizon who delayed my Maxx replacement is giving me trouble because my warranty is invalid since I got a new phone. I'll get a replacement but not without a fight...

It is pathetic how they treat customers.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Phone doesn't matter.... There is still a warranty on the other one it doesn't end because you get a new phone. These verizon guys are idiots.

On a side note, my replacement will be here Monday I'll keep you guys informed.

That's my whole argument right there. I'm being told it needs supervisor approval before it can be sent out. I've never had a problem with Verizon before but I'm close to becoming a very bad customer to deal with. I've done it to Acura, Microsoft, T-Mobile, AT&T but Verizon is next.

ROM
    Arctic HD

It took me 20 mins to get them to send me a replacement. I'm having problems with my vibration for the whole phone goes out then comes back. I did a reset before I called and yet They STILL had me check all my settings after I explained the were all normal and I'm positive I didn't change anything. Besides if it was a setting it wouldn't work one minute and not the next.

Then they asked me if I could bring it to a store so they could duplicate the problem, I told them no. I said I wasn't going to waste the gas just to have them call you guys like they always do.

I think these guys are so used to dealing with non tech savy people so they just talk to everyone like they don't know anything about their phone. You have no idea how many times I've corrected the techs on something they say or are wrong about. I really think verizon needs to go back and look at their training procedure.

ROM
    Arctic HD

That's my whole argument right there. I'm being told it needs supervisor approval before it can be sent out. I've never had a problem with Verizon before but I'm close to becoming a very bad customer to deal with. I've done it to Acura, Microsoft, T-Mobile, AT&T but Verizon is next.

You should just activate the old phone until you get your replacement and tell them you got rid of it, and then as soon as you get it switch back to the hd then sell the like new maxx on ebay.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

You should just activate the old phone until you get your replacement and tell them you got rid of it, and then as soon as you get it switch back to the hd then sell the like new maxx on ebay.

Heck no! I can win this either way but I'm not switching from my HD to the normal Maxx for any period of time.

Heck no! I can win this either way but I'm not switching from my HD to the normal Maxx for any period of time.

Verizon requires that the phone be active to send you a replacement. You simply just activate it and call in immediately, I have done so in the past.

Just keep in mind that Verizon is not legally required to provide warranty, only the manufacturer, in this case motorola, is legally required to provide warranty during the warranty period. So if you don't want to activate the droid razr maxx at all, call motorola, they are legally required to replace it under warranty regardless of whether it is on an active line or not. Be advised that typically manufacturers require you to send it in first, then they would fix it and send it back, going through Verizon would most likely be quicker. The only reason why I mentioned it is because you don't want to activate the old phone at all.

As a side note, even though Verizon is not legally required to replace your phone, if you complain enough, they would probably acquiesce. Not sure if it would be worth your trouble, but you could try.

If calling does work, go to the store during a crowded time and create a ruckus. Usually the store would acquiesce just so that they don't lose customers over you. If it doesn't work the first time, try over and over and at multiple stores. As a last option, make a sign and picket in front of a verizon store. I am pretty sure that this would work if activating the old phone is something that you absolutely cannot do.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock
    Thanked by:

The warranty on your phone is through Motorola. It is discussed in the warranty brochure which came with the phone. Verizon provides replacement phones as a courtesy, and are not legally required to do so, hence they can make up whatever rules they wish. Don't activate phone, send it to the manufacturer, they won't require it to be activated , problem solved.

Also, verizon cannot invalidate your warranty, only the manufacturer can do so. Verizon can refuse to provide warranty service of course. Similar to Acura. You buy a car, the warranty is with Acura, not the dealership which you bought it from. The dealership cannot void the warranty, only Acura can. But the dealership can refuse to provide warranty service on your car. You could of course just take it to another dealership.

Thanked by:

My personal take is, don't fight Verizon on whether or not the phone has to be on an active line, just swap sims, very quick process. If I were you, what I would try to do is to push them to reset your upgrade date, arguing that you have received 8 clnr, all with problems. Then just keep explaining problem after problem with each phone and saying that the refurb process on verizon needs work, blah blah blah. I can almost guarantee you that at first, they will say no, but keep at it. repeating the same stuff over and over. After an hour or two, they may agree. or they may not, in which case hang up and try again. imo, i think that this would be a much more beneficial effort as you actually get something. you can also try to get them to send you a clnr hd maxx, which at this point, would be new. most likely, neither option would be easy to get verizon to do, but i think that it would be possible.

one other thing, if you decide to buy new and you want to get new replacements for as long as possible, buy from Costco wireless. they offer a 90 day return/exchange policy and during that time, you will get new devices. after the 90 days is up though, you are stuck on Verizon's clnr, but still beats verizon and other 3rd party which is typically 30 days or less. and the new replacement is a full retail box new replacement with all accessories.
    Thanked by:
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    My personal take is, don't fight Verizon on whether or not the phone has to be on an active line, just swap sims, very quick process. If I were you, what I would try to do is to push them to reset your upgrade date, arguing that you have received 8 clnr, all with problems. Then just keep explaining problem after problem with each phone and saying that the refurb process on verizon needs work, blah blah blah. I can almost guarantee you that at first, they will say no, but keep at it. repeating the same stuff over and over. After an hour or two, they may agree. or they may not, in which case hang up and try again. imo, i think that this would be a much more beneficial effort as you actually get something. you can also try to get them to send you a clnr hd maxx, which at this point, would be new. most likely, neither option would be easy to get verizon to do, but i think that it would be possible.

one other thing, if you decide to buy new and you want to get new replacements for as long as possible, buy from Costco wireless. they offer a 90 day return/exchange policy and during that time, you will get new devices. after the 90 days is up though, you are stuck on Verizon's clnr, but still beats verizon and other 3rd party which is typically 30 days or less. and the new replacement is a full retail box new replacement with all accessories.
    Thank you, but the supervisor did approve me so its going out tomorrow I believe. I'm not sure they would push an upgrade up but even if they did it would not matter as I'm not losing my unlimited data package. As for replacing with an HD Maxx, it would not happen. To Verizon, this isn't comparable and its too new. The only comparable device was a Nexus which I immediately said no to.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, but the supervisor did approve me so its going out tomorrow I believe. I'm not sure they would push an upgrade up but even if they did it would not matter as I'm not losing my unlimited data package. As for replacing with an HD Maxx, it would not happen. To Verizon, this isn't comparable and its too new. The only comparable device was a Nexus which I immediately said no to.

Glad you got it sorted out. If you have a family plan with one of your other lines not having unlimited data, then you might be able to switch the upgrade to that line, if they did approve the upgrade. Before you could, not sure if they changed the rule since unlimited data upgrades were canned.

What Verizon considers comparable will vary greatly. Verizon gave me a Rezound as a warranty replacement for my Thunderbolt as it was comparable. Yet somehow, the gnex and razr weren't considered comparable, and this was towards the beginning of the year so the Rezound was fairly new, although Verizon never showed it any love. Go figure. I know some people were able to get the dinc 4G as a replacement to older phones, and the dinc 4G uses the similar CPU as the Razr HD Maxx, just at a slightly slower clock.

It is pathetic how they treat customers.

Verizon doesn't have the best CS. But also, based on my experience, they are far from the worst. I find that they are pretty decent so long as you are firm and patient. Usually, I find that they want to get you off the phone quickly and say no, whatever you want can't be done. Don't hang up, keep explaining your situation, and I have as of yet never had a situation where Verizon did not resolve to my satisfaction. Most of these converstations where there are non-standard issues usually take over an hour to resolve for me.

They let me move from a Tbolt to a Rezound to a Razr Maxx all without me paying a dime. When I have any issues that are their fault, and ask for compensation, they will usually give it to me. Although their refurb phones a lot of times suck, they provide free shipping and free return shipping. Usually after the first time, they provide free overnight shipping. I have dealt with other companies that ask you to mail in your defective item on your dime, not to mention that you are out of that item until they send it back.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Just got my replacement. It feels so solid. No creaks or anything. Haven't powered up yet but so far it is nice. It feels Iike a brand new phone. It has the plastic with a white sticker on the back I can't remember if my other replacements had that I know when I bought it new it did

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #49  

Just got my replacement. It feels so solid. No creaks or anything. Haven't powered up yet but so far it is nice. It feels Iike a brand new phone. It has the plastic with a white sticker on the back I can't remember if my other replacements had that I know when I bought it new it did

Let's hope mine is the same but I guess it doesn't matter. I missed the delivery today because Verizon never told me it shipped. I was told it was approved Sunday night and it was actually approved and shipped on Friday.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Let me know if it comes with the sticker on the back like the new phones do. This thing is solid man, no problems what so ever :thumbup:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast