Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

Default Re: Certified Like New my rear...

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Let me know if it comes with the sticker on the back like the new phones do. This thing is solid man, no problems what so ever :thumbup:

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    Will do, I wonder if I drained Verizon out of replacements.

But white sticker as in the little box sticker that sits on the bigger film? All my replacements have had this.
    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Arctic HD

Yeah. I probably just never noticed it.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #53  

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Yeah. I probably just never noticed it.

The replacement was built pretty good but too late since I have an HD.

Prior to getting a Maxx I had a Nexus that I was having to replace almost as often as you've had to replace your Maxx. I am on my 3rd Maxx and when I received it there was still a memory card in it, so after I set it all up I went into the gallery and there were a lot of "home" movies and pics of the adult nature on the card. I was furious, so I called VZW and complained to the right people and ended up getting 3 free months service.
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Arctic HD

Damn I would call that pretty lucky if you asked me :beer:

Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    Prior to getting a Maxx I had a Nexus that I was having to replace almost as often as you've had to replace your Maxx. I am on my 3rd Maxx and when I received it there was still a memory card in it, so after I set it all up I went into the gallery and there were a lot of "home" movies and pics of the adult nature on the card. I was furious, so I called VZW and complained to the right people and ended up getting 3 free months service.
    Adult content and free service? Hm... lol

Live2ride883 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Verizon doesn't have the best CS. But also, based on my experience, they are far from the worst. I find that they are pretty decent so long as you are firm and patient. Usually, I find that they want to get you off the phone quickly and say no, whatever you want can't be done. Don't hang up, keep explaining your situation, and I have as of yet never had a situation where Verizon did not resolve to my satisfaction. Most of these converstations where there are non-standard issues usually take over an hour to resolve for me.

They let me move from a Tbolt to a Rezound to a Razr Maxx all without me paying a dime. When I have any issues that are their fault, and ask for compensation, they will usually give it to me. Although their refurb phones a lot of times suck, they provide free shipping and free return shipping. Usually after the first time, they provide free overnight shipping. I have dealt with other companies that ask you to mail in your defective item on your dime, not to mention that you are out of that item until they send it back.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock
    I think you make some good points. I have also noticed that sometimes, the quality of service depends on if you are talking to one of the VZW reps, or if it is one of the contract companies that they use to handle overflow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Live2ride883 View Post
    LOL, did you watch all of the adult nature movies?
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Yes, of course I did. How else would I know they were adult content?
    I miss my friend Matt McQuinn he touched so many lives, and in the end gave his life to protect someone that he loved. I am proud to have known him, and of the choices he made when it mattered. You were a true hero.

"You would not fear my weapon unless your intentions were to provoke my using it"

getting refurbs via insurance w/deductible. I've gone a different route - buying used off of craigs list. This turns out to be about the same cost as the deductible (after a bit of haggling). I meet the seller at a VZN store, check it out to be sure it works, have VZN determine it's not stolen and then pay the guy. Never had bad luck but you may have to spend some time watching craigs list.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Just went through insurance for my razr maxx... The phone i received is a joke. I lost my old phone in vegas and i thought well i will call insurance and get this issue fixed. They sent me a device... I cannot call this a phone. This device when powered on starts to trip out and do the following constantly pushing menu, back, power, volume up and down, and all you see is the screen flickering until the phone freezes. Okay, weird.... but me paying 8$ a month for a service that cannot send me a proper working phone, then promise to send me a brand new one and have it here ASAP and when you check the shipping information they do not send it until after the new year, and the order was placed 3 days before. I have not had a phone working properly for a week and a half. only reason i have it is so i can send it back, alos makes a decent paperweight.

ROM
    Arctic HD

That's okay, my mom had to file an insurance claim on her droid x because the camera button fell off and they wouldn't take it, we'll when she went to activate it it came up with a bad esn because it was reported stolen. Good one asurion.

I got a replacement maxx from vzw about 5 months ago and mine its total crap. Visual screen discoloration, creaking plastic, scratched bezel, and about 50% of the time the other person can't hear me unless I am using Bluetooth.

Lucky I use my Bluetooth 99% of the time. I chose to live with the rest of the issues, because of all the bad luck I've had before from vzw replacements. I have received a boot looped gnexus, a og Droid with non working head phone jack, and several others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #63  

Quote Originally Posted by darkw1sh View Post
    Just went through insurance for my razr maxx... The phone i received is a joke. I lost my old phone in vegas and i thought well i will call insurance and get this issue fixed. They sent me a device... I cannot call this a phone. This device when powered on starts to trip out and do the following constantly pushing menu, back, power, volume up and down, and all you see is the screen flickering until the phone freezes. Okay, weird.... but me paying 8$ a month for a service that cannot send me a proper working phone, then promise to send me a brand new one and have it here ASAP and when you check the shipping information they do not send it until after the new year, and the order was placed 3 days before. I have not had a phone working properly for a week and a half. only reason i have it is so i can send it back, alos makes a decent paperweight.
    I have no idea what testing refurbished devices go through because is far too many of these stories including my own. This is why I started this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

I pay full price for my phones and will not accept clnr. That's why I use farm bureau. They are half as expensive and they write you a check for your phone. You can replace it with any phone you see fit. F$#k asurion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    I pay full price for my phones and will not accept clnr. That's why I use farm bureau. They are half as expensive and they write you a check for your phone. You can replace it with any phone you see fit. F$#k asurion.

Tell us a little more about this? Is it something added on to your homeowners? Is it a separate policy? I kind of like this idea

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

They added it to my boat policy. Call a local agent and get details. The only catch is if you pay $650 for a phone they prorate it to its cost. Its not crazy low but it still beats the hell out of clnr.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

In my opinion, the whole phone insurance thing is a complete scam. I also wonder how much money Verizon Wireless, or the other carriers get out of us purchasing the insurance. I stopped paying it a long time ago. You pay the monthly premium for months and months and for some of us years and years. Then when you do use it, you pay a deductible for a piece of garbage used phone. You might as well just set some of your own money aside and purchase a brand new device at regular price. or maybe try ebay or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    In my opinion, the whole phone insurance thing is a complete scam. I also wonder how much money Verizon Wireless, or the other carriers get out of us purchasing the insurance. I stopped paying it a long time ago. You pay the monthly premium for months and months and for some of us years and years. Then when you do use it, you pay a deductible for a piece of garbage used phone. You might as well just set some of your own money aside and purchase a brand new device at regular price. or maybe try ebay or something along those lines.
    You can buy CPO phones as well. Selection varies, but as of earlier this week, you could get the gs3 for $420, no contract with 1 year warranty and 14 day return.

Also, Even without insurance, you can send your phone to moto and they will fix the screen for $100, same amount as the deductible on the insurance.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    You can buy CPO phones as well. Selection varies, but as of earlier this week, you could get the gs3 for $420, no contract with 1 year warranty and 14 day return.

Also, Even without insurance, you can send your phone to moto and they will fix the screen for $100, same amount as the deductible on the insurance.
    What is CPO?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDroidR2D2 View Post
    What is CPO?
    Certified pre owned
    Thanked by:

I feel your pain. We have entered the day where greed had taken over. Easier and cheaper to push like new phones and add certified along with it. But it was somebody's phone prior to shipping to us. We pay a premium price for the service and then a premium price for the phones. In today's business it's not about taking care of your long term customers but how do we get new customers. All deals are not for loyal customers but new customers. Time to boycott this new way of doing business. We need to take control instead of being like herd of cattle and told what direction to go. Just my humble opinion

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Arctic HD

Gonna bump this, have any of you had issues with light coming though between the plastic and glass, and especially bad around the speaker? Also some pretty bad light bleed from the touch buttons on dark screens. I've had 3 phones all like this and the 3 before that all had vibration issues. These phones are junk now.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123