Certified Like New my rear...

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
That's okay, my mom had to file an insurance claim on her droid x because the camera button fell off and they wouldn't take it, we'll when she went to activate it it came up with a bad esn because it was reported stolen. Good one asurion.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

urushiol

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I got a replacement maxx from vzw about 5 months ago and mine its total crap. Visual screen discoloration, creaking plastic, scratched bezel, and about 50% of the time the other person can't hear me unless I am using Bluetooth.

Lucky I use my Bluetooth 99% of the time. I chose to live with the rest of the issues, because of all the bad luck I've had before from vzw replacements. I have received a boot looped gnexus, a og Droid with non working head phone jack, and several others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just went through insurance for my razr maxx... The phone i received is a joke. I lost my old phone in vegas and i thought well i will call insurance and get this issue fixed. They sent me a device... I cannot call this a phone. This device when powered on starts to trip out and do the following constantly pushing menu, back, power, volume up and down, and all you see is the screen flickering until the phone freezes. Okay, weird.... but me paying 8$ a month for a service that cannot send me a proper working phone, then promise to send me a brand new one and have it here ASAP and when you check the shipping information they do not send it until after the new year, and the order was placed 3 days before. I have not had a phone working properly for a week and a half. only reason i have it is so i can send it back, alos makes a decent paperweight.
I have no idea what testing refurbished devices go through because is far too many of these stories including my own. This is why I started this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I pay full price for my phones and will not accept clnr. That's why I use farm bureau. They are half as expensive and they write you a check for your phone. You can replace it with any phone you see fit. F$#k asurion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I pay full price for my phones and will not accept clnr. That's why I use farm bureau. They are half as expensive and they write you a check for your phone. You can replace it with any phone you see fit. F$#k asurion.

Tell us a little more about this? Is it something added on to your homeowners? Is it a separate policy? I kind of like this idea

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
They added it to my boat policy. Call a local agent and get details. The only catch is if you pay $650 for a phone they prorate it to its cost. Its not crazy low but it still beats the hell out of clnr.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, the whole phone insurance thing is a complete scam. I also wonder how much money Verizon Wireless, or the other carriers get out of us purchasing the insurance. I stopped paying it a long time ago. You pay the monthly premium for months and months and for some of us years and years. Then when you do use it, you pay a deductible for a piece of garbage used phone. You might as well just set some of your own money aside and purchase a brand new device at regular price. or maybe try ebay or something along those lines.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, the whole phone insurance thing is a complete scam. I also wonder how much money Verizon Wireless, or the other carriers get out of us purchasing the insurance. I stopped paying it a long time ago. You pay the monthly premium for months and months and for some of us years and years. Then when you do use it, you pay a deductible for a piece of garbage used phone. You might as well just set some of your own money aside and purchase a brand new device at regular price. or maybe try ebay or something along those lines.

You can buy CPO phones as well. Selection varies, but as of earlier this week, you could get the gs3 for $420, no contract with 1 year warranty and 14 day return.

Also, Even without insurance, you can send your phone to moto and they will fix the screen for $100, same amount as the deductible on the insurance.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You can buy CPO phones as well. Selection varies, but as of earlier this week, you could get the gs3 for $420, no contract with 1 year warranty and 14 day return.

Also, Even without insurance, you can send your phone to moto and they will fix the screen for $100, same amount as the deductible on the insurance.
What is CPO?

Jerrytcc17

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. We have entered the day where greed had taken over. Easier and cheaper to push like new phones and add certified along with it. But it was somebody's phone prior to shipping to us. We pay a premium price for the service and then a premium price for the phones. In today's business it's not about taking care of your long term customers but how do we get new customers. All deals are not for loyal customers but new customers. Time to boycott this new way of doing business. We need to take control instead of being like herd of cattle and told what direction to go. Just my humble opinion

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Gonna bump this, have any of you had issues with light coming though between the plastic and glass, and especially bad around the speaker? Also some pretty bad light bleed from the touch buttons on dark screens. I've had 3 phones all like this and the 3 before that all had vibration issues. These phones are junk now.