Comcast Email over WiFi

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
My email - using either Aqua Mail Pro or the stock email client - had been working flawlessly over my home WiFi on Comcast. All of my email accounts are Comcast, too. I have changed nothing on my router, modem, etc.

As of two days ago, I cannot receive/send email via WiFi. I have a Razr Maxx running ICS, not rooted.

I even deleted all email accounts and re-installed with no success. The amazing thing is that the moment I take the phone off WiFi, email works perfectly.

If I proceed via the Xfinity app available online, email is fine via WiFi.

Any guidance will be deeply appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

sweeneyworld

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with aqua mail and Comcast WiFi. Although I didn't have this problem before I upgraded my router to a Linksys 6500ac. I can seem to find a solution either.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I got an answer for you guys. Some ISP's restrict use of their emails 2 to only allow email to be received /be checked from their IP addresses. I see this a lot with charter pacifically you cannot check a charter email from a email client such as Outlook or thunderbird from a non charter IP address.

I'm assuming you used a mobile Pacific settings for your email on your phone. If not the ISP has the ability to differentiate from a cell phone IP or a landline IP.

If you asked tech support about this issue they would deny it. you have to get to level 3 or 4 tech support for the the technicians to even know what you're talking about at this point...

Try connecting through a Comcast home/business connection also try visiting a mobile web version of your email I bet dollars to donuts it will work...

There's no way around it and I don't forsee the ISPs changing this anytime soon because this helps keep customers. If you can somehow spoof your IP on your phone I bet that would work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What email service are you trying to connect too? Try changing SMTP port to 587 and see if that fixes it. I'm not sure what the guy above is referring too. Where did you get that idea anyway? Blocking use of email outside the ISP is ludicrous. That won't keep customers and it restricts the use of the email service ad a whole.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Wow...I am astonished that charter does that. I see where you got it. That isn't the norm though. Most ISP change their port number to reduce abuse. That's why I suggested port 587 for SMTP only.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I am on an unmodified Maxx running ICS and have no issues whatever with multiple Comcast email accounts using the stock mail app. I use the Gmail app solely for Gmail & the stock app for all other. I might suggest that the problem may be in the router or something in the mail setup, worth a look.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ill call myself out I'm not reading the problem description fully lol..

But I'm a computer tech I deal with this charter mishap a lot and their solution is to use the web check your mail.

I can not set up charter emails via outlook /Thunderbird at my shop. (Non charter) without spoofing the ip address.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep..i looked that up...i was thrown back by their choice to do that but o well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc