Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chevyman29
  • 2 Post By Eclipse2K
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Default Motorola DROID RAZR HD available October 18th, $199.99 with 2-year commitment

Motorola DROID RAZR HD available October 18th, $199.99 with 2-year commitment.

more:

via
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Default Re: Motorola DROID RAZR HD available October 18th, $199.99 with 2-year commitment

Aw yiss

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Default Re: Motorola DROID RAZR HD available October 18th, $199.99 with 2-year commitment

This sucks, I'm 2 days past my 14 day return time frame, and they decide to announce it, this sucks

ROM
    Arctic HD

Take it to the store and talk to the manager and see if you can work something out

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Quote Originally Posted by melog69 View Post
    This sucks, I'm 2 days past my 14 day return time frame, and they decide to announce it, this sucks
    this is just one more reason i started buying my phones from bestbuy . they have a 30 day return policy
    ViolinKnits likes this.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Take it to the store and talk to the manager and see if you can work something out

They basically told me I'm SOL, I even tried calling Verizon and talikng to a supervisor there, but nothing

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It doesn't suck. This happens all the time, and it happens to everyone who thinks they bought the latest and greatest phone. 3 months later, it's "old".. Your phone is fine- and this new Maxx HD will just be just a bit better than yours. Don't lose sleep.

No webtop for the few of us that care.

Costco has the best return policy, 90 days.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    this is just one more reason i started buying my phones from bestbuy . they have a 30 day return policy

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    It doesn't suck. This happens all the time, and it happens to everyone who thinks they bought the latest and greatest phone. 3 months later, it's "old".. Your phone is fine- and this new Maxx HD will just be just a bit better than yours. Don't lose sleep.
    Agreed, there isn't much the RAZR HD will do that your original Maxx won't. Yet, many including myself will upgrade at full price. I keep telling myself to save the $700 but I'm a sucker for new phones. I can stick with the same laptop, tablet, television, etc for a long time. But phones and even cars I become impulsive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Arctic HD

I do wish I could have the maxx hd. The only thing I miss from my nexus was the hd screen. But I still think the screen on the maxx is pretty good.

One thing about the screen on the nexus, and probably the hd also, is it was impossible to see outside no matter how bright it was out. I can see my screen now no matter what and it's great.

Of course the s4 processor is probably the feature I want the most.

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

I'm ekigable, but I'm going to wait for that High-res Lumia and the Nexus 5...not too long of a wait either...

I bet it will be 300 at launch like the maxx 1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

From what I saw it was 199 I thought. That's with an upgrade or new contract though
    Never mind, that's for the razr hd

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    Agreed, there isn't much the RAZR HD will do that your original Maxx won't. Yet, many including myself will upgrade at full price. I keep telling myself to save the $700 but I'm a sucker for new phones. I can stick with the same laptop, tablet, television, etc for a long time. But phones and even cars I become impulsive.

I know what you mean. At one point, I had (7) 4g phones. If it had webtop, then I would probably get it. Since it doesn't, then the razr hd maxx won't be much different than my gs3 other than interface(both are fine for me) , battery life(although hd maxx is larger, it is also non removable so a toss up for me, I had 3 extended batteries on my rezound) , and brighter screen (only really matters outdoors in direct sunlight). Gs3 screen is only. 1" larger but it doesn't have on screen buttons like the razr maxx hd.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I know what you mean. At one point, I had (7) 4g phones. If it had webtop, then I would probably get it. Since it doesn't, then the razr hd maxx won't be much different than my gs3 other than interface(both are fine for me) , battery life(although hd maxx is larger, it is also non removable so a toss up for me, I had 3 extended batteries on my rezound) , and brighter screen (only really matters outdoors in direct sunlight). Gs3 screen is only. 1" larger but it doesn't have on screen buttons like the razr maxx hd.

I actually think I may pass on the HD. Next year around this time the new RAZR will probably be even better and instead of being out $1400 I'll be out $700. My Maxx is still top of the line as far as my needs go.

And no webtop needed for me. My Xyboard is perfect.

bmidd and TitoRoE like this.

I actually think I may pass on the HD. Next year around this time the new RAZR will probably be even better and instead of being out $1400 I'll be out $700. My Maxx is still top of the line as far as my needs go.

And no webtop needed for me. My Xyboard is perfect.

yeah, i realize that a lot (or perhaps most) people don't care about webtop. i really like it. it is very convenient to use the lapdock or my premium hd dock. obviously everyone has different needs.

I have my 32gb Touchpad which I do use and for $120, does everything I need for a tablet. Of course a xyboard is better...but costs a lot more than what i paid. my biggest problem is i hate typing on screen. i prefer a physical keyboard like the lapdock. yes, i know there are bluetooth keyboards, i have one of those as well, but rarely use it...i just find it easier to use my lapdock for that. but i know some people who love using tablets to type. there is just something nice about the tactile feeling of keyboards and the touchpad has, imo, a great keyboard feel.

hopefully by the next razr, they will have webtop or similar application.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    yeah, i realize that a lot (or perhaps most) people don't care about webtop. i really like it. it is very convenient to use the lapdock or my premium hd dock. obviously everyone has different needs.

I have my 32gb Touchpad which I do use and for $120, does everything I need for a tablet. Of course a xyboard is better...but costs a lot more than what i paid. my biggest problem is i hate typing on screen. i prefer a physical keyboard like the lapdock. yes, i know there are bluetooth keyboards, i have one of those as well, but rarely use it...i just find it easier to use my lapdock for that. but i know some people who love using tablets to type. there is just something nice about the tactile feeling of keyboards and the touchpad has, imo, a great keyboard feel.

hopefully by the next razr, they will have webtop or similar application.

I almost bought that web top keyboard for my xyboard that Motorola makes but I heard that its not worth it. But I did try a web top for the RAZR and it was nice other than how odd the Netflix application opened up.

I wish phones were not so expensive...

Global Posts
    1,148 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sell it on ebay or craigslist

I almost bought that web top keyboard for my xyboard that Motorola makes but I heard that its not worth it. But I did try a web top for the RAZR and it was nice other than how odd the Netflix application opened up.

I wish phones were not so expensive...

Netflix opens up normally and in full screen for me in webtop 3.0 from ics, which is basically ics tablet mode. Imo, netflix looks great on the lapdock. Previous webtop had a not as good interface. I haven't tried the xyboard keyboard so I can't comment, but the atrix lapdock keyboard is nice.

Do we know if our current lapdocks will work w the new razr hd? I'm disappointed that it's not loaded w Jelly Bean.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidInside View Post
    Do we know if our current lapdocks will work w the new razr hd? I'm disappointed that it's not loaded w Jelly Bean.
    I can't confirm but I've heard that the RAZR HD does not support any form of Lapdock.

On a side note, the RAZR MAXX HD is amazing. Best build quality I've ever seen.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidInside View Post
    If it fits, I'm pretty sure it just does display mirroring rather than ICS tablet mode.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums