Razr M Launcher,Circle Widgets , Notification Count, and few stock app on Razr

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
While browsing XDA-Developers I found this article that explains how to get a few candies from the Razr M

1. Go to system/app and rename the following file:

Weather.apk to Weather.bak

MotGallery.apk to MotGallery.bak

BlurCamera.apk to BlurCamera.bak

2. Download and installation:

Laucher: Homescreen.apk

- Copy launcher to system/app
- Set permission to RW-R-R
- Tap on the the file just copied and do a double installation to overwrite system app (this way Circle Widgets will work/ even after reboot, GPS toggle wont force close)

Circle Widget 3D: CircleWidget3D.apk
- Install as normal app if fail push to system and set permission

Weather: Weather.apk
- Install as normal app if fail, copy to system and set permission (only fail because you didn't follow my tutorial)

Gallery: MotGallery2.apk
- Copy to system/app and set permission to RW-R-R

Camera: MotCamera.apk
-Copy to system/app and set permission to RW-R-R

Messaging: Messaging.apk
- Install as normal app, if fail push to system and rename existing Messaging.apk to Messaging.bak before copy to system app and set permission

Email: MotoEmail.apk
- Install as normal app

QuickView (notification count): QuickView.apk
- Copy to system/app and set permission to RW-R-R

In case your 3D Circle Widget doesn't work after reboot try this
instructions for noobs

1. make a copy of the Razr M homescreen.apk
2. change the .apk extension to .zip
3. extract using winrar or winzip
4. locate the files 'libnative_renderer.so' & 'libtexture_mem.so' inside the folder 'armeabi' under lib folder
5. copy both files to system\lib folder and overwrite any existing files and set permissions rw r r
6. REBOOT
7. Install 3d circles and weather in any order
8 Enjoy!

Thanks to BondGarcia at XDA- Developers here is the complete thread Razr M Launcher,Circle Widgets , Notification Count, and few stock app on Raz - xda-developers

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
This works on my sprint galaxy nexus (stock unrooted). The home screen seems slow is there a way to speed it up ?
Edit: I did a battery pull and not the home screen scrolls like normal
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well idk how you modified system apps without being rooted, you sure about that:confused:

Edit: the messaging one is probably the only one that will work and maybe the weather one without being rooted. Everything else you need to set permissions and that requires root.
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well idk how you modified system apps without being rooted, you sure about that:confused:

Edit: the messaging one is probably the only one that will work and maybe the weather one without being rooted. Everything else you need to set permissions and that requires root.
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

I am definitely not rooted and using the messaging apk with no problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

lauren12983

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I didn't root my galaxy s3 Verizon I downloaded the home screen circles weather.....it all works but the messaging doesn't work so I can't click the circle w text and bring me to it....it just clears text from circles when I click it. Any ideas

melog69

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't root my galaxy s3 Verizon I downloaded the home screen circles weather.....it all works but the messaging doesn't work so I can't click the circle w text and bring me to it....it just clears text from circles when I click it. Any ideas
Did you install the messaging.apk? I think it is all tied to the APK name and Samsung might have a different name for that APK

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, but when I try to rename the files using es file explorer or Astro, I am unable to complete this step. the rename fails using either tool. Anyone know what my problem is? Do I need to grant SU access to one of these apps somehow to be able to rename the files in /system/app ?

*** Nevermind *** I had to check a setting it es file explorer to allow write to /system. However, my circle widget loaded, but when I clicked on the weather, it force closed. I'm going to try the manual method to fix the circle widget.

Last edited:

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the install done, but the circle widget won't work. It was force closing on me, saying the weather widget stopped working. I've done all of the recommended steps in the OP, and now I just get three blank circles, with a spinning circle in the largest one.

Everything else appears to be working fine (text, email, camera, quickview), although it appears that I have lost my "favorite contacts" widget!

PC9850

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I know I'm a month late to the party here, but I had the same issue with the favorite contacts widget. Doing all these neat upgrades broke the stock one unfortunately, but the fix is simply to download the new "favorites.apk" version. You should be able to find it with some Googling.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I know I'm a month late to the party here, but I had the same issue with the favorite contacts widget. Doing all these neat upgrades broke the stock one unfortunately, but the fix is simply to download the new "favorites.apk" version. You should be able to find it with some Googling.

I'm unable to find the favorites.apk from the Razr M. The two dropbox links I found came up empty. Do you have it? or does anyone else?

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ever since I ran through this exercise, I haven't been able to get the circles widget to work. It used to just say, problem loading widget. I just tried it again, and it came up with this error: "The Circles widget is not supported on 3rd party home screens." It says this "under" the "problem loading widget" message. I don't have a 3rd party home screen, I have the home screen from the Razr M as described in this thread. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, got the Circles widget working finally by doing the extract-and-copy of those two files from the homescreen.apk. Now I just need the favorites.apk, and I'll be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol