Reboot after taking pictures

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. But, sometimes, well more times than not when I take a pic then touch the picture to view it in the upper left corner, the phone freezes and reboots. After reboot, in the gallery, the thumbnail is black and when clicked it says error playing media.
Very frustrating. I'm rooted (but this happened prior to rooting) and running stock ics.
I tried deleting other third party pic viewers, deleting data cache, froze stock photo viewer and used fish bowl and quick pic. Same result.
Any ideas?

Sent from my RAZR MAXX on 4G LTE

kevin.slawinski

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happens to me, rooted or not, stock or not, gallery and 3rd party. I have no idea why, I'm guessing it's just a major bug in the system. (another reason we need a patch update)

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Glad I'm not alone! I factory wiped it, then cleared data cache in gallery and camera. Seems to have helped!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Android Central Forums

faisahmed

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue on a rooted Droid Razr Maxx running ICS 4.04 stock ROM. Reboots are very annoying. Clearing the cache again to see if it helps...

NinerJet9

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on stock ICS and it happens from time to time. The freezing seems to occurs when i try to open a photo immediately after i take a picture. If i wait a second or two it doesn't seem to happen.

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for affirming my issue. This has been driving me crazy! Anyone else have this issue? Any work around?

Sent from my RAZR MAXX Unit

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest someone install a custom ROM and see if it happens then if it does then thats hardware related and I urge you to contact Verizon. If the problem goes away then its software related which in that case find a ROM you enjoy and have a good time

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mikesnexus

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Same issue here. So your not alone.
Looking for a fix,will post back if I find anything good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. So your not alone.
Looking for a fix,will post back if I find anything good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

just gave you a way to find out if it is hardware or software. if it is hardware related then call Verizon and get a replacement, if it is software then flash a custom rom.... or call Verizon and get a replacement.

msmsms

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Any fixes for this? I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE locked to Rogers running 4.1.2. When you take the picture or video the phone freezes, and then eventually reboots. I have done a factory reset, cleared the cache and data from the camera app, tried third party apps, etc.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Any fixes for this? I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE locked to Rogers running 4.1.2. When you take the picture or video the phone freezes, and then eventually reboots. I have done a factory reset, cleared the cache and data from the camera app, tried third party apps, etc.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.
Maybe copy all your pics/vids to another folder on your PC, delete the DCIM folder, reboot. your device should recreate the folder. Take a couple of pics/vids to see if it's fixed. Check all your pics & vids on your laptop to ensure there isn't one that's corrupt. If everything is OK, copy your pics/vids onto your device. It might be a corrupt pic that is causing the reboot.