- 162 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hey guys I've noticed lately that when using Google Navigation that its now taking forever for my gps to lock on and do turn by turn navigation. It used to not do this and be instant. Its getting frustrating when you want to go somewhere spur of the moment and drive past the place waiting on the gps to lock on. Any ideas? Thanks!
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
- 10-18-2012, 07:49 PM #2
- 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM #3
- 10-18-2012, 10:06 PM #4
I've noticed this issue as well. I rooted my phone and am using a different ROM. The GPS works a lot faster now. I don't think there's a fix unless an update comes.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
- 10-18-2012, 10:55 PM #5
- 10-18-2012, 11:20 PM #6
- 10-18-2012, 11:37 PM #7
Or if you're rooted you can copy the gps.conf file from a 215 based rom and move it to your stock rom (or one that isn't based off 215) and it will work the same.
That's why I did for arctic hd and it works great now
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
- 10-18-2012, 11:40 PM #8
Maybe this is the problem my sister is having with her RAZR Maxx. She has been complaining that her GPS would no longer lock on so maybe it was just to slow and she gave up. This reason along with the convenience of a big screen in my dashboard is why I'll never change to portable navigation.
- 10-30-2012, 04:10 PM #9
- 10-31-2012, 03:49 AM #10
See 9th comment by me
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
- By theswami in forum Android GamesReplies: 57Last Post: 11-10-2012, 10:54 AM
- By Ignitros in forum Android AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 03-17-2010, 05:51 PM
- By ilovesunflower in forum Samsung MomentReplies: 6Last Post: 12-03-2009, 11:04 PM
- By kreativ in forum Android AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2009, 07:31 AM
- By nycdroid in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 11-10-2009, 10:56 AM