Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Default Re: Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue. All users please read!!!

OK, so this happens to my phone or something like it anyways. So i type the letter m and you would expect the names Mark or Marcia to pop up? No, I get Aaron b. , Fred, Jason, Larry. None of these people have the letter m in the last name either!?! The first couple of times it happened it through me for a loop cuz I was accustomed to hitting the letter m and tapping the first name that popped up. I typrnthe letter d and I get the name Barb - wtf...

Default Re: Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue. All users please read!!!

Absolutely, just figured it out yesterday. Very unhappy in Memphis Tn!!!!! What can do to wake the up?

them
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE
    Ry likes this.

Yes I have problem too in forwarding text messages.I was surprised to find out that it is impossible to forward to several contacts. One has to send the text to idividual contact as original message, which is time consuming. When you open up the headings what you see are:Insert smiley,Delete,and Modify recipients.I never had a prolem with Black Berry,and Sony Ericson.Motorola should fix this or provide us with new phones.
    sapyukha

ROM
    Arctic HD

It is definitely not impossible to forward to multiple contacts. It's just user error.

Can this thread just die now?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

I cannot understand either. Under your Address book you have a groups tab and you can make new groups and add people to that group. Then after you click forward message you type in the name of that group and whamo mms to that group. When you first type any letter it seems to show yor whole address bok, but after you type a few more letters in narrows it down. I wish OP would be back in order to explain what he meant. Whatever he did he even confused a moto tech. ^_^

Hold your finger down on the text you want to forward, select the forward envelop icon at the top, type the name of your contact and hit send. What so hard about that?

Sent using the amazing RAZR Maxx HD
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

ROM
    Arctic HD

Or even better, hit the add add contacts button and add as many as you want..

Hang on folks. No need to assume he is crazy or something. We all learn how to operate these things based on experience and sometimes the logic changes for no apparent reason. Geeks write this stuff, and they sometimes don't follow a logical thought path. For example, I can't believe a "CONTACT" tab is NOT a choice when I bring up my PHONE app. I have: DIALER, RECENT, FAVS. What..., no CONTACTS? What logic was used in that decision!!! Sure, I can re-learn it and push buttons and extra steps, but that doesn't make it right. So next time YOU think its easy, stop and look at the logic...its NOT always the case. Computers remain the most illogical tools we have and are FAR from ergonomic. Now thats a term most geeks don't know!

ROM
    Gingerbread

Quote Originally Posted by saltcar View Post
    For example, I can't believe a "CONTACT" tab is NOT a choice when I bring up my PHONE app. I have: DIALER, RECENT, FAVS. What..., no CONTACTS? What logic was used in that decision!!!!
    In case you/others aren't aware.

When you dial the person's name through the Dialer (press 1 for "B", 6 for "R", to start spelling bryan) a list of contacts will pop up to select from. Optionally if you type the numbers it will show relevant phone numbers that way too. Once most people understand this it is easy to access and they understand why there is no contacts option.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by MrHost View Post
    In case you/others aren't aware.

When you dial the person's name through the Dialer (press 1 for "B", 6 for "R", to start spelling bryan) a list of contacts will pop up to select from. Optionally if you type the numbers it will show relevant phone numbers that way too. Once most people understand this it is easy to access and they understand why there is no contacts option.

Exactly. This pretty much eliminates the need to even have a people app on the phone when you can literally do everything from the dialer, including adding contacts

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hang on folks. No need to assume he is crazy or something. We all learn how to operate these things based on experience and sometimes the logic changes for no apparent reason. Geeks write this stuff, and they sometimes don't follow a logical thought path. For example, I can't believe a "CONTACT" tab is NOT a choice when I bring up my PHONE app. I have: DIALER, RECENT, FAVS. What..., no CONTACTS? What logic was used in that decision!!! Sure, I can re-learn it and push buttons and extra steps, but that doesn't make it right. So next time YOU think its easy, stop and look at the logic...its NOT always the case. Computers remain the most illogical tools we have and are FAR from ergonomic. Now thats a term most geeks don't know!
    OK, hold on. You're getting off-subject here.. The OP was saying he had problems adding contacts in a text message, not with making a phone call.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Gingerbread

I was just making the note. The OP hasn't responded since his original post. We have no idea if anything new had come up or if it was user error.

Seems rude to post and just drop off. Maybe he uses txt msg to respond but can't find the contact that he set it up under.

Who knows at this point?

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts

For example, I can't believe a "CONTACT" tab is NOT a choice when I bring up my PHONE app. I have: DIALER, RECENT, FAVS. What..., no CONTACTS? What logic was used in that decision!!! Sure, I can re-learn it and push buttons and extra steps, but that doesn't make it right. So next time YOU think its easy, stop and look at the logic...its NOT always the case.
    When you bring up the dialer you can get to your address book just by hitting the search key (the magnifying glass capacitive key) that takes you to your entire book. To add A person to your book from dialer just hit the + (plus symbol) on the lower left. Or better yet just get rid of dialer and only use your address book. From your address book you can easily pull up the dialer by hitting the phone in the center bottom of your address book. Either way works for me fine. Also from dialer like someone mentioned just start typing their name and you get them to populate your dialer. Hope those tips help. Enjoy.

The craziest thing about the OP and his post was when he said " I am a construction manager putting in T-Mobiles 4G network. My wife is also a construction manager for T-Mobile.".. if thats the quality of their people, its embarrassing lol

ROM
    Arctic HD

Maybe he realized his stupidity and that's why he hasn't been back

bradenfontaine likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

This is really stupid. I know exactly what the OP is talking about. I have two of these phones experiencing the same thing. The dialer has similar issues.
    When entering a name in the dialer or the text message recipient line, it does not appear to be searching the address book like my other phones have. I have a separate "Contacts+" app that will do it just fine. It IS surprising that the Dialer does not have a "Contacts" option.

Here is a good example:
    I have at least four (4) "David" contacts in my Google Contacts. I go to my text messages and tap the plus to compose a new message. In the recipient line I beging typing "d", "a", "v"...as soon as I get to this point, I have nothing showing. Before the "v", I had "Dad" showing. The weird thing is that my dad doesn't text. Never has. So why does this contact show up, but none of the "Dave" or "David" contacts, whom I have texted before, do not? The original post was not stupid. In fact, I found this forum because I'm experiencing the same thing. Would be nice if someone had some insight on this.

there are definitely issues with the way the phone searches through contacts. exactly like pclive describes. it is frustrating. typical android/manufacturer crap! it is always something. this is the stuff that makes dumbed down crap from apple appealing. it just works.

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by pclive View Post
    This is really stupid. I know exactly what the OP is talking about. I have two of these phones experiencing the same thing. The dialer has similar issues.
    When entering a name in the dialer or the text message recipient line, it does not appear to be searching the address book like my other phones have. I have a separate "Contacts+" app that will do it just fine. It IS surprising that the Dialer does not have a "Contacts" option.

Here is a good example:
    I have at least four (4) "David" contacts in my Google Contacts. I go to my text messages and tap the plus to compose a new message. In the recipient line I beging typing "d", "a", "v"...as soon as I get to this point, I have nothing showing. Before the "v", I had "Dad" showing. The weird thing is that my dad doesn't text. Never has. So why does this contact show up, but none of the "Dave" or "David" contacts, whom I have texted before, do not? The original post was not stupid. In fact, I found this forum because I'm experiencing the same thing. Would be nice if someone had some insight on this.
    Uhm just because someone doesn't text doesn't mean their name won't show up...

And I don't know what you mean. I have 6 mikes in my phone, when I type m everyone's name that has an m anywhere in the name appears, as soon as I hit "i" it automatically narrows down to only all of the mikes.

Don't see anything wrong with that.

As for the no contacts in the dialer, it's been said a freaking million times if you hit the search button, you know the little magnifying glass on the bottom right of the capacitive buttons? It brings up the contacts.

Also don't see anything wrong with the way that works.

You guys do know that verizon offers a free intro to smart phones class right?

ROM
    Arctic HD

Quote Originally Posted by bamabun View Post
    there are definitely issues with the way the phone searches through contacts. exactly like pclive describes. it is frustrating. typical android/manufacturer crap! it is always something. this is the stuff that makes dumbed down crap from apple appealing. it just works.
    Welcome to the forums, why don't you just go ahead and complain some more instead of actually adding anything knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    Welcome to the forums, why don't you just go ahead and complain some more instead of actually adding anything knowledgeable.

WTF? I am responding to a post that is about texting contacts not showing up! I am responding and agreeing with a previous poster. Your post didn't have anything to do with anything and has less place here than mine! Is this a place where only good/positive things can be said about the phone? Are you offended? Did you create Android? Are you upset that i spoke of your OS in a negative way. Why don't you go.....................

ROM
    Gingerbread

What makes the way this phone looks up contacts difficult or hard. The iphone has similar options. I haven't used IOS 6 so I'm not sure if this had changed but your post is borderline trolling. You bash a product without stating the difficulty you are having and then say it sucks. Maybe it is difficult for you, maybe the iPhone is for you. It would make more sense explaining what you find difficult. The search feature works exactly like T9 texting did on traditional phones. Since you haven't made your concerns known we can't offer helpful advice.

Thanked by:
    carracerz14 likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Uhm just because someone doesn't text doesn't mean their name won't show up...
    "Uhm"!!! You were missing my point. My dad doesn't text...I don't text him. Therefore, I can't say that his name shows up because I had texted him recently. He is not a recent contact for text. And others who are recently texted contacts, are not showing up. So why does his contact info show up when typing "da" and the "Davids" in my contacts do not?

And I don't know what you mean. I have 6 mikes in my phone, when I type m everyone's name that has an m anywhere in the name appears, as soon as I hit "i" it automatically narrows down to only all of the mikes.
    Well it sounds like you do know what I mean. Ok, so it works for you when you type "m" for mike. I have others that work for me too. The problem is that not all of them work. In fact, I just checked my contacts for the name "Mike" and I have one along with "Michael" and two different contacts name "Michelle". I type "M" and I get a bunch of contacts showing that have the letter "M" in them. There are a bunch, so I didn't scroll through them to look for specific contacts. I then type "i" and my list gets narrowed down to one contact named "Michelle". I do not get any of the other names that include "mi" in the contact name. Additionally, I do not get any of the other contacts that actually begin with "Mi" like "Mike", "Michael" or the other "Michelle" in my contacts. While I'm not suggesting that this happens on your phone. You should test multiple contacts to see if this occurs. Never mind...the way you've made yourself look at this point, you'd never admit to the problem even if you found this to be true with other contacts in your phone book.

As for the no contacts in the dialer, it's been said a freaking million times if you hit the search button, you know the little magnifying glass on the bottom right of the capacitive buttons? It brings up the contacts.
    You're getting off the point that was being made. I already knew about searching the contacts using the magnifying glass. But thanks for pointing out the obvious. Instead, I was referring to entering letters by numbers into the dialer and having the matching contacts show up based on those numbers.

You guys do know that verizon offers a free intro to smart phones class right?
    Now if they would only have a course on how to make helpful contributions to an online forum, without sounding like an a$s. From you...one or the other will be acceptable. But if you can do both, that will be a bonus.

Now the bottom line is...there is obviously an issue, whether it be for all users or just some users. Just because it's not happening to you (or you don't realize it's happening to you), doesn't mean it's not happening.

ROM
    Gingerbread

When you type the name one shows up but there is a box on the left you click too see the others. It should also say the number of matches.

I will try to add an attachment. I never can through this app for some reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast