Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

ROM
    Gingerbread

Default Re: Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue. All users please read!!!

I circled the part i was trying to describe. When you click it, it provides more options.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue.  All users please read!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1358310457244.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    carracerz14 likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Re: Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue. All users please read!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHost View Post
    When you type the name one shows up but there is a box on the left you click too see the others. It should also say the number of matches.

I will try to add an attachment. I never can through this app for some reason.
    Nice work with the screen shot image. I'm not sure I've ever noticed that. That's good to know.

But my main focus at this point is the same as the OP. That is the fact that, for many users of this phone, when attempting to enter a recipient when texting, it doesn't seem to be searching all of the contacts in the phonebook or contacts list and therefore it doesn't pull up a name or number automatically as you type the name. Again, this is when texting.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Gingerbread

ROFL... I just figured something out. If you type mi in text messenger it will pull back results with Mike and phone numbers with 64. Isn't that awesome? In case your not catching on, mi is equal to 64 on the dial pad.

Text search is still searching the same way as contacts, which is why we get mixed results.

Anyone else find this as the solution to the problem?or actually the cause!

FYI: the result is not limited to motos text app. I got the same in hand cent as well.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You guys need to relax. Simple question. If you don't have an answer, or don't have something to add to the discussion, don't post. Keep it on topic from here on out please.
    --Chris [cole2kb]

ROM
    Gingerbread

My reply was in response to the OPs original post. Not sure what you are considering off topic.

Thanked by:
    metz65 
    metz65 likes this.

My issue is I want to forward a text to a group when I hit the forward text key all I get is my reg contacts to come up how do I send to group?

ROM
    Gingerbread

If you go to the people app. Select the group tab, hit the plus, name the group, add people/contacts, then save.

Open text message, type in name of group, select group, add MSG then press send.

Hope that helps. If you have done this, explain at what point your are stuck.

It took me a while to figure this out. Go to the message You want to forward and put your finger on it until it turns blue, a forward envelope will appear at the top. Touch the envelope to select a recipient.

Quote Originally Posted by pclive View Post
    Nice work with the screen shot image. I'm not sure I've ever noticed that. That's good to know.

But my main focus at this point is the same as the OP. That is the fact that, for many users of this phone, when attempting to enter a recipient when texting, it doesn't seem to be searching all of the contacts in the phonebook or contacts list and therefore it doesn't pull up a name or number automatically as you type the name. Again, this is when texting.
    I too have this problem when trying to forward a text message.

Here is the strange thing, it used to work as expected. However now when I type the recipients name it won't find the name of a contact that have I have sent/received text messages with before. It only shows contacts that have never had any prior text communication.

I have a DROID RAZR MAX

when you click in the address bar/contact list area hit any letter cause if your looking for sam and hit s it always goes to the top of your phone book. scroll down and pick your contact if theres to many names to remember. thats what I do. otherwise spell out the name or start typing the number until the name you want pops up in the suggested name

Red face Re: Razr maxx and razr m text contact major issue. All users please read!!!

I see where everybody is being stupid by making fun of your question. They need to read better. You are referring to the thread, not just one text message but the whole thread. I see a problem with it as well. I cannot get the thread to forward either. I hope if you get the proper answer instead of people who have nothing better to do but make fun of others, please, by all means, let me know the correct answer.
    Thank You
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123