Spyware on RazrMaxx

catattoo

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a razrmaxx that my daughter is using. She is convinced that her ex bf is able to see all of her usage and location info remotely! I know that there are apps that will allow this. Does anyone have any ideas or advice about how to keep this from happening. Verizon doesn't seem to be able to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Check if there's any Apps in the "Device Administrator" section.
If there are & not installed by your daughter, deactivate them then they can be safely uninstalled.

Also check to see if there's an App installed named "Plan B", if so you can uninstall it.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Chances are that it was a 3rd party app that would be installed, as I doubt Google would allow spyware to be on the play store. But just to be safe I would choose not to restore your settings from Google and just start from scratch.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset if you're that worried.

+1 on un checking auto restore. Latitude in google maps is used for locating family and friends but they have to authorize it. Make sure latitude is off and clear all cached data from the Maps app.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. factory reset with manual reinstall/sync of apps and data.
2. install Lookout and set up auto scan.
3. set a strong immediate password lock on the phone.
4. make sure tracking apps like Google Latitude, Glypse, Camera Geodata, etc. are uninstalled or unactivated.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Also, go to settings>security and make sure install from unknown sources is not checked, that way something from a not trusted source can't be installed

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
a lot of spyware apps are disguised as something simple and wholesome. when in fact they are just a spying tool for someone. i would use matt's utility and choose option 1.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
This may not even be Spyware the way she describes it.. I don't use any of them myself, but aren't there programs that will let your friends see where you are at all times, like isn't Google Latitude like that, as well as some of the "Where's my phone?" type apps? Maybe this is all she's worried about.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
root, backup, wipe, restore one by one and only if you know what it is. done. that would be the only way to know for sure you are free from any worry. if you need any help with any of that we have a few good write ups and a ton of helpful folks that can help you with it. take control of your/her phone.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hold the phone and start googling things like ways to hide a body, torture instruments, ect...

Then Google street view his house. Do that a few times a day....

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463