Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By revtech
  • 2 Post By Dreamliner330
  • 1 Post By carracerz14
  • 1 Post By LegalAmerican
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Razr Maxx HD screen size

I went to a local Verizon store to check out the Razr Maxx HD. Is this suppose to be a larger screen versus my Razr Maxx? I barely noticed any difference. Anyone think the size difference is barely noticeable? -Casey
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Razr Maxx HD screen size

no they are virtually the same screen size

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

Razr maxx hd is 4.7 . . Razr maxx is 4.3 . . But the capacitive buttons on the maxx were moved on-screen for the maxx hd thus taking up the extra space. However the buttons disappear on the maxx hd when watching movies so the screen is effectively larger in that case.
    Thanked by:
    darktoy likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Okay, thanks for the input! So I'm not imagining it. I thought maybe the HD would be the size of the Samsung Galaxy S3. Oh well.

How was the display quality maxx vs maxx hd? Was there a huge difference there?

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidInside View Post
    Huge difference as I'm coming from a Maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Sorry i did phone dimensions not screen size...my bad

I just did a side-by-side comparison at a Verizon store. The HD screen is definitely nicer, but I wouldn't say it's by leaps and bounds. One thing to remember is that in the store, the demo models will always have the brightness turned up to 100%, which makes the screen pop. If you're going to compare side by side, either turn your phone up to 100%, or adjust the demo model to Auto or whatever you're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    I just did a side-by-side comparison at a Verizon store. The HD screen is definitely nicer, but I wouldn't say it's by leaps and bounds. One thing to remember is that in the store, the demo models will always have the brightness turned up to 100%, which makes the screen pop. If you're going to compare side by side, either turn your phone up to 100%, or adjust the demo model to Auto or whatever you're used to.
    I did this when I had both phones side by side at home and the difference was pretty big.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

The HD screen is 1/10th of an inch smaller than the S3 and the Maxx screen is nearly a half inch smaller than the HD. That's a sizeable difference in screen size for a phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post
    Razr maxx hd is 4.7 . . Razr maxx is 4.3 . . But the capacitive buttons on the maxx were moved on-screen for the maxx hd thus taking up the extra space. However the buttons disappear on the maxx hd when watching movies so the screen is effectively larger in that case.
    Onscreen buttons are quite possibly the worst design decision Google has made. Using screen real estate for buttons is incredibly stupid. If you look at a webpage, you can see more content on the original RAZR because there is more screen real estate for the actual browser window. (Though the screen looks much clearer on the RAZR HD).
    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidInside View Post
    The MAXX HD does look significantly better than the MAXX, the higher resolution/pixel density really helps the clarity but it is still a far cry from what it should be. In terms of CLARITY, the RAZR HD is easily beaten by the EVO LTE, ONE X, iPhone 4,4S,5, even the Motorola ATRIX HD looks better.

AMOLED is simply permanently handicapped by its sub-pixel arrangement and will never compete in terms of clarity with a LCD panel of the same resolution.

I'm going to go with the HTC DLX or Deluxe or whatever it ends up being called. It will have a LCD screen at 1080 resolution and hardware buttons. A 2500 mah battery is plenty to get through the day. I'll gladly give up 800mah if it means I don't have to deal with onscreen buttons or AMOLED.
    XDCX and bradenfontaine like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Onscreen buttons are quite possibly the worst design decision Google has made. Using screen real estate for buttons is incredibly stupid. If you look at a webpage, you can see more content on the original RAZR because there is more screen real estate for the actual browser window. (Though the screen looks much clearer on the RAZR HD).

The MAXX HD does look significantly better than the MAXX, the higher resolution/pixel density really helps the clarity but it is still a far cry from what it should be. In terms of CLARITY, the RAZR HD is easily beaten by the EVO LTE, ONE X, iPhone 4,4S,5, even the Motorola ATRIX HD looks better.

AMOLED is simply permanently handicapped by its sub-pixel arrangement and will never compete in terms of clarity with a LCD panel of the same resolution.

I'm going to go with the HTC DLX or Deluxe or whatever it ends up being called. It will have a LCD screen at 1080 resolution and hardware buttons. A 2500 mah battery is plenty to get through the day. I'll gladly give up 800mah if it means I don't have to deal with onscreen buttons or AMOLED.
    No the worst is no sdcard with 16gb maxx

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So I got my Razr Maxx HD yesterday, coming over from Nexus One. I decide to disable the google search bar on the top of home screen thru settings/apps/all/"google search". So far so good. Now I have extra real estate on the top, but I can't move other widgets or app icons into it! What's up with that? What can you use this extra real estate for? Now I power down my phone and restart, and go back to settings/apps/all/ and I no longer can find "google search". How do you restore this build in search widget that hangs in this apparently unusable real estate? I'm curious to know what others are using this "extra" real estate for.

ROM
    Arctic HD

On screen buttons are amazing. People who say otherwise are stupid. With rooting you can change them to any color you want, they aren't hardware so they will never get worn out. And best of all, they go away when you don't need them, yes folks that's right. If you're watching a video boom they're gone so you have to full screen.

Honestly though, they take up like .3 inches of the screen, space that you don't need to use anyway unless watching a video or playing a full screen game.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    bradenfontaine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by carracerz14 View Post
    On screen buttons are amazing. People who say otherwise are stupid. With rooting you can change them to any color you want, they aren't hardware so they will never get worn out. And best of all, they go away when you don't need them, yes folks that's right. If you're watching a video boom they're gone so you have to full screen.

Honestly though, they take up like .3 inches of the screen, space that you don't need to use anyway unless watching a video or playing a full screen game.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS
    People aren't "stupid" just because they like something different than you. Personally I think it's stupid to use up ANY screen real estate with buttons. The buttons look ridiculous, and it makes the screen look smaller.

The only way I'd take ugly on-screen buttons is if the display was 5".

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by:
    paul-c likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalAmerican View Post

The only way I'd take ugly on-screen buttons is if the display was 5".

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Ditto.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

Angry Re: Razr Maxx HD screen size

I agree, onscreen buttons are a waste of space. I'm very dissapointed in Moto, after owning the X, Bionic and Maxx. I'm switching to Note 2 with 3100 battery or wait for the S4 with 5 in. screen. The DNA stinks, the battery, no sd slot, locked in battery.

My brother just got his and the screen size isn't really noticable , but the picture is terrific.
    On a side note the speaker on the HD blows away the regular Maxx.
    I didn't like how they removed the menu button down at the bottom of the phone.