Having problems with Foxfi since Mid-October

BIGsinner

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I've browsed some foxfi posts earlier, but no one has mentioned any problems with fox fi in recent weeks. I've had my Razr Maxx since March, and its software is at 4.04 (ICS) Foxfi seem to be working for me with no problem till mid-October. I usually use Foxfi as a wifi hotspot for my Nexus 7. Up until then it had been working smoothly, then all of the sudden a few weeks ago, my Nexus 7 isn't able to properly connect. I will get a "notification" that my tablet is connected, but the wifi icon on my tablet will still be "grey'd out" and my tablet wont be able to browse the internet, nor use any internet enabled apps, meanwhile the Foxfi app shows that the hotspot is up and running. I've looked at I've tried rebooting both devices, but the problem still persists. (I've also tried the bluetooth route, but the Nexus 7 can't find my phone) Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

senecala

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I found that the encryption was the problem for me, I turn off encryption and it works great. It is not a ideal solution but it works. I think it is a problem with the wifi settings on the phone.

wrestleuedu

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi I am having many of the same problems the individual who started this thread was having with fox I. I used to have a droid 2 and foxfi worked great on that and when the time came to upgrade my phone I went with the droid RAZR maxx which I love and for the first month or so fox I worked great so I bought the full version. Then, after one of the system updates I got fox I stopped working all together. Whenever I try to activate my WiFi it says that it is checking for subscription status and then after a while it just says that my order cannot be processed and it gives me 2 phone numbers that take me to Verizon customer support. Then when I exit out of that foxfi acts like it is running normally but I am unable to connect to the internet on my iPad. I am thoroughly frustrated, if anyone could help me I would be appreciative.
Thanks a lot

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi I am having many of the same problems the individual who started this thread was having with fox I. I used to have a droid 2 and foxfi worked great on that and when the time came to upgrade my phone I went with the droid RAZR maxx which I love and for the first month or so fox I worked great so I bought the full version. Then, after one of the system updates I got fox I stopped working all together. Whenever I try to activate my WiFi it says that it is checking for subscription status and then after a while it just says that my order cannot be processed and it gives me 2 phone numbers that take me to Verizon customer support. Then when I exit out of that foxfi acts like it is running normally but I am unable to connect to the internet on my iPad. I am thoroughly frustrated, if anyone could help me I would be appreciative.
Thanks a lot

If you're running Jelly Bean OS on your device it will not work anymore.