Suspect Battery?

ncolliso3188

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So when I first got the phone when it was released I was getting 24 hrs plus of battery life. Now I'm lucky to get to 18 hrs. I'm not a heavy user of the phone; occasionally browse the Internet, mostly txt, and some pictures. My battery info says my display is at 72%.. Is that normal? The second highest % is the OS at 11%, everything else is <7%. Brightness is on auto.. Any suggestions?

bblaze

Android Powered Human
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
You can try using something like Juice Defender to help automate battery saving features. It may have something to do with what applications you have installed pulling down mobile data and eating up the battery life. It could also be the location you are in, if you get poor reception, the radio will be working harder to find signal. A battery saving app like Juice Defender may help out a bit. Also try switching to WiFi when you are in an area where WiFi is available to you, that will save some battery life, as well.

Last edited:

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You might have to assume your carrier might have made some changes to the towers in your area. The radio has to run at a higher output to keep contact with the towers in fringe areas.

Check your apps. I use SystemPanel to watch for rogue apps.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here. Juice defender did not help. Some days it goes till 11 pm, others til 8 pm. With the same use too. And I'm probably on wifi about 75 percent of the time. Still better than my X though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Last edited: