Camera lag

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing camera lag on their Droid Razr Maxx?
It takes about 3 to 5 seconds for the camera app to load for my device.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Same here. It's the only thing I hate about this phone. I have even tried several camera apps claiming to be the best and fastest. Don't believe they're worse.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
But we are talking about several seconds here. Even camera zoomfx takes like almost 5-10 seconds just to get the app going.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
My fiance's S3 is MUCH faster to load.. It's definitely not because the S3 is THAT much faster of a phone.. They need to optimize the Razr/Maxx's camera app.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. Are we talking about how fast the camera app takes to open and load up, or the lag from when you press the button to take the picture before the picture is actually taken???

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The OP was referring to how fast (or rather, slowly) the camera takes to start up. I find that it's slowest when first starting the camera up after a long hiatus. But if you've used the camera recently, then it starts up more quickly, presumably because the camera app was still active in the background, or it became a cached process. I wonder if the S3's camera is faster to start up because it's automatically loaded up on power up and kept active or cached.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

senecala

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I have problems with the camera too, especially taking pics of my kids that do not want to sit still. You can try the sports setting instead of auto. It takes the pic quicker, but the focus is a issue sometimes.

iresq

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Sadly the camera and supporting software have always been one my number one complaint with every Motorola Droid phone I've owned.

Shameless plug, razr sharp.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry. I cannot voice my opinion as I have not been stock since ICE rolled out. Of you are unhappy with the camera may I suggest rooting and flashing a custom ROM? Each ROM has its own custom camera and I must say, I'm quite pleases with the one I have ATM.

sent from the fingers of a Mad Man

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
It kind of sucks that one would have to root and rom. Just for a camera. Eeek. With all the positives of my razr maxx ill take a laggy camera lol.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused. Are we talking about how fast the camera app takes to open and load up, or the lag from when you press the button to take the picture before the picture is actually taken???

A little of both, but the biggest issue is how long it takes the camera to load. I would see something I would like to take a picture of, pull out my phone, open the camera app, and see a black screen for at least 5 seconds. The camera shutter lags a few seconds as well. By then I've missed my opportunity to take my picture.
As others have stated, after you've opened it recently, it will not take as long to reopen. It happens when I haven't used the camera in a while. I've tried other camera apps an they take just as long, if not longer.
I use the Sport setting to help with the shutter sometimes, but the pictures don't come out looking that great, depending on the lighting. I've also had my phone to reboot a few times using the camera app. I never had this problem with the two previous Android phones I've had prior. Battery life is great, but it upsets me that the camera app is lacking.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It kind of sucks that one would have to root and rom. Just for a camera. Eeek. With all the positives of my razr maxx ill take a laggy camera lol.

I wouldn't recommend rooting and installing a custom ROM "JUST" for a camera. The camera is an added bonus.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
What ROM are you using? I'm currently on dual core.

Running Eclipse right now and I'm really really really enjoying it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352764801822.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352764801822.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 11
  • uploadfromtaptalk1352764852343.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352764852343.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 12

Trending Posts

Forum statistics