Keep unlimited data

gregba

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is a bad spot to put this but I had a question on keeping my unlimited data:

If I transfer my upgrade to my wife who currently has a SGS3, and she buys a razr maxx HD with that upgrade/activates it, then I take it to VZW to have it de-actiated and re-actiated for my #, would I be able to keep my unlimited data?

does that make sense?

Thanks in advance!

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I hope you get an answer cause I'm in the same boat. I have one other phone eligible for an upgrade but I'm afraid I will lose my unlimited data.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
As I'm thinking you can activate any phone without changing your plan with that *288 I believe. Not sure though.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

briang00

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
So I believe as long as you both already had smart phones you should be good. Only if you had a regular cell phone and you upgrade that to a smart phone then you lose your unlimited. I am in the same boat. My kids got regular phones and the wife and I have smart phones with unlimited. If I upgrade theirs to smart phone then we go on the shared plan. Also you can activate the phone on verizons web site in your account. Just look for the activate new device area. I have done that a bunch of times when I have to replace my kids phones.

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Sister in law...broke her and upgraded she had to change her family plan and loss her unlimited... That's what happened to her...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

tybo85

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Just activate the phone online at my verizon, if you *228 a 4glte phone it will fry the sim card...

sent from my RAZR MAXX

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is a bad spot to put this but I had a question on keeping my unlimited data:

If I transfer my upgrade to my wife who currently has a SGS3, and she buys a razr maxx HD with that upgrade/activates it, then I take it to VZW to have it de-actiated and re-actiated for my #, would I be able to keep my unlimited data?

does that make sense?

Thanks in advance!

If your line has an upgrade available and you use it then you'll be forced to give up your unlimited data plan. Upgrades cannot be transferred.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
So I believe as long as you both already had smart phones you should be good. Only if you had a regular cell phone and you upgrade that to a smart phone then you lose your unlimited. I am in the same boat. My kids got regular phones and the wife and I have smart phones with unlimited. If I upgrade theirs to smart phone then we go on the shared plan. Also you can activate the phone on verizons web site in your account. Just look for the activate new device area. I have done that a bunch of times when I have to replace my kids phones.

Upgrading your kid's line to a smart phone won't force you into a shared data plan. The data plan added to your kid's line will be 2 GB for $30. Since you don't have the shared data plan right now you can only get it if you decide to switch your two unlimited data plans over.

PeteK01

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought the policy was that if you paid full retail price for the phone, you could keep the unlimited data plan. However, if you chose to buy a subsidized phone, you had to give up the unlimited plan.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I just did this successfully using my son's line. I upgraded on his line. That line did loose the unlimited plan. I then transferred the new phone to my Unlimited line. The main thing to do is to make sure it can be done before you start the process. That's why I would go into a corporate VZW instead of online. That way you can hold a person responsible if something goes wrong.
Make sure they have a good understanding of what you want and that if there is any chance that you will loose the unlimited, you won't do it. It burns 4 sims to make all the moves but it worked and it's worth it.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781