AOL Mail is not pushing to Droid Razr Maxx

droidnewbie2011

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx and I used the AOL app to have email pushed to it. I enter the usual info including user id and password and for some reason, I get no emails pushed for the past few weeks. I checked the settings to see if I unchecked something and I don't think I did. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello All,

I have a Droid Razr Maxx and I used the AOL app to have email pushed to it. I enter the usual info including user id and password and for some reason, I get no emails pushed for the past few weeks. I checked the settings to see if I unchecked something and I don't think I did. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks!

I have the answer for you, as I had exactly this same problem when I got my Razr Maxx and noticed my AOL email wasn't getting pushed. The short answer is that the built-in email app simply won't work, at least not for AOL push email.

I resolved my problem by going to the Google Play Store and installed the following apps:

Mail.com
This free app works for pushing AOL mail quite well, except you have to tolerate advertisements since it's free. I don't remember if there is a paid version or not.

MailDroid
This app works even better than Mail.com for pushing AOL mail, and has more advanced features. I ended up paying a few dollars for this app, which was well worth it. I don't remember if there is a free version of this or not.

Cheers,
Casey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12