Anyone experiencing lag on razr maxx?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank you bradenfontaine so much for the advise and awesome write up on how to add safestrap, etc. I just finished it a little while ago but unfortunately, the lag is still there. It is painfully slow. My wife has the same phone with GB and I will check her's tonight to see if she has the same problem. Based on this I am going back to my Blackberry Bold at least for now. I just compared the 2 phones and even google maps loaded so much faster on the BB than it did on the motorola. Not trying to troll with that statement, just making an observation. I feel that some phones just don't work well with ICS yet. Hopefully that will change with the patch supposedly being worked on by Android at which time I can switch back.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Rooting and installing safestrap will not clear up lag. Some of the apps you need root for can though. SD Maid Pro is good for cleaning your system safely. SetCPU is good for changing your CPU speed. I like using the hotplug Governor personally and people have reported a more fluid like experience with SIO as your I/O scheduler. There are many options.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The lag your describing is an issue that came with the ICS update. Done experienced right away while others got it later. Mine is starting it again too.

Doing a reset clears it up but again may cone back eventually. There was an update we ate waiting for to fix it but that update may be JB instead.

We will see.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Filosophic1

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that my Maxx is doing the same thing. It slows to a crawl when I'm trying to open an app, and the web browsing has become painfully slow as well. When I try to enter an address in my web browser, It usually takes 2 to 3 seconds for my Maxx to recognize that I've hit a key. It has also started randomly rebooting on me. For example, I tried to open my camera, and after waiting 15 seconds or so for the camera to open, the phone just rebooted. Have wiped the cache, done factory resets, and reduced the number of apps on my phone down to bare bones, and still have to reset my phone once or twice a day to make it usable. I miss how fast my Maxx used to be when I first got it.

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I think I figured out the problem. When I compared my razr maxx running ICS to my wife's running GB I noticed my wife's phone running much faster than mine. I think it has to do with the fact that on ICS, I have the option to close or exit an app which I usually to to try to limited the use of RAM (goes back to using blackberries). When I did a direct comparison between the phones I was always opening the app on my phone but the app on my wife's phone was never really closed so it would open much faster. When I compared the phones with the apps on my phone open (previously opened and then hitting the home button) the phones were very similar.

Thanks everyone for all the help!

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Remember free ram is wasted ram in android so by clearing the most amount of ram you are actually causing more work for the OS.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)