Upgrade Droid X To Razr Maxx For $150. Worth It?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i am on a local regional carrier. i've had the droid x for a year now and have really enjoyed it. my carrier just got the razr maxx. and for black friday, i can get it for $150. i'm sure the razr maxx is a worthy upgrade from the droid x, but is it worth $150 when my X still does everything i need it to? i dont have 4g in my area, so that is one feature that will go unused. i would greatly enjoy better battery life. i have a weak signal where i work. so by the end of the day, with only an hour of use (maybe), my battery is down to 40's. need some advice on what to do. preferably from people who upgraded to the maxx from the x. after black friday, the maxx will go back to its normal price of $250:eek:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
150 is the best you can find it for? Well even then I suppose it's still worth it. I also had a Droid x, this phone is years ahead of it

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
The Maxx is free at Best Buy on Black Friday and Best Buy price matched with Radio Shack and we got her Maxx for $69.99. Well worth more than what we paid. I don't know what the Radio Shack price is now though. I personally think it's worth the $150.00.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is that the OP is on a local regional carrier rather than a major national one like VZW. So the prices aren't going to go as low since there isn't as much subsidizing.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is that the OP is on a local regional carrier rather than a major national one like VZW. So the prices aren't going to go as low since there isn't as much subsidizing.

B Diddy is right. those prices listed are with 2 year contracts on major carriers like verizon. this is probably the lowest price i will be able to get it for on my small carrier

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are with Alltel, or have it in your area, the RAZR maxx is going for $1 on black Friday :)

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11