Window 8, Motocast, and USB Problem
Thought I post this to share: I just bought a new laptop (Toshiba Satellite with Window 8) and noticed that the computer would not recognize my external SD card (internal SD recognized). I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on, since my HP laptop with Window 7 recognized the external SD card just fine. Then reading through the forums, I realized that I had deleted Motocast app that originally came with the phone, since I never use it and always had to X it out. When I reinstalled Motocast app via Google Play, the Toshiba recognized my external SD card as well as my internal SD card. Had no idea that Motocast played such an important role in syncing with the computer. Thought I pass the info along for those who bought new computer with Window 8.
Last edited by Jack33; 11-25-2012 at 10:15 PM.Samsung A950 > LG Choco > BB Curve > DINC > DINC2 > MAXX > Moto X
- 11-26-2012, 12:09 PM #2
Re: Window 8, Motocast, and USB Problem
I believe Motocast installs the drivers needed for your PC/Laptop to recognize your device and it's SD card.Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)Flames Wallpaper
Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
- 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM #3
- 1 Posts
Last edited by marmarinou; 11-26-2012 at 05:03 PM.
- By fullofsecrets in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 44Last Post: 05-08-2013, 12:29 PM
- By Swindez95 in forum Samsung StratosphereReplies: 6Last Post: 04-27-2013, 05:23 PM
- By jenos7 in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 1Last Post: 01-04-2012, 01:41 PM
- By andres_android in forum Droid 2 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-24-2011, 08:01 AM
- By mtn335 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 4Last Post: 11-05-2010, 02:47 PM