Verizon data question.

mortalmallard

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Not sure where to post this but I know you folks always give great input in this forum!! I preordered the galaxy Note for my wife at the local Verizon store. The girl reminded me that this would require me to change from unlimited to a garbage (shared) plan. I asked if that would be effective immediately and she told me no and the printout of my contract shows my old unlimited plan. I have changed nothing at this time. Got the new phone today and activated it. I got no prompt to change my plan or anything like that. Checked VZW site and I see nothing there that says to change it. Will VZW catch this and make me change? My personal opinion is to keep my mouth shut and live it up on unlimited for as long as I can but am concerned that if it is caught down the road they will try to gouge me and charge me for their error of not making me change the plan immediately. Don't get me wrong I am an honest person, but I'm tired of VZW raping my wallet every chance they get and if I can get away without changing I am going to do just that. What are your thoughts?

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy it outright, or did you buy it via upgrade? From my understanding, if you buy it at full retail price, nothing on your contract changes. If you upgrade via Verizon, or Verizon certified retailer, you are forced to change your plan. I'm pretty sure at some point, everyone will have to go to this unlimited garbage, but until then I am going to try and use as much as possible.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, if you used an upgrade you lost your unlimited data plan. If you didn't use an upgrade then you're still on unlimited.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Not sure where to post this but I know you folks always give great input in this forum!! I preordered the galaxy Note for my wife at the local Verizon store. The girl reminded me that this would require me to change from unlimited to a garbage (shared) plan. I asked if that would be effective immediately and she told me no and the printout of my contract shows my old unlimited plan. I have changed nothing at this time. Got the new phone today and activated it. I got no prompt to change my plan or anything like that. Checked VZW site and I see nothing there that says to change it. Will VZW catch this and make me change? My personal opinion is to keep my mouth shut and live it up on unlimited for as long as I can but am concerned that if it is caught down the road they will try to gouge me and charge me for their error of not making me change the plan immediately. Don't get me wrong I am an honest person, but I'm tired of VZW raping my wallet every chance they get and if I can get away without changing I am going to do just that. What are your thoughts?

If you are lucky, your wife got put on the 2 gig plan and you still have unlimited. However, I would check at the end of your billing period to make sure. I would keep your mouth shut unless you end up going over your alotted MB's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37