Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bradenfontaine
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By TDSI
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default Goes into mute during calls

I started having issues that Motocast would just open up on its own. If I was on a call, the blue mute would highlight on its own and then drop the call. This started happening more frequently. I did a soft reset, hard reset, etc. Got a new replacement phone just the other day. It happened again! Motocast opened on its own without me even touching the phone. So this time I disabled Motocast and figued I would listen to music with the google play music app instead. So far it was good, but then tonight, while on a call, the call muted on its own again and the call dropped. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I love this phone but I am at my wits end. Thanks everyone.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,255 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Default Re: Goes into mute during calls

Weired as hell. Maybe the screen sensor not picking up on your face? You strutting a manly beard by chance? I ask because when I was the beard was so thick the sensor sometimes didn't pick up if I wasn't pressing it to hard enough, causing me to hit buttons while on a call.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
    Just some hobo with a phone
    B. Diddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bradenfontaine View Post
    Weired as hell. Maybe the screen sensor not picking up on your face? You strutting a manly beard by chance? I ask because when I was the beard was so thick the sensor sometimes didn't pick up if I wasn't pressing it to hard enough, causing me to hit buttons while on a call.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

That is really interesting. Maybe manufacturers should get ZZ Top to beta test their phones to make sure they work for everybody, regardless of facial hair!
    Thanked by:
    bradenfontaine likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Hey, funny stuff and thanks for the replies. I think I figured it out. I started seeing the calls get dropped only when I had a mono (old BB) head set plugged in. I started using the phone without the headset and it was working fine. Then I tried another headset that Verizon gave me for the phone as a package deal and it worked fine. Plugged in the old headset and bingo....other party told me they could not hear me and calls started to drop again. So, it was a conflict with the headset.....into the garbage!
    bradenfontaine likes this.