Goes into mute during calls

TDSI

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I started having issues that Motocast would just open up on its own. If I was on a call, the blue mute would highlight on its own and then drop the call. This started happening more frequently. I did a soft reset, hard reset, etc. Got a new replacement phone just the other day. It happened again! Motocast opened on its own without me even touching the phone. So this time I disabled Motocast and figued I would listen to music with the google play music app instead. So far it was good, but then tonight, while on a call, the call muted on its own again and the call dropped. Anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I love this phone but I am at my wits end. Thanks everyone.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Weired as hell. Maybe the screen sensor not picking up on your face? You strutting a manly beard by chance? I ask because when I was the beard was so thick the sensor sometimes didn't pick up if I wasn't pressing it to hard enough, causing me to hit buttons while on a call.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Weired as hell. Maybe the screen sensor not picking up on your face? You strutting a manly beard by chance? I ask because when I was the beard was so thick the sensor sometimes didn't pick up if I wasn't pressing it to hard enough, causing me to hit buttons while on a call.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

That is really interesting. Maybe manufacturers should get ZZ Top to beta test their phones to make sure they work for everybody, regardless of facial hair!

TDSI

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey, funny stuff and thanks for the replies. I think I figured it out. I started seeing the calls get dropped only when I had a mono (old BB) head set plugged in. I started using the phone without the headset and it was working fine. Then I tried another headset that Verizon gave me for the phone as a package deal and it worked fine. Plugged in the old headset and bingo....other party told me they could not hear me and calls started to drop again. So, it was a conflict with the headset.....into the garbage!