Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By firemanjoe
  • 1 Post By mvp4him3
  • 2 Post By p08757
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Razr Maxx User

The first thing I have to say is wow! I completed my first day of having the Razr Maxx yesterday. 18 hours off charge,6+ hours of screen time, wifi on, 4G on, bluetooth music streaming, texting, etc.....and I had 67% battery when I went to bed? You have to be kidding me!! I gave up all hope on the Galaxy Nexus, having to charge multiple times per day just to stay above 50% battery, the 4G that just consumed the battery, why can't all phones be like this phone? I know this phone probably isn't perfect, but the battery life alone is amazing, and I am having good luck with everything else on this phone. Thanks for reading, just glad I finally made the switch to this phone!
    Thanked by:

Default Re: New Razr Maxx User

This is my first 24hours with mine as well...still exploring. i can't quite figure out how to get the widgets to work. i got them installed but can't figure out how to make them work. i switched from the incredible. went in to get the iphone5 and came our with the razr maxx. so far i am pleased with my choice.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by OBXSporty View Post
    This is my first 24hours with mine as well...still exploring. i can't quite figure out how to get the widgets to work. i got them installed but can't figure out how to make them work.
    whatcha need help with buddy?
    If i have ever helped you, please do not forget to hit Thanks

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

If you need directions on how to clear your Cache, i have a write up HERE

Welcome to Imo the best phone for your money family. This phone is amazing. I have had it for over a year and from flashing multiple roms to using it all the time it is an amazing device. I just hope that the jellybean gets released soon so the ROMs can be more stable.
    bradenfontaine likes this.
    ** Superhero **

Global Posts
    2,020 Global Posts

Like many Android users, you probably were suffering from CPBLAS. (Cell Phone Battery Life Anxiety Syndrome) I used to plan my life around the availability of a place to charge my phone and would start to panic inside if my battery level started to creep in the lower percentages if I was away from home.

Worry no more. It will take a few weeks for the symptoms of PBLAS to go away, but they will.

Enjoy your new phone!
    bradenfontaine and rjr1209 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Like many Android users, you probably were suffering from CPBLAS. (Cell Phone Battery Life Anxiety Syndrome) I used to plan my life around the availability of a place to charge my phone and would start to panic inside if my battery level started to creep in the lower percentages if I was away from home.

Worry no more. It will take a few weeks for the symptoms of PBLAS to go away, but they will.

Enjoy your new phone!
    Haha perfect explanation

i wanted to use the one more clock app. I got it to my phone, but it will not install. i moved it to the home screen and nothing happened but the icon on the screen. there was no option to open it.

Quote Originally Posted by OBXSporty View Post
    i wanted to use the one more clock app. I got it to my phone, but it will not install. i moved it to the home screen and nothing happened but the icon on the screen. there was no option to open it.
    Can you un install and re install?

yes i have done that several times.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

It is not an app it is a widget you download install it and then put it on your home screen through the widget tab in your app drawer. Once you place it on your home screen tap the upper left hand corner and it'll bring up the settings where you can choose your skin.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

If you ever have any questions about rooting we have written up a nice little thread HERE, please read this and post if you have any questions.

One thing I've noticed about the Maxx (not sure if it happens with other devices) is that when you download and install something with widgets, the widgets take a little while to show up in your widgets list. With One More Clock, after you install it, you have to find it in your Widgets list (go to All Apps and tap Widgets at the top of the screen), then long press the size of the widget you want, and drag it to a homescreen. I think it will then ask you to choose a skin.

If you don't see the widget right after you download it, either wait a while (not sure how long, maybe up to 10-15 minutes) or power your phone off (i.e., turn it completely off) and turn it on again.

H
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    One thing I've noticed about the Maxx (not sure if it happens with other devices) is that when you download and install something with widgets, the widgets take a little while to show up in your widgets list. With One More Clock, after you install it, you have to find it in your Widgets list (go to All Apps and tap Widgets at the top of the screen), then long press the size of the widget you want, and drag it to a homescreen. I think it will then ask you to choose a skin.

If you don't see the widget right after you download it, either wait a while (not sure how long, maybe up to 10-15 minutes) or power your phone off (i.e., turn it completely off) and turn it on again.
    What I do is just do a reboot every time I install something which I am going to use the widget for so it gets available quicker.

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

i would really like to root my maxx but am so afraid i will brick it

Quote Originally Posted by Mrluky View Post
    It takes an act of God to brick your phone now days with all the fool proof software. I believe there is a sticky on how to do it if you are interested.
    The Mad Man

Global Posts
    2,233 Global Posts
    ROM
    Black Widow

Quote Originally Posted by Mrluky View Post
    check out the sticky and if you have any issues or questions there are a good amount of people on here that would be more than willing to help.